Question from a newby sorc(healer) about athiss.

rempsv

Hi i am sorc healer lvl23.

So far i am doing ok i think.Learning to be a good healer that is.

But yesterday when we were at athiss(final boss)something was killing me and another sorc so fast i couldnt save us both.So i had to choose myself ofc but i cant stand losing some1.

And the worst part is i still have no clue what was killing us that fast.

We both stood at complete opposites, within healing range, the tank had aggro.And there were no adds around.So its a complete mystery for me.

We cleared the dungeon but still i would really love to know what happened, and more importantly what i should have done different.

So if any1 could shed some light(darkness) on this i would really appreciate it.

The final boss summons fire clouds which will kill you really fast and they need to be kited. Could this be what killed you?

Also he has one nasty attack (don't remember the name) that saps a lot of hit points and needs to be interrupted.

Edited by AeonFluxx

Thx for taking the time to answer.

I think you are prob right with the flames, i might have missed those.

About the interrupts i never ever target any mobs when i am into a fp.Unless they are attacking me and i need to bring them to the tank ofc.Am i supposed to do that aswell or is that something more for the tank and dps?I never do any damage.

My primary reason is force management, during long fights i tend to run out.

Which brings me to another point i was wondering about, when i c some1 get hurt i always(if possible)start with giving them my shield just to buy some time before healing them.

Is that good or do i need to moderate that just to save some force?

Thx for taking the time to answer.

I think you are prob right with the flames, i might have missed those.

About the interrupts i never ever target any mobs when i am into a fp.Unless they are attacking me and i need to bring them to the tank ofc.Am i supposed to do that aswell or is that something more for the tank and dps?I never do any damage.

My primary reason is force management, during long fights i tend to run out.

Which brings me to another point i was wondering about, when i c some1 get hurt i always(if possible)start with giving them my shield just to buy some time before healing them.

Is that good or do i need to moderate that just to save some force?

This is probably best answered by a more experienced healer - in general I try to follow instructions and in lower levels or a group where everybody just runs to the kills I find that throwing an interrupt and some damage here and there, as long as I don't pull aggro, can really make a difference.

I would post your question in the Flashpoint sticky at the top it is full of very helpful information.

Its prolly a purple cloud thingy he does since im pretty sure the fire would be quite noticeable since the boss disappears for a short time while this is going on.

Ive noticed the tank doesn't take much damage on this fight so you can bubble the dps or target the boss and interrupt it if the others arent. You CAN heal through this if you have force bending and thats what I did. I thought the fire was more of a hassle than the other ability.