View Single Post

Rolodome
06.15.2019 , 06:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
They have repeatedly stated in livestreams when they address the "extend the double XP/CXP events" question that the code does not work that way. They can't just extend it the way you guys suggest they should. Every single time this comes up, people act like they are being obtuse by not extending the event when they have repeatedly said that they straight up cannot do that because the code base for this game doesn't work that way.

Now what they could to is to plan these double XP/CXP events when there are NOT patches with code changes or system changes and the accompanying bugs. They could also run the events more often so that people don't feel like they missed out on them as often if a few days aren't 100% available. In my experience, they offer these events often enough that it really shouldn't matter so much... but that's just my opinion and I don't speak for anybody but me.

But I think we can all agree that the title of this thread is silly. Of course they don't break their game intentionally.

Are they hiring programmers or alchemists? I can't think of a single engineering-based reason they wouldn't be able to extend a double XP event. Like by creating a new one that is another week, for example. If they are hiring alchemists, I have some bear claws I would like to sell them. The sweet treats, not the components of a bear. They will need the energy for their long days of attempting to get results through experimentation.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.