Crew skill critical vs efficence

Fairwild

One of my companions has +5 critical to treasure hunting. I believe that this means this companion has a higher chance of getting a "crit" on the mission. A crit changes what you get depending on the crew skill, but i assume that a crit in something like underworld trading would be a schematic, instead of just the regular mats.

Efficiency as you probably noticed just means that it takes less time for your companion to complete the mission/crafting.

If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct this.

A crit in gathering gives you rare materials that you need for some of the Purple items you craft after reverse engineering something, i.e. you make medpacs, reverse engineer until you get prototype version, then reverse engineer those until you get the purple version which require the rare materials that you get when you "crit" in a gathering mission.

I assume in crafting it's when you make a better version on the item you are crafting randomly instead of just the standard item.

I assume in crafting it's when you make a better version on the item you are crafting randomly instead of just the standard item.

That seems to be the case. The first item I crafted was a Parts mod for my droid, and the first one crafted was an Exceptional item, while the second was a normal version of the item.

The Exceptional version has the same stats as the normal one, but includes a single mod slot.