Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Will the transfer be instantaneous or will we be submitting requests on Tuesday and then waiting in a queue for it to happen at some time up to an including on 2.2s release?

This lack of communication from a major title's community manager is jaw dropping.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

I know you have been waiting a bit for an update and I wanted to pop in and do exactly that. Starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will all be allowed a free one time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server. In the last update I gave I told all of you that we were expanding where your one-time transfer could go to include all NA-West servers. After seeing quite a few requests to expand it further, we are going to allow you a one-time transfer to any SWTOR server. To reiterate, starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will be allowed a one-time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server to any other non-APAC server.

Thanks!

-eric

Hi eric,

When will Bio be making all APAC players aware of this and not just the People who check this particular forum POST

I have not seen anything "official" posted by Bio regarding this. No emails to people, no annoucement on the webpage, not even a game login message to let people know this is happening. <surely that would not take up too much time to do>

Also you need to check your FAQ section on server transfers because it is out of date. You have differrent FAQ's that contradict each other. ie the Guild transfer ones.

It should not have to be up to us as "customers" <yes some of us do subscribe>, to search through all the threads to disapher the information from fact or rumour.

Please lay out ALL the facts "officially" to the whole APAC server communities on what and how these transfers will happen.

There have been lots of requests for this in many other posts.... seeing as it is happening in 1 - 2 days... don't you think now is the time to finally do something... no point telling us about it after it has happened

The rumour mill of misinformation is already losing you players... how do you think it will be when they find out on Tuesday you are doing this and have no info or facts to give them.... there is so much conjecture and guessing, it is hard to know what the truth is as some of the guessing is probably true or close to it... while the rest is no where near the truth...

PLEASE MAKE THIS A PRIORITY ON YOUR TO-DO LIST TODAY !!!!

I wanted to ask what might happen if we transfer our characters, then want them back where they came from, do we need to wait for another free transfer or has a price been decided?

-Atom

They giving u this transfer so they can get every1 off it and shut it down and remove it for good. So there be no where to go back too and if u dont choose they do a force tranfer to ur player sttyle west coast realm

So ita a 1 time thing for each apac character but paiid tranfers will soon follow i hope since they can do it

Hi eric,

Please lay out ALL the facts "officially" to the whole APAC server communities on what and how these transfers will happen.

PLEASE MAKE THIS A PRIORITY ON YOUR TO-DO LIST TODAY !!!!

Gonna be real hard to do.

It's Sunday in the US.. no body is home in the BW offices...

Okay so the merge and transfers are happening we all accept that now. I also accept but am not happy about the fact I will have to change some of my character names. However as I have been unable to find any information on the matter, I am most concerned about what will happen with my legacy name and character slots. I have more then 12 characters will I be able to transfer them all no problem?

Okay so the merge and transfers are happening we all accept that now. I also accept but am not happy about the fact I will have to change some of my character names. However as I have been unable to find any information on the matter, I am most concerned about what will happen with my legacy name and character slots. I have more then 12 characters will I be able to transfer them all no problem?

1. legacy name, was able to use what name you want on new server, given auto rename on transfer(last go round in fall last year), also, your names are no longer unique, so can take any name you want.

2. character slots are limited to 12, unless you buy more-then up to 22 active toons.

All guess work based on old style transfers, and status of current stuff... in the dark we are. :csw_yoda:

1. legacy name, was able to use what name you want on new server, given auto rename on transfer(last go round in fall last year), also, your names are no longer unique, so can take any name you want.

2. character slots are limited to 12, unless you buy more-then up to 22 active toons.

All guess work based on old style transfers, and status of current stuff... in the dark we are. :csw_yoda:

Okay so Legacy name is safe I think you are saying, as for names I went over to another server and tried my names and the majority of them it said were unavailable until I altered them.

Are you saying that having already purchased the additional character slots on the APAC server, I will have to purchase them AGAIN in order to move all my characters? What happens to the additional characters that go over 12? Do I need to start panicking now? :eek:

I really hope we are given some info soon....

