Legacy gear

Kal-Esse

Hi there, I am a new player to SWTOR, having played SWG for around 5/6 years rather badly! I'm loving SWTOR, and feel as if I actually understand the mechanics of the game, however, as always, prosthetics are key, and I have a question about armour.

I was reviewing the Legacy Vendor on Coruscant and discovered the Guardian Exalted set, and have almost amassed enough credits for it, but saw a post saying it could only be purchased by those who have reached Legacy Level 20. Is this the case, or do they mean level 20?

Sorry for the newbie question, thanks for any input!

Johnny.

Welcome to SWTOR...I too was an average to not so good SWG vet, nice to know I'm not the only one here lol.

Answer to your question is you have to have the legacy level required for the gear, not character level. Sorry if this means you'll have to wait to get your gear. It'll take you a good while to get to legacy level 20...at least you'll hit 50 well before you get to legacy level 20. But the good news is once you have started your legacy almost everything you do after that counts towards progression. Good luck out there!!

Edited by MetalHed

welcome to SWTOR!

unfortunately, as the above poster wrote, you need a legacy level of 20 to purchase these legacy orange sets.

Legacy level 20 is relatively "long" to reach for casual players who have taken their time levelling (I believe one character level 50 plus somes alts below 20 will give you a legacy level of 6, more or less).

Hi there, I am a new player to SWTOR, having played SWG for around 5/6 years rather badly! I'm loving SWTOR, and feel as if I actually understand the mechanics of the game, however, as always, prosthetics are key, and I have a question about armour.

I was reviewing the Legacy Vendor on Coruscant and discovered the Guardian Exalted set, and have almost amassed enough credits for it, but saw a post saying it could only be purchased by those who have reached Legacy Level 20. Is this the case, or do they mean level 20?

Sorry for the newbie question, thanks for any input!

Johnny.

Legacy is unlocked around level 32 by completing Chapter One. ALL characters share the same legacy, and, everything that adds experience works up to it, but, it doesn't work as fast. Anywayyyyy, yes, Legacy Level 20. That's around one level 50 and one level 30 or so.

Thanks for welcomes and advice everyone! I'll be happy with what I've got for now, only level 36 on my main, and a 10 and 12 that I'm trying not to spend too much time on till I level this Guardian!

There is Legacy level 10 armor as well, if you don't want to wait for the Legacy level 20 armor you can buy that - same vendor.

The Legacy level 20 is called EXALTED, the level 10 is called RENOWNED.

You can use ORANGE Legacy gear (Exalted or Renowned) to send endgame gear mods to your alts - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=462811 more info at the posted link.

the Legacy Level 10 gear looks pretty nice for the pub side (most imp side legacy level 10 gear is lame looking). i have on level 50, two level 20ishes, and my trooper is level 19. I got legacy level 10 by doing dailies on my level 50 for a couple weeks, so my conclusion is that the BEST legacy xp is from daily missions at level 50 (you also get about 7-11 K per mission so its a good way to get the creds needed to purchase the legacy gear too). But yeah, there are a lot of different combos to get to legacy level 20, but all of them require at least one level 50 toon on ur account, so level up your gaurdian :). Personally, I would look at the JK renowned gear again, if you have enough creds to buy it by the time you hit 50 you might be able to purchase the renowned gear after a few weeks of level 50 dailies :)

Good Luck!

• 3 months later...

I've had my legacy at 50 for a while now, the best way to level it seems to be dailies and ops, as trash gives out quite a bit of xp as well. Ops are also great for social points!

Leveling alts is the slowest possible way to get legacy in my experience.