Underworld Trading

JimFC

As a force user, I got Underworld Trading primarily so I would get some of the more rare components required for some of the Synthweaving recipes. However, all that my crew members keep bringing back are the companion gifts. I’m 120 in UT and already have a locker full of gifts for crew members I don’t yet have. The UT skill is the recommended one for Synthweaving and the description says it will yield luxury fabrics and underworld metals used to construct prototype and artifact armor, earpieces, grenades, space upgrades and weapons and armor modifications. How come all I’m getting is the gifts? Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

The missions bring different kinds of items back, and you get new sets of missions as you go through them.

If you look at the bottom of the mission, it'll say, "Rank X Companion Gifts/Luxury Fabrics/Underworld Metals."

They'll bring whatever is listed back... or fail.

As a force user, I got Underworld Trading primarily so I would get some of the more rare components required for some of the Synthweaving recipes. However, all that my crew members keep bringing back are the companion gifts. I’m 120 in UT and already have a locker full of gifts for crew members I don’t yet have. The UT skill is the recommended one for Synthweaving and the description says it will yield luxury fabrics and underworld metals used to construct prototype and artifact armor, earpieces, grenades, space upgrades and weapons and armor modifications. How come all I’m getting is the gifts? Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Have you actually read the part where it says "yields luxury fabrics" for example?

There is one for "companion gifts" as well, and my guess would be that you picked that one instead. Learn to read the description ;)

In reply to the two posts above: Sorry, I suppose I need to be more specific. I did read the description, and all the tasks I get offered only have gifts as a reward. None of them have the materials as rewards. I took Underworld Trading because I believed I would get mats for crafting and some gifts, not just all gifts. I kept leveling UT because I assumed that would change and I would get tasks that yield mats. Again, lvl 120 in UT and I have never had a task that rewarded me crating materials.

So, is Underworld Trading really a good skill to have in conjunction with Synthweaving? Would it be better to have, say Treasure Hunting? Is the description of the skill itself misleading? (Underworld Trading missions can yield luxury fabrics and underworld metals used to construct prototype and artifact armor, earpieces, grenades, space upgrades and weapons and armor modifications.)

I have found that I quickly "lose" underworld metal missions as I need these items and use these frequently. That leaves me with only companion gifts and luxury fabric missions which I don't really want. What I have done is team up with someone who wants the fabrics but not the metals and we swap. Perhaps you could try this :o

As Armormech I've encountered the same problem from time to time. Usually just running through a couple of the wrong missions will result in the list getting refreshed with what I need.

Are you saying that you've NEVER seen Luxury Fabrics come up?

I have found that I quickly "lose" underworld metal missions as I need these items and use these frequently. That leaves me with only companion gifts and luxury fabric missions which I don't really want. What I have done is team up with someone who wants the fabrics but not the metals and we swap. Perhaps you could try this :o

This person types wisdom.

The mission rewards rotate thru. Sometimes you will only have Companion Gifts offered and you need to do these to get the Synthweaving materials missions to come up. It's enough to make you go broke from time to time if you have a need for the mission items.

So quite often the items I need, say Underworld Metals are not there, so I do Companion Gifts and usually the metals mission shows up next.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I consider this something of a problem with Underworld Trading, really. I often find myself looking at 4 companion gifts missions and 1 mission for abundant luxury fabrics, or something. And oh yeah, I'm an armormech, so I don't need the fabrics.

If I'm feeling lazy, I'll just run a level 1 companion gift mission in order to refresh the missions menu, but logging out and logging back in will do it, as well. Some people claim that getting on and off your ship will refresh the menu, but that hasn't worked for me.

But in any case, I think it's kind of annoying that most people specifically take UT for the metals and fabrics, but the missions for them are so few and far between.

As people have noted, the trick is simply to log out and log back in again to cycle your mission list. Early on, this may seem a bit frustrating- but when missions start taking 20,30, or more minutes to run, you don't sweat it too much.

Also, those gifts DO tend to sell nicely on the market, once you're past the stuff easily found in shops. It's nice being able to feed your companion's affection in multiple 300+ bites...

As people have noted, the trick is simply to log out and log back in again to cycle your mission list. Early on, this may seem a bit frustrating- but when missions start taking 20,30, or more minutes to run, you don't sweat it too much.

Also, those gifts DO tend to sell nicely on the market, once you're past the stuff easily found in shops. It's nice being able to feed your companion's affection in multiple 300+ bites...

Any zone change at all also works.

When I want to refresh missions I will usually log off and back on while on my ship. I find this loads the quickest.