Are you saying that having already purchased the additional character slots on the APAC server, I will have to purchase them AGAIN in order to move all my characters? What happens to the additional characters that go over 12? Do I need to start panicking now? :eek:

I really hope we are given some info soon....

Character slots purchased on APAC will probably transfer over, no need to repurchase if they were account wide for sure, but if not account wide.. hmmmmm.. dunno... dark in the I am :csw_yoda:

During last server transfers they made it so that ALL characters were moved. NO character was deleted. So, on my new realm, I ended up with 16/12 characters which were all playable.

The catch? I wasn't able to create new characters unless I deleted characters. Once I was down to 11/12 I was again able to create a new character.

My best guess is that they'll be handling your transfers in a similar fashion.

Hi Eric,

I just wanted to post to let you know how disappointed I am in your last post, specifically in how vague it was and how many questions it left unanswered.

As you previously advised, you notified us of what was going on during the week you said you would, however it was done right at the end of the week (Saturday for most of us in Australasia) and at the end of your working week, so there has been no further clarification available from yourself or anyone else in the community team. Although I realise the timing of the announcement may not have been up to you, for you to announce something of so much importance to a proportion of your players and not have any plans in place to follow up with our questions or concerns in a timely manner makes us feel that our concerns are of little importance to yourself or Bioware.

The other issue is that your post provided so little information that most people are unable to plan exactly what they plan to do and when.

• Many of us are in guilds, or run guilds, and we cannot make decisions because no information was supplied about how the move will affect guilds.
  • Many of us are concerned about what will happen to our character names and no information has been supplied about how the move will affect that.
  • Many of us are concerned about when and in how much detail more information will be supplied to us. Because of the time difference we usually dont see updates in the Developer Tracker on Sundays and Mondays (AEST), so the first time we are likely to see a response will be Tuesday morning our time.

I am sure you are aware from a 550 page thread, just how much your APAC players are concerned about the effects to them from this move. Please show our concerns some respect by providing us with a detailed outline of the process asap.

Thanks.

Hi Eric,

I just wanted to post to let you know how disappointed I am in your last post, specifically in how vague it was and how many questions it left unanswered.

As you previously advised, you notified us of what was going on during the week you said you would, however it was done right at the end of the week (Saturday for most of us in Australasia) and at the end of your working week, so there has been no further clarification available from yourself or anyone else in the community team. Although I realise the timing of the announcement may not have been up to you, for you to announce something of so much importance to a proportion of your players and not have any plans in place to follow up with our questions or concerns in a timely manner makes us feel that our concerns are of little importance to yourself or Bioware.

The other issue is that your post provided so little information that most people are unable to plan exactly what they plan to do and when.

• Many of us are in guilds, or run guilds, and we cannot make decisions because no information was supplied about how the move will affect guilds.
  • Many of us are concerned about what will happen to our character names and no information has been supplied about how the move will affect that.
  • Many of us are concerned about when and in how much detail more information will be supplied to us. Because of the time difference we usually dont see updates in the Developer Tracker on Sundays and Mondays (AEST), so the first time we are likely to see a response will be Tuesday morning our time.

I am sure you are aware from a 550 page thread, just how much your APAC players are concerned about the effects to them from this move. Please show our concerns some respect by providing us with a detailed outline of the process asap.

Thanks.

This ^^^^^^^

I have also posted about 5 pages back asking for a notification to ALL game players on the APAC servers... atleast put it on the Logon screen with a link to a proper Bio announcement and an updated FAQ section answering the questions above and in previous posts... so that we don't have to keep guessing

I can't help but think that in Bioware's perfect world they would just like to make the transfer silently and not have to deal with it anymore. Probably would just like us all to wake up one morning and suddenly our worlds are a lot more crowded. Here it is a day and a half out from the reported time of severe change and we have heard nothing.

BW and EA "We will just close our eyes and pretend there are not all these voices crying out in the darkness for answers. Soon it will be over and we won't have to deal with that troublesome APAC community."

This is fantastic.

My guild is moving back to Harbinger, as probably most Aussies will be doing and every single one of my Imp characters(have Republic characters but not overly caring about them) is apparently taken.

