Madness Pre-50 PvP

beefyandbeef

I play a Madness specced sorc level 36 right now, and when I play 50 PvP, I do awesome.

Everybody is always saying, "Sorcs are weak!", "sorc are always targed first!"

I guess I could see that because everything is channeled, but really, I'm not seeing it.

I'm hitting at least 200,000 damage every time, always better than the other sorcs, always beating the sniper and marauders.

Now this isn't bragging, but I feel like its also an easy class to play with great rewards. Throw out a death field, crushing darkness, affliction, and spam the heck out of everyone with force lighting. When I start to get targeted, I have so many escapes: Force speed, Static Barrier, the force slow, the knock back, insta self heal.

Am I just playing noobs? Because it seems to me Madness sorc is AWESOME.

Thoughts?

Edited by beefyandbeef

I play a Madness specced sorc level 36 right now, and when I play 50 PvP, I do awesome.

I guess I could see that because everything is channeled, but really, I'm not seeing it.

I'm hitting at least 200,000 damage every time, always better than the other sorcs, always beating the sniper and marauders.

Now this isn't bragging, but I feel like its also an easy class to play with great rewards. Throw out a death field, crushing darkness, affliction, and spam the heck out of everyone with force lighting. When I start to get targeted, I have so many escapes: Force speed, Static Barrier, the force slow, the knock back, insta self heal.

Thoughts?

Well that's great that you enjoy it so much. But really you can't base the performance of the class/spec on pre 50 pvp warzones. Nothing more to it really.

But btw I will also say they are often targeted first because people often assume sorcs/sages are healers, when they may or may not be. Also, their "squishiness" makes them prime targets for people to beat up on.

Edited by Wrthlessnoob

Thoughts?

These's one point i totally agree with you, and it is - sorc is AWESOME. Sorcs are not weak at all, that's it. I like both madness and utility hybrid. Didn't play pre50 branch though, they say it's where sorcs dominate, but i don't find 50 bracket bad for sorcs at all.

These's one point i totally agree with you, and it is - sorc is AWESOME. Sorcs are not weak at all, that's it. I like both madness and utility hybrid. Didn't play pre50 branch though, they say it's where sorcs dominate, but i don't find 50 bracket bad for sorcs at all.

Totally agree. I not super skilled at PvP, I mean, I have a 50 Vanguard Tank and I'm not that great and that like the best class.

On my Inquisitor, it's so easy to dish out some serious damage. Throw out death field, crushing darkness, affliction, and then spam force lightning, they drops like flies.

Believe it or not, I am winning one on ones with Jedi Sentinels!

Thoughts?

Sorcs scale very poorly with gear- so at level 50 you get left behind in the dust.

Sorcs get better faster in levels- while many classes don't get decent until later levels- so pre-50 pvp with mid/low levels a sorc is pretty good.

Also- low levels mean nothing. I've topped damage and healing meters on all 8 ACs before level 20- pre50 players are simply put, bad.

I've gotten as much as 50% more kills and damage than the second place person as a mara, sniper, PT and even commando pre50... and let me tell you, commandos blow.

Level 50 is a completely different game- you'll start to get used to sins being near immune to your CC while locking you down, and of course to juggs who can do the same and mara who can destroy you in seconds while root locking you with ease. And that's just 1v1- get into teams and everyone will focus you, and with two people on you you're not only dead- you're not going to move or get anything off before you die.

So, what I'm saying is- enjoy pre50 pvp for as long as you can.

-If you are good, you can do well at 50 as a sorc (and right now with the bubble stun, a lightning/corruption healer hybrid actually is quite fun and balanced- though marauder whining will get that nerfed soon enough)- and it's not like madness is bad for just playing, you just are not going to do enough damage to get objectives like any other damage class can, and you're very easily shut out by any healer who's mildly talented (I play corruption/lightning- I haven't met a dps sorc of any spec in months who made me feel threatened).

But, you can still of course do well- just, if you can play a sorc well, you can play almost any other class even better.

Edited by fungihoujo

Sorcs scale very poorly with gear- so at level 50 you get left behind in the dust.

Sorcs get better faster in levels- while many classes don't get decent until later levels- so pre-50 pvp with mid/low levels a sorc is pretty good.

Also- low levels mean nothing. I've topped damage and healing meters on all 8 ACs before level 20- pre50 players are simply put, bad.

I've gotten as much as 50% more kills and damage than the second place person as a mara, sniper, PT and even commando pre50... and let me tell you, commandos blow.

Level 50 is a completely different game- you'll start to get used to sins being near immune to your CC while locking you down, and of course to juggs who can do the same and mara who can destroy you in seconds while root locking you with ease. And that's just 1v1- get into teams and everyone will focus you, and with two people on you you're not only dead- you're not going to move or get anything off before you die.

So, what I'm saying is- enjoy pre50 pvp for as long as you can.

-If you are good, you can do well at 50 as a sorc (and right now with the bubble stun, a lightning/corruption healer hybrid actually is quite fun and balanced- though marauder whining will get that nerfed soon enough)- and it's not like madness is bad for just playing, you just are not going to do enough damage to get objectives like any other damage class can, and you're very easily shut out by any healer who's mildly talented (I play corruption/lightning- I haven't met a dps sorc of any spec in months who made me feel threatened).

But, you can still of course do well- just, if you can play a sorc well, you can play almost any other class even better.

Alright, I guess I see when I get to 50.:rolleyes:

But until then, I will enjoy pwning noobs.

Edited by beefyandbeef

Madness sorcerers get their damage from a handful of abilities. Deathfield is not only our biggest hitter, it is our only big hitter. You can have Deathfield by what like level 21 or so? Our other abilities are Force Lightning, which you get at what level 2-3? You use Shock, Crushing Darkness, and Affliction all sometimes although none are really great abilities. I think you get all of those by the time you have dealthfield too. After that, you really do not get any better.

As a sniper I was wrecking people in pre-50 PvP too. And then later on you get tree top abilities that are all good in your 40's you get orbital strike and series of shots late in your 30's, you get a handful of defensive CD's later as well. Snipers continue to get better as they level up, and gain new and powerful abilities late in their development.

Marauders are the most overpowered class in the game, we all know that. I am leveling one of them up myself right now to get more familiar with them. Mine is Carnage, and I'm in my mid 20's. I don't have my instant AoE next yet, I don't have my instant 30 stacks of fury yet, I don't have force camo yet, I don't have my autocrit quite yet, I don't have my 100% armor penetration yet, or my huge group speed boost, definitely don't have my tree topper yet, or the two more roots I get. My mara is going to get 100-200% stronger in the second half of leveling.

By 25ish your sorc won't get much stronger, your rotation won't change much at all, you just add some flavor. Everyone will catch up. And that armor disparity increases as you level. There isn't much of a difference between 7 & 10, but between 70 & 100? 140 & 200?

• 2 weeks later...

well rage (and that spec in general) marauders are overpowered , but carnage and anni speced maras?. i mean they can be a pain for some classes ,but the vast majority of them sucks in pvp.

(there are a few very good players as carnage but boy are they rare)

Edited by Quantemoq

I play madness at 50 and well it just depends I try to kite as much as possible and line of sight if you stay up youll do good but the matches were you get targeted (because lets face it, if it could be a healer go ahead and kill) its rough but its fun.

I play madness at 50 and well it just depends I try to kite as much as possible and line of sight if you stay up youll do good but the matches were you get targeted (because lets face it, if it could be a healer go ahead and kill) its rough but its fun.

I agree, I am really enjoying my Madness Sorc even at 50. Finally just got full WH set and seem to do relatively good unless you run into a team full of Smashtards and Pyros.