Sage dps rotation & stuff

evasilievna

Hello,

Can someone recommend me a simple dps rotation for a telekinetics specialty Sage? And a proper way of alocating utility points? And no dulfy no search on google pls!

My guildies moan and whine about sage ALL the time, so if im going to start one i'd like to do it as it should be done, not like they do. Thanks in advance.

TK/Lightning you have to have pinpoint skills if you want to dps very well in ops, they have very high attack per minute requirements and a rotation which is somewhere in the middle of difficulty requirements among the classes but it is the high apm (over 50) which most players struggle to keep up while executing the rotation so that is why you see many sage players not do well, you miss apm/mess rotation and your dps plumets even more than say a watchman or concentration sent especially as in TK/Lightning you have to keep track that your Weaken Mind/Affliction dot remains on your target boss because you have to always keep it up, best after procing mental alacrity on yourself because that speeds up the dot's damage tick rate

in terms of gearing you want around 1250-1300 alacrity, 1800+ crit, and 109-110% accuracy in pve, or 100% (no extra accuracy) in PvP, in PvP you put that accuracy into power augments instead

if you have spare points after those numbers above you can use a versatile (mastery) augment or 2

Now, as for rotation:

for ideal dps and flexibility in ops, you should be using the legendary utility Swift Rejuvenation/galvanizing cleanse, basically the one that if you cast restoration, your next channeled ability is instant cast you precast restoration a few seconds on yourself before the boss pull, that way you can open up with your ideal opener just as on a dummy

0 pre cast restoration (a few seconds before boss pull)

now you go (Opener with buffs like Alacrity/Potency available)

1 Mind Crush (instant cast) thanks to galvanizing cleanse),

2 use Mental Alacrity/ Force Potency/ Raid buff and adrenals if needed or desired,

3 apply Weaken Mind/ Affliction dot now! (under mental alacrity window),

4 Turbulence

5 Telekinetic Gust

6 Telekinetic Wave

7 Project

8 Filler (2x Telekinetic Burst or force speed + 3x TK Burst)

after that Mind crush is off cooldown again and you repeat a variation of the rotation

9 Mind Crush

10 Turbulence

11 TK Gust

12 TK Wave

13 Project

14 Filler (Again TK Burst) until mind crush is off cooldown again and you repeat)

Basically, that is what you do I explain rotation as follows: you apply mind crush off of cooldown always (first priority), you make sure the target has weaken mind (second dot, which makes your turbulence always crit),

you run a sequence of your three most hard-hitting abilities (Turbulence->TK Gust->TK Wave), making sure you cast turbulence first as it will make your next tk wave instant

you do filler until Mind Crush is available again - that filler being Project->TK Burst->TK Burst usually

When Mental alacrity / Potency is available again basically use Mental Alacrity off cooldown but keep doing the normal rotation, and use Force Potency in front of your three most hard kitting abilities ((Turbulence->TK Gust->TK Wave)

Important things to note:

the Weaken Mind dot gets refreshed on target with every TK Wave, but should there be a long pause in combat you have to reapply it on the target again to get auto crits from Turbulence, also you can multi dot certain bosses (Jarg+Sorno) with it and TK Wave will refresh the dots on both of them) and as stated earlier it is best to reapply it when under Mental Alacrity

Alacrity adrenals rather than Attack (Power)adrenals are more useful for a TK Sage as using Mental Alacrity when under the effect of an alacrity stim the cooldown of Mental Alacrity is usually reduced by like 5-10seconds which is a lot considering that is a crucial ability to "keep your dps up"

That above is the single target (boss) rotation

Multi target is as follows:

Try to pre-cast Restoration just before the pack of enemies is engaged, 1 instant TK Wave (due to the proc form Swift Rejuvenation and Restoration) 2 Force Quake 3 TK wave (Gain instant because of instant proc from Force Quake) after that just Force Quake and use TK Wave again when you can cast it instantly again, simple

Utilities that are a must on TK are Metaphysical Alacrity (makes your next 2 TK Bursts instant after using force speed), Force Mobility, Swift Rejuvenation (for the restoration instant proc), that is for PvE, for PvP you probably want to use more defensive utilities

As you see with all those things to track and be aware of, it is definitely not the easiest of classes to get optimal dps out of, especially because right now how they balanced the specs the TK Sage is close to bottom in terms of dps output, it does have a slight edge if you play it really well over the other ranged burst specs like Arsenal or MM Sniper I would say

Edited by ottffsse

Hello,

Can someone recommend me a simple dps rotation for a telekinetics specialty Sage? And a proper way of alocating utility points? And no dulfy no search on google pls!

My guildies moan and whine about sage ALL the time, so if im going to start one i'd like to do it as it should be done, not like they do. Thanks in advance.

I'm curious. Dulfy and Google are swtor player's first choice of resources for a reason. What do your guildies whine about sage, and what make you want to trust some short sentence a random player can put here (no offence; that's some really good advice above) rather than existing full article guides?

Edited by ElleSheepy

I'm curious. Dulfy and Google are swtor player's first choice of resources for a reason. What do your guildies whine about sage, and what make you want to trust some short sentence a random player can put here (no offence; that's some really good advice above) rather than existing full article guides?

Nah why would you use the resources available to you to get the information you need. I'd say it's laziness but typing out the question here actually takes longer than finding the info on google or dulfy. The fact that this person knows that dulfy exists and has guides available and still feels the need to come here to ask for the exact same information is pretty crazy to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless I am misreading it (which is a good possibility) Duffy's last Lightning Build was posted December 26, 2016. I personally came to the forums to see if there was any updated info. Cannot speak for the OP but I worry when a build is a year and a half old. :)

Lightning has not changed really same as 1.5 years ago. So Dulfy is still very valid. Just get your alacrity to a bit over 1250 and rest into crit/mastery and follow rotations and priorities.

Madness has changed though as you want inverted crit/alacrity now in the highest tier of gear (1860 alac, less crit). This is a bit annoying as it makes changing specs in game a hassle unless you have like seriously 3 extra 248 gear pieces lined up as switching out augments and enhancements in those gold tiers is expensive if you do it a lot. Well at least if you want to optimize the dps output from each spec.

offsee is close. you want to use TK wave after turbulence in your opener, as it refreshes your dot... when you refresh the dot two gcds after it is previously refreshed/applied, it will stand a greater chance of ticking twice

use force speed on cooldown; the instant lightning bolts activate .1 second faster, so you'll end up getting an extra gcd or two by the end of the parse/fight.

when fully min-maxed you should average 9500 on a dummy, with high crit parses around 9800. expect more or less in raids depending on the amount of cleave

Edited by Hoppinswtor