Assault cannon

Dravinix

As far as I know, the Republic can't use sniper rifles. So there is a juxtaposition of sorts. Both sides can get drops of a weapon they have no use for. What's worse is, as an armstech, you can make either an assault cannon or sniper rifle that your side can't use! To me, that's bad design. You either need to remove the respective weapons from the respective factions or add the functionality of use to the factions somewhere.

Unless there is a class that can use them and I missed it somehow?

• 2 years later...
I'm surprised this is true :( it seems silly that a powertech can only use a pistol. the whole reason i made one was because i thought i could use the blaster cannon or at least riles. This should be changed it would provide alot more diversity to the game.

I'm surprised this is true :( it seems silly that a powertech can only use a pistol. the whole reason i made one was because i thought i could use the blaster cannon or at least riles. This should be changed it would provide alot more diversity to the game.

I made a Vanguard at first expecting it to use an Assault Cannon. Because Tanks, have giant guns... Bioware = no logic... Allow Vanguards to wield Assault Cannons Bioware! I want my tank with giant guns!

I'm right there with you. I would do just about anything to be able to give my PT a blaster rifle. His appearance is a bit based on and inspired by Boba Fett because as many here I wanted that vibe when playing my BH but it just isn't quite there with a pistol.

I know it's been mentioned before but I wish it was something that was constantly pushed for until we got it. It has already been stated that they had interest in doing this at some point I believe.