The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Tumri

Sorcs have the most cc yes and some of it is better then yours . Buts its about all they have , even light/madness can not do the dmg of a dmg spec jug .

Iv played my sorc to BM in

Full madness

Full lightening

Lightening/madness

Full heals

Heals/madness

I have tryed

Power surge

Power crit

Crit surge

Iv dropped tuns of coin on mods to try and get the dps of a true dps class , this is not a top dps class its a supper. And no mater.what you do 2nd rate dps is what they have.

Saying oil but they gets 600k dmg in the wz don't make them a good dps class it makes them useless shield farmers. When a sorc gets that sort of dmg its not for kills that they did its spamming dots that do **** dmg kills no One and helps the team not.

I feel most of the QQers in this thread are bent out of shape ops, bad players , trolls , and some thatight be good players but yet to understand the class.

As for tue guys saying they have a 50 sorc and that its op , I just don't believe you . Ss or you dont have ine. I have played most of Tue classes to 50 now and the sorc is not op , there are easyer classes to play with more dmg. Better killing.

Most of you have said sorcs are op in groups ,not solo just very strong solo., lmao then the sorc is not op the group is. That comes down to group mix, that's a hole new bag. And the sorcs still not the one jlling you .

Guard + bubble +heals is op as hell.

Guard + heals op .

Join a good group and you will be to , solo and die like you should.

Might this just be the soloers trying to nerf teams .hmm might be.

Sorc is a cc dot class , in no way are they a dps class so QQers can toss that out and try another route. BW I'm noes the truth on this as they can see it in the game logs.

Bet they have bin looking hard at it to.

Take the cc away and your left with a toon that can not dps And no way to live past the first 5 hits

Except that my first character to 50 is a sorcerer? Sure we don't do a ton of burst damage but saying CC is all we have is absurd, we've got amazing AoE damage in hybrid, amazing sustained single target damage in madness, some of the best mobility in the game, and more survivability than dps specced powertechs (Referring to the thread someone had posted a while pack whitewalling the two.)

We do great in 1v1 situations, but even then the game isn't balanced around 1v1 situations, it's supposed to be balanced around group pvp, where sorcerers are clearly overpowered.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorcerers deserve to be nerfed because of broken game mechanic?

Honestly, the class is perfectly fine. In PvP you win some, you lose some. I'll take the healer/tank comp in WZ PvP any day of the week and twice on sunday over hybrid spec sages. I'd rather throw guard on a Sent in a WZ because of their ability to burst 2-3 people down (with guard up) before they and/or I go down ourselves.

Guards and Jugs dominate Huttball, hands down. Healer/Tank comps dominate CW and VS, hands down. I'm by no means saying sorc/sage suck.....cause they don't. But QQing about them this bad is ridiculously over the top; and I suspect, brought on by an e-death, causing angst.

1. YES. Game mechanics are the basis of everything. If Melee attacks causes enough pushback to completely cancel abilities would they not be overpowered? Could I just say "it's a broken game mechanic so it's fine"? No. That's one of the most idiotic arguments mentioned here. It's like saying that 50lbs is actually 40lbs because if gravity was slightly weaker it would weigh 40lbs.

2. No. I've posted evidence against this point multiple times. I didn't post this because I died to Sorcerers. I posted this because their utility is overpowered and I dislike grossly imbalanced specs(0/20/21). I've showed screenshots where I was topping 3-4 consecutive(see time and the PvP daily for proof) warzones where I was 30-50% above the next highest. The MASS MAJORITY of Sorcerers on my server are bad. There are a few semi-skilled ones that abuse this spec to be extremely strong in PvP. The great Sorcerers that use the spec just cannot be stopped by anyone.

Edited by Tumri

1. YES. Game mechanics are the basis of everything. If Melee attacks causes enough pushback to completely cancel abilities would they not be overpowered? Could I just say "it's a broken game mechanic so it's fine"? No. That's one of the most idiotic arguments mentioned here.

2. No. I've posted evidence against this point multiple times. I didn't post this because I died to Sorcerers. I posted this because their utility is overpowered and I dislike grossly imbalanced specs(0/20/21). I've showed screenshots where I was topping 3-4 consecutive(see time and the PvP daily for proof) warzones where I was 30-50% above the next highest. The MASS MAJORITY of Sorcerers on my server are bad. There are a few semi-skilled ones that abuse this spec to be extremely strong in PvP. The great Sorcerers that use the spec just cannot be stopped by anyone.

And I have logically countered your points, even with your ever changing magical targets.