What I'd like to know is:

1) Is there any way to find out if these names are actually taken or are left over from when I originally used them on there?

2) Is there any way to check on activity of these names and if none for x amount of time, can we have those names?

3) Does Bioware have any real concern that people that have had the same character names since launch are now going to lose them entirely?

As a Guildmaster of a Guild who are against the merge, I have some concerns. Each of them has been expressed below and I would greatly appreciate an answer to at least one of them, which hasn't been remotely the case yet. Nothing has been said, on top of concerns about personal accounts.

- We have three bank vaults. Will these be retained for us, as well as their contents?

- As the Guildmaster, if I accept the merge before it becomes compulsory, what becomes of my guild?

- Our ranks are each awarded to people to ensure they're congratulated and acknowledged for any achievements they might have. What becomes of their ranks?

- We have some very old founding members and friends who've not played in over 200 days. However, they believe they'll return to the game some day and wanted to retain their place in the guild so we could always find them. For sentimental reasons we also want them there. What becomes of the old players in our guilds?

- Our Guild Members are our HIGHEST priority at all times. I don't really care about Banks or Ranks or any group achievements; I care about us being together. What happens to the members of my guild who move across at different times? Will there be a way of finding them?

- Chances are I won't be going across early to the other servers. If I am forcefully moved with my Council and other members, do we stay as a collective? Do we lose any rights by not accepting the free transfer?

I know it's useless now, but on behalf of all 746 members of both my Republic and Imperial guilds I want to say that we're pretty disappointed with this merge. We were contended with our server, and we're all going to miss those members who don't make it with us and the homeliness we've come to know. There's always going to be one person who makes it to another server we're on, and in our guild that one person always matters. To us, what we seem to hear making you happy is the size of your cheques; while you are a functioning (well...) business, we all believe that as a gaming company your first priority should be helping out the people who are loyal enough to play the game.

I'll miss Dalborra, and I hope to see as many members of the League of Shadows and The League of Light on The Harbinger, where we will be merging.

There is an FAQ about transfering servers and what happens to guilds and guild vaults. I suggest you read it. It sucks but since that is the policy in place and what happened when they merged the other servers I honestly do not see it changing for us. I know in my guilds case I levelled up a character to 10 and got some guildies to make toons and created my guild on Harbinger in preperation of the move.

There is an FAQ about transfering servers and what happens to guilds and guild vaults. I suggest you read it. It sucks but since that is the policy in place and what happened when they merged the other servers I honestly do not see it changing for us. I know in my guilds case I levelled up a character to 10 and got some guildies to make toons and created my guild on Harbinger in preperation of the move.

Do you know where one would find that info? The forums are as un-user friendly as the tech support sometimes.

We're doing the same, thanks for the advice. Which guild is yours?

One would think if they forced a merge on us they might have put the effort into creating the technology to keep guilds intact...and yet I'm not surprised in the slightest that they didn't. :rolleyes:

The only FAQ on-line is for the 6-12-2012 Merge. The Fall 2012 merge did lots of things quite differently.

Any Guild types know if there were changes to the Guild transfers in the Fall merge?

I know names and legacies were handled quite differently.

1) Is there any way to find out if these names are actually taken or are left over from when I originally used them on there?

2) Is there any way to check on activity of these names and if none for x amount of time, can we have those names?

3) Does Bioware have any real concern that people that have had the same character names since launch are now going to lose them entirely?

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

Answers based on BW replies to the same complaints for the June 2012 merge and Fall 2012 merge. Though in the Fall merge some weight was given to some factors, such as toon activity/account activity/ and various other esoteric unexplained factors in allowing name retention.

Do you know where one would find that info? The forums are as un-user friendly as the tech support sometimes.

I drilled down into "My Account" to the "Transfer" button, got to page that said "not at This time" or some such, on that page was a button to go to the FAQ.

Does anyone know the official word on paid transfers, outside of this free transfer?

I am gonna need to change servers next year, so I need to know which server to go to now, depending on whether I can move later.

On 6-11 they hope to have 2.2 up, and it is "planned" to have paid transfers then. Look in Dev posts for the info. Dates and content subject to change of course.