Why so much hate for this game?

KrizDaWiz

I came to the forums expecting to see a happy community....lol.

Too many world of warcaft comparisons, I personally never played the game, but at the same time im not in to treasure trolls and warlocks and what not unless its an elder scrolls game or something.

I think this is a great game. I have been having fun, and the story is top of the line for a massively multiplayer game.

It's like people dont appreciate **** anymore, so they made it free and people still can't appreciate it.

Like, so much hating to the point where it seems like most of the people on this site simply play games all day and nit pick at what they DONT like about it.

If you dont like it disappear; nobody will care or remember you. Its not Bioware's fault that you paid for the game and continue to play it with a recurring fee. I think is *********** retarded that you continue to pay for a game you loath so much.

I do not know why lots of player left this game. But Iam old fan for AOC and AOC was alone for me so far. So thank you Bioware this game. Now i got my second mmo what iam able to enjoy. And I would like to ask you never give up your way. You are the best firm in rpg I believe it really. I bought a mmo and get a solo game too in the price! I think it is the best mmo for the solo player who want to try ou first mmo or want to do first steps in a mmo. AOc has a good solo part too and it give back the feeling from a dark world. but SWTROR is perfect too and i see Bioware put his heart in this game fully again after DAO. So I want to ask pls never follow the way that for example Bethesda do!!! You are the best!!!!!

in my opinion guess difficult is not enough but guess they want full game be discoverable for solo players too so i dont think it would be possible to do better. So i can tell really HUGE THANKS AGAIN BIOWARE!!! A old fan of Bioware.

Edited by dudot

Hmm comparisons to WoW?

WoW is the most successful MMO in the business right now, whether you love it or hate it. You have to acknowledge it is the elite and thats why so many people compares MMOs to WoW.

when looking for MMOs, i dont compare anything to that piece of crap called wow. Yea wow may be on top at the moment but its not at the top of my list, well it may be on one list the ***** list more like it LOL but if i like a game, im gonna get it and im gonna play it and devote my time to it as much as i can till shutdown.

I think that the hate comes from the fact that SWTOR is an easy target. Personally, I love the game but the honest truth is that it didn't live up to its own hype. Or, to put it more aptly, it didn't live up to the hype a lot of the players had before the launch. SWTOR is a very cool game but it's far from perfect and never had the chance to become the "WoW-killer" some thought it was going to be. And people who are disillusioned love to hate, and the Internet is the place where this can be done with ease.

I think that the hate comes from the fact that SWTOR is an easy target. Personally, I love the game but the honest truth is that it didn't live up to its own hype. Or, to put it more aptly, it didn't live up to the hype a lot of the players had before the launch. SWTOR is a very cool game but it's far from perfect and never had the chance to become the "WoW-killer" some thought it was going to be. And people who are disillusioned love to hate, and the Internet is the place where this can be done with ease.

At launch it was pretty much exactly as advertised by EA and BioWare. It was player expectations that built up all that hype and when it didn't do exactly as they wanted, they raged, ranted and left.

Also: there are so many disgruntled SWG Veterans out there bad-mouthing TOR its almost ridiculous. Occasionally it seems like they don't have anything better to do with their time.

Hello OP here's my 2 credits. I have played WOW... wow.. as an MMO is blindly easy to lvl up in, you can churn out lvl 80's in 1 to 3 days...(played!!), Then they added the "wait in line for Uber gear system" which made it even easier to Equip a new toon. Now the lvl cap 85 or 90 whatever. Wow is hack and slash pure and simple. OH and now you have the ever beloved 'Kung Fu Panda' Class.

So in my opinion WoW is for those that like to be bottled Fed. Foolishly fast lvling, easy peasy gear acquisition. and cartoon character rips for classes = the MMO for the masses..

Now.

when a person is ready to step UP from that... THIS is where our game comes to the fore.

Deep and involved story lines that just happen to be Fully voice acted. Hair raising battles that are EVERY bit as acrobatic and as fast paced as any of the movies. Your combat will never be hack and slash.. because doing that in This game ends in fast and humiliating death. And there is just more and more on the plus side that making comparisons to wow becomes a moot point. Hey.. I can compare a 63 Volkswagen Beetle to hmmm lets say...a

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 but what the heck is the point?? With one you look at and say.. 'oh.. nice classic car'. The other you get in and juuust before you ease your foot all the way to the floor, look out the drivers side window at all the WoW'ers that WISHED they had what it takes and whisper...'Zoom! Zoom!'.

So when the haters get to hating and you're getting close to raging, Just smile and ask, "You play WoW... doncha!" and there will be no more debating...

It's too bad that only the people who complain make it to these forums. Satisfied players play their characters on the servers, hang with people in their guilds and have fun. It's kind of bad that you don't see all the good moments people share in this game....

True that. This game is the greatest. I've had great times, and it's not over.

First i have to admit iam a big fan of the game and i have never enjoyed a game this much, i hope some of the subs will return after the summer. I know a few people that canceld their sub beacuse they did not have the time to play at summer

there are just to much other stuff to do, and the blind hate for this game is just ridiculous i mean some people hate everything the devs throws in the game. If they hate it so much its apparently not a game for them

I think all the **** behaviour coming from people about SWTOR being rubbish is psychological. Some people think Star Wars is stupid so that makes them immediately hate the game. Or, more often than the former, the brain is just a weird thing. For some odd reason it makes us focus on the negatives and forget completely about the good aspects to the game.

I came to the forums expecting to see a happy community....lol.

Too many world of warcaft comparisons, I personally never played the game, but at the same time im not in to treasure trolls and warlocks and what not unless its an elder scrolls game or something.

I think this is a great game. I have been having fun, and the story is top of the line for a massively multiplayer game.

It's like people dont appreciate **** anymore, so they made it free and people still can't appreciate it.

Like, so much hating to the point where it seems like most of the people on this site simply play games all day and nit pick at what they DONT like about it.

If you dont like it disappear; nobody will care or remember you. Its not Bioware's fault that you paid for the game and continue to play it with a recurring fee. I think is *********** retarded that you continue to pay for a game you loath so much.

Lots of people paid for 6 months upfront or hope to see it get better. I have unsubbed.

You mentioned not playing WOW. If you had you would understand the complaints. This game is WOW but further dumbed down and reskinned. That's precisely the problem. Most of us have played WOW. We wanted something new, not WOW reskinned.