Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Seriously Bioware. Lock the FULL servers already from new people until the other servers fill up.

Not all of us can plan when you should get in queue in order to be efficient with your playtime. Some of us are oldies with family and such and wanna PLAY when we get the time.

I can't see in the future of when the little ones will fall asleep.

Please don't mess this up. The game is too great for it. And servers with queues is so 2005.

Locking servers and not allowing people to play with their friends would just lead to more intense whining. This ain't gonna solve unless there are character transfers. I made char on Legions of Lettuce, but i don't intend to wait two hours in queue, so Im just gonna create my republic alts on low pop server.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to update:

I have just had to give up on playing now, as the '35 minute' wait has been an hour and three quarters and still only half way down the queue.

Thanks for that. Don't expect people to pay subscriptions for this kind of access.

Anything beyond 15 minutes is simply unacceptable, doubly more so now that the game is live. Some of us don't have the time to spare sitting around waiting to play the game, and it has only gotten worse these past few days. I want to jump in and play the game, not spend 30 minutes to an hour looking at a damn queue progress bar!

BioWare, please lock the full servers, and prevent new accounts from creating characters there; this is the only way to ensure people spread out and use the other provided servers, and stop packing into one location like sheep. It's getting ridiculous now, and unless something is done, you will likely start to lose people once the 30 days is up.

FFS!

480 ppl waiting in queue on Sceptre Of Ragnos server at 11:00am????

This is ridiculous.

How the hell do you BWs think, people will plan their day and gameplay time with a silliness like that?! New servers - fine, what with old servers? Must be expanded or something because it can't work that way. There is no "playing an hour or two in the morning" - just waiting in the bloody queue until you finally have to go and deal with RL stuff instead.

<facepam>

Edited by tarsustroy

If the REAL wait times were actually posted (i.e. as most posters have said, at least 3x what it actually states) it *might* just put people off sitting and waiting and start creating new toons on other servers. I agree though, I really wish Bioware would lock the full servers. Having started queueing this morning for Red Eclipse (where my mains are and have been since EGA day 1) at 9:56 and still not having got into the game, I too am frustrated.

I wait a 400 people queue an when i am near enter the server i have disconnected

I think this is epic fail i cant wait for dont enter to the server i lost all the morning for play and don´t understood why in beta test dont have a look for this.

I wanna play and can´t and worst i pay for play and cant.

Locking servers and not allowing people to play with their friends would just lead to more intense whining. This ain't gonna solve unless there are character transfers. I made char on Legions of Lettuce, but i don't intend to wait two hours in queue, so Im just gonna create my republic alts on low pop server.

We need a mix of both lock all full server up the pop caps so they aren't full anymore (but keep them locked) add in friend invites to servers (so your friends can join you on a locked server) and have free server transfers for anyone that wants them (to non locked servers or ones you have invites to).

I think everyone will be happy with this i cant see any reason why you wouldn't be. I get that its not the easiest thing to implement but I'm sure that it could be done pretty quickly if they wanted to.

We need a mix of both lock all full server up the pop caps so they aren't full anymore (but keep them locked) add in friend invites to servers (so your friends can join you on a locked server) and have free server transfers for anyone that wants them (to non locked servers or ones you have invites to).

I think everyone will be happy with this i cant see any reason why you wouldn't be. I get that its not the easiest thing to implement but I'm sure that it could be done pretty quickly if they wanted to.

Would love to see all that happen - think it would be the best outcome for all right now.

Hey ho though: the problem with big companies like EA and Bioware is they think they know best. They won't take tried-and-tested methods from other games. I'm not suggesting this will kill SWTOR (naive to think that) but the damage control must be horrible. Can only imagine what customer services are going through right now.

I understand they have lots to do. I understand there is a lot of pressure. But DO NOT come with a post saying they want to ensure that players have fun when we are stuck in hours of queue wich just makes us give up and do something else, or just end up not having time to play when we finally get in. I'm not paying to sit in a queue. Open up for free character transfers to the basically empty servers cause I am not gonna bother waiting 3 hours to get in to play.