I hope I don't eat my words earlier complaining about sorc having too much utility but after leveling a sorc I enjoy the class so much I'm hoping they are not nerfed after all.

Sorc do have a ton of utility and madness healing spec is awesome. I love how force lightning in that spec restores my force reserves and has no cooldown. The class is really balanced when you consider how every class is being called out for a nerf in one way or another.

People raged about tracer missle for example. Nerf raging over shockfrozen water though is legit and that should be nerfed since the benefits is mostly experienced by stealth classes.

We should all learn a lesson from scoundrels as well since post nerf they are pretty much pathetic. Don't make every class as useless as operative is now.

I does not matter, you have one of the highest bursts in the game...

Second, whirlwind best? It is ONLY good for getting away and maybe capping something.. You cant use it in battle because it breaks on anything.

Whirlwind is the best single target mezz in the game, you don't use mezzes on people you're planning on attacking.

or have been attacking, or may be attacked by someone else.. It is an ability that is HIGHLY situational.

Lets use the Marauder as an example shall we? Our only real CC outside of Fail Choke is our AoE mezz. I know that it can be used to great effect situationally. Because you play a sorcerer it seems you're just far too spoiled when it comes to CC to see how useful such an ability is. I would trade my AoE mezz for a whirlwind any day.

1. YES. Game mechanics are the basis of everything. If Melee attacks causes enough pushback to completely cancel abilities would they not be overpowered? Could I just say "it's a broken game mechanic so it's fine"? No. That's one of the most idiotic arguments mentioned here. It's like saying that 50lbs is actually 40lbs because if gravity was slightly weaker it would weigh 40lbs.

I'm sorry, but the most idiotic of all arguments is arguing for a balanced class to be nerfed because a basic game mechanic (resolve) is broken.....rather than arguing for said broken mechanic (resolve) be fixed. That is the opitomy of idiotic arguments.

Lastly, anyone who says...

The great Sorcerers that use the spec just cannot be stopped by anyone.

.....is clearly full of crap. Sorry to sound so rude, but it's true. There's really no use arguing with some who says something like that.

So in that post, you were clearly referring to your sent, even though you did not mention your sent? I am sorry I forgot to turn on my mind reading ability, there it is now turned on.

I referenced my sentinel in the post before, the one that you quoted and I replied to.

Doesn't take mind reading, you just need to drop that selective memory that kicks in whenever someone calls you on the fact you don't know anything about a class's mechanics.

Not to mention, If I wasn't talking about my sentinel, only 1/6 of the jedi knight specs get access to the talent that makes stasis instant, so you can reasonably assume that's not what I was talking about.

Lets use the Marauder as an example shall we? Our only real CC outside of Fail Choke is our AoE mezz. I know that it can be used to great effect situationally. Because you play a sorcerer it seems you're just far too spoiled when it comes to CC to see how useful such an ability is. I would trade my AoE mezz for a whirlwind any day.

insta-whirlwind...dont leave that part out, insta.

I'm sorry, but the most idiotic of all arguments is arguing for a balanced class to be nerfed because a basic game mechanic (resolve) is broken.....rather than arguing for said broken mechanic (resolve) be fixed. That is the opitomy of idiotic arguments.

No. The resolve we have is the resolve we have. It's how the game works. Class Balance is considered with current mechanics. Saying that a totally new resolve system would cause Sorcerers to be balanced is stupid. If everyone moved 2x faster then melee would be at a huge advantage vs ranged. If CC was half as effective as it is now then heavy CC classes would be a lot weaker. You don't argue something is balanced based on theoretical game mechanics. You argue based on current game mechanics.

or have been attacking, or may be attacked by someone else.. It is an ability that is HIGHLY situational.

For one, that's just BS, if you can't get a mezz off that's your problem, not your class's.

Two, If that were the case you would be arguing all mezzes are highly situational, not just whirlwind. He was comparing whirlwind to other mezzes, saying whirlwind was the best... Which it is. (It still has a 2 sec stun if broken, which still makes it better than other mezzes if broken)

Edited by Aidank

No. The resolve we have is the resolve we have. It's how the game works. Class Balance is considered with current mechanics. Saying that a totally new resolve system would cause Sorcerers to be balanced is stupid. If everyone moved 2x faster then melee would be at a huge advantage vs ranged. If CC was half as effective as it is now then heavy CC classes would be a lot weaker. You don't argue something is balanced based on theoretical game mechanics. You argue based on current game mechanics.

So you're arguing that people stunning through a full resolve bar never be fixed and balance the game according to your vision? Come on man.......

