a question about hk-51

ImmortalLowlife

Nope! You have to do the quest at least once on your Legacy to be able to buy the HK-51 perk that grants him to all your characters. No amount of Cartel Coins can currently sidestep the need to do the quest at least once.

P.S. Love your signature!

Edited by XeroVeritas

Nope! You have to do the quest at least once on your Legacy to be able to buy the HK-51 perk that grants him to all your characters. No amount of Cartel Coins can currently sidestep the need to do the quest at least once.

P.S. Love your signature!

Lol thanks!

Yea, he Drives trucks & is only able to play about 2-3 days a month (although we usually get in about 10hrs when he plays) I've been using my higher lvl toons to help him run thru class missions, but after a full month 1/2 he's still only lvl 28. For him to get hk looks like its finna take a while lol :rolleyes:

Lol thanks!

Yea, he Drives trucks & is only able to play about 2-3 days a month (although we usually get in about 10hrs when he plays) I've been using my higher lvl toons to help him run thru class missions, but after a full month 1/2 he's still only lvl 28. For him to get hk looks like its finna take a while lol :rolleyes:

You could also ask him if he wants to wait until August 6th when the 2.3 update comes. The new companion (an ewok the healing tank) I believe will be able to be bought through the cartel market. I'm not entirely sure so consult the video on the home page or on YouTube.

Note that if he is F2P he will have to purchase the "Section X" unlock to be able to get to Section X and start the quest.

I have seen it going for cheap on the GTN and they also dropped the price significantly on the Cartel Market.

Edited by ZeroPlus

Unfortunately, there is a slight problem with doing the HK-51 quest as a F2P person. Along with what ZeroPlus said about buying Sextion X Authorisation he will need to either Subscribe for 1 month or purchase Cartel Coins. This is because 1 of the items for completing the quest is from the opposite faction and as a F2P he has no access to sending in-game mail, hampering him sending the piece across. Doing either will grant him Preferred Status and he will have access to sending item in the mail.

Unfortunately, there is a slight problem with doing the HK-51 quest as a F2P person. Along with what ZeroPlus said about buying Sextion X Authorisation he will need to either Subscribe for 1 month or purchase Cartel Coins. This is because 1 of the items for completing the quest is from the opposite faction and as a F2P he has no access to sending in-game mail, hampering him sending the piece across. Doing either will grant him Preferred Status and he will have access to sending item in the mail.

Now this I didn't realize. (F2p not being able to send mail.) But buy the time he gets to 50, he'll prob be convinced to sub anyway by then....

Is it possible to run through this solo to get him?

At any level.

You need to be level 50+ to pick up the quest the first time. It is possible to solo the whole quests but this depends on gear really as at the beginning and end of the quest chain there is a Heroic 2 which can be a little difficult if your not well geared.