I quite like the changes for Vigilance.

Equeliber

Parsed a bit, without freezing force. Used force push once because of the opener with saber throw, later just used saber throw where I had a gap in the rotation. Could probably throw in a slash instead at times, need to look at the resources (slash does bit more damage). Worked out smoothly, feels good to not have Freezing Force!

From the first try (without tryharding and even without adrenals) actually got a better parse than the previous best I had on my guardian. May be I wasn't using Freezing Force that well before (most likely). But I always felt that it was out of place. Now without it it is much better.

Focus though... As suspected, Freezing Force was a bit too big of a deal for the spec. Unless I am suddenly playing it very wrong, it ended up being a nerf for it. Lost couple hundred DPS. Basically used Riposte/Blade Storm/Slash instead of Freezing Force depending on what's available. But because the compensated buff was a crit chance buff, it is now even more RNG based than before... Someone might get 10k with it again, not me though.

Edited by Equeliber

Good to hear the nerf isnt horrible for vigi. I planned on playing around with it for myself tonight. Just sad if focus fell too far. It is supposed to be in the melee burst category right? How does it compare to a concentration or combat sentinel for example? Edited by KendraP

Parsed a bit, without freezing force. Used force push once because of the opener with saber throw, later just used saber throw where I had a gap in the rotation. Could probably throw in a slash instead at times, need to look at the resources (slash does bit more damage). Worked out smoothly, feels good to not have Freezing Force!

From the first try (without tryharding and even without adrenals) actually got a better parse than the previous best I had on my guardian. May be I wasn't using Freezing Force that well before (most likely). But I always felt that it was out of place. Now without it it is much better.

Focus though... As suspected, Freezing Force was a bit too big of a deal for the spec. Unless I am suddenly playing it very wrong, it ended up being a nerf for it. Lost couple hundred DPS. Basically used Riposte/Blade Storm/Slash instead of Freezing Force depending on what's available. But because the compensated buff was a crit chance buff, it is now even more RNG based than before... Someone might get 10k with it again, not me though.

Freezing Force was OP. AoE ability that applied full DoT on impact while slowing enemies? COME ON! I'm glad it got nerfed. The utility wasn't really thought through.

As for other changes:

Changes to Burnmaster seem large, but then you realize they apply to stuff like Vigi.Thrust, Slash and the like. The only realy change is that you'll have +2% damage all the time(Plasma Brand's pretty much omnipresent). Still, the abilities that get used while that +15% is active got a nice buff. Keening Blade and Vigi.Thrust most likely.

Focus? If only Focus flew as nicely as Concentration. Ah well. Focus will have to resort to Slash and Riposte again. No biggie.

Freezing Force was OP. AoE ability that applied full DoT on impact while slowing enemies? COME ON! I'm glad it got nerfed. The utility wasn't really thought through.

As for other changes:

Changes to Burnmaster seem large, but then you realize they apply to stuff like Vigi.Thrust, Slash and the like. The only realy change is that you'll have +2% damage all the time(Plasma Brand's pretty much omnipresent). Still, the abilities that get used while that +15% is active got a nice buff. Keening Blade and Vigi.Thrust most likely.

Focus? If only Focus flew as nicely as Concentration. Ah well. Focus will have to resort to Slash and Riposte again. No biggie.

I'm pretty sure Burnmaster doesn't apply to Vigi Thrust and Slash, it only applies to your burn/bleed effects.

I'm pretty sure Burnmaster doesn't apply to Vigi Thrust and Slash, it only applies to your burn/bleed effects.

Yes, it buffs all of your doTs while they are on the target. Pretty solid increase, actually. And DoTs from Blade Storm and Overhead slash are now almost identical in damage because of the buff to the burning blade. On the tooltip I see just a 20 damage difference.

Edited by Equeliber

Has anyone seen what this does to aoe for vigi? That is kind of the specs strongest point. I understand they wanted to nerf it, but hopefully there's still a reason to vigi over the other melee sustained specs.

I only ran an EV HM for cxp and some master flashpoints yesterday. Still hitting 16k+ on the 4 dogs before the lava cave. On Korriban Incursion first boss (beastmaster guy with 2 adds) finished with almost 12k dps. Sure, might be lower than before but still more than most other classes can do.

Edited by Equeliber

Has anyone seen what this does to aoe for vigi? That is kind of the specs strongest point. I understand they wanted to nerf it, but hopefully there's still a reason to vigi over the other melee sustained specs.

Vigi's AoE was already amazing before they added Piercing Chilling, so it'll probably still be great.

This is the second time you have mentioned NERFS. They didn't nerf this class they buffed it.