All classes, not just sorc/sage, bypass resolve with CC on a regular basis. People rage about it regularly. The mechanic is not working as intended.....for anyone.

Additionally, Sages/Sorcerers die all the time. This mythical world you've invented where they never die, and dominate everyone with one button and a bunch of passive CC abilities simply doesn't exist.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what you (or I for that matter) says on these forums. BW is gonna take the data mined from metrics over a bunch of biased QQ on the forums.

Edited by Telaan

Dude no vague responses needed, your list proves our point.

NO OTHER CLASS OUT THERE has all those abilities.

A sorc can DPS, Range, Shield, and CC as well as a Sentinel, Scoundrel, and Vanguard combined. How can 1 class beat three?

Bioware has created a monster because if they nerf it, the majority of the players will rage quit. All the vain, imature younglings will rage quit... I beleive a better way to deal with it would be to bring other classes up to be on par.

Hey just a thought!

For one, that's just BS, if you can't get a mezz off that's your problem, not your class's.

Two, If that were the case you would be arguing all mezzes are highly situational, not just whirlwind. He was comparing whirlwind to other mezzes, saying whirlwind was the best... Which it is. (It still has a 2 sec stun if broken, which still makes it better than other mezzes if broken)

WW is a grate spell when used right , if in a wz its sort of more for a short stop or burn them ii n the fire as its broke 99% of the time.

In wz I don't use it much .but its instant cast so allways good to have it ready. In open world Illum Voss and the like where are group uses called targets and you do not brake cc , then it can be used right a lol por sob just had to watch his buddys die and nothing he could do.

Since resolve is broke you hit the healer with a stun , he's going to brake it and only has one brake , then WW him and there he sets for the fight.

So ya the sorcs doing what they are ment to do be a cc doting class that can heal. That what I do , I'm support, I cc and heal , back up extra dmg .

This is a team game stop qqing that you can't beat a sorc in a team when your pugging it up. L2team, if you won't to solo get use to teams being more op and rofl stomping your pug.

Bioware has created a monster because if they nerf it, the majority of the players will rage quit. All the vain, imature younglings will rage quit... I beleive a better way to deal with it would be to bring other classes up to be on par.

Hey just a thought!

They're not way too overpowered though. It's just those two specific talents give them two overpowered CCs. Most Sorcerers don't even use that spec. Most wouldn't even notice. The ones that do use the spec know that it's extremely overpowered. I've talked to two Sorcerers that use the spec in game and they were laughing and saying they were going to enjoy it while it lasted.

Dude no vague responses needed, your list proves our point.

NO OTHER CLASS OUT THERE has all those abilities.

A sorc can DPS, Range, Shield, and CC as well as a Sentinel, Scoundrel, and Vanguard combined. How can 1 class beat three?

Hey just a thought!

Lmao sorcs can not dps , or burst as good as any class you listed. You need to Olay one if you think they can.

If you truly do think that you might won't to just uninstal the game as your just to clueless to ever be helped. Truly just uninstal you will thank me later.

Sorcs are cc kings that what they are good at. The dmg a sorc has is aeo and dots . The big numbers at the end of a wz means nothing and only a scrub would think they had anything to do with kills or a win for that mater. top it off with sorcs and assassins have the same icon for urban legends of 600k dps sorcs with 600k healing .

Another point that I'd like to mention is just how GOOD the Sorcerer CCs are. Not only do they have the MOST CC but they also have the best of each type.

Marauder get a 1.5m CD 6s duration AoE mezz that is our big "killer CC". It's biggest flaw is that you rare get the full duration since it breaks on damage. A Sorcerer talented for Backlash can click off his bubble for a 20 second CD AoE mezz with a 3 second duration.

This is likely not intended and I implore you to create a ticket. I will next time I'm in game.

You have the best knockback in the game as well with the shortest CD and a talented immobilize attached. The duration of the immobilize is also incredibly long.

Jet Boost's cooldown can be specced to 20 seconds and knocks people further away. The 60% snare for 4 seconds doesn't break on damage like ours, and that same spec point reduces their CC breaker to 1m30s.

Your whirlwind is by far the best 60s(8 in PvP) CC in the game in PvP and even in PvE. It's even got a 2 second stun attached if talented. It also doesn't have anything like a stealth requirement attached.

For reference, the two second stun at the end is a horrible side effect from having it as an instant cast. You can only cast it way out of battle unless you want the target to have a full resolve bar for a two second stun. Don't get me wrong, I like it instant but I'd consider it a buff if they got rid of the stun.