F2P commendation cap question

startika

I am a subscriber currently, and have maximum wz and ranked wz comms.

I understand that f2p (preferred) players have a lower cap at commendations.

What happens, if i go f2p and resub, let's say, after a week. Will i lose all my commendations above the f2p cap?

I suspect it will be just like money... whatever you have above the F2P limit will be safely locked away until you sub again.

Not necessarily. There is an escrow mechanic for the credits and otherwise credits have no natural limit. The commendation question however, is somewhat different, as everything over the lower cap would normally not be saved up but simply lost, as earning above cap does currently for subs. I would wait for someone who's tried this to answer the question, or spend the comms first.

*EDIT

Although if you don't log in while f2p you'll certainly get to keep it.

Edited by Vandicus

Not necessarily. There is an escrow mechanic for the credits and otherwise credits have no natural limit. The commendation question however, is somewhat different, as everything over the lower cap would normally not be saved up but simply lost, as earning above cap does currently for subs. I would wait for someone who's tried this to answer the question, or spend the comms first.

*EDIT

Although if you don't log in while f2p you'll certainly get to keep it.

Yup it could well disapear like rested experience in F2P.

The ingame knowledge db says that the commendations caps are heightened for preferred players. Do you know how high are these caps exactly?

My friend just resubbed, but he was playing as preferred for a couple of days, 20 commendations was his limit.

Edit:

I am talking about planet commendations here, as for WZ and space commendations i don't know what their preferred limit is, but i do know for a fact that once you make your transition from preferred to subscriber again all commendations you have previously obtained will be there waiting for you, as in they will not magically disappear.

Hope this helps, cheers.

Edited by Vlacke