Crew Skill and Companion questions

Endymionsama

Whats the cheapest and whats the fastest way to max out companion affection, I have all the legacy perks if that helps?

Is it worth it in the early levels before you get the healer pet to just use the ship robot to heal you for the more tougher content. On my way to 50 I practically ignored the healing ship droid and struggled on the harder stuff because of that. I have alts with cyber tech so gearing it up wont be hard I think, I just need to know whats its primary stat.

What is with the companions I do have at max affection failing the grade 6 missions? I thought at max affection it was impossible to fail.

Which character customization do I need to buy and where its located to make Ashara show her real skin instead of the leather suite. I bought the slave girl outfit for her but it does not look right with the leather. The same thing happened with Vette until I found the right customization to make her other clothing come off.

Whats the cheapest and whats the fastest way to max out companion affection, I have all the legacy perks if that helps?

Is it worth it in the early levels before you get the healer pet to just use the ship robot to heal you for the more tougher content. On my way to 50 I practically ignored the healing ship droid and struggled on the harder stuff because of that. I have alts with cyber tech so gearing it up wont be hard I think, I just need to know whats its primary stat.

What is with the companions I do have at max affection failing the grade 6 missions? I thought at max affection it was impossible to fail.

Which character customization do I need to buy and where its located to make Ashara show her real skin instead of the leather suite. I bought the slave girl outfit for her but it does not look right with the leather. The same thing happened with Vette until I found the right customization to make her other clothing come off.

#1 I never found making companion gifts with UT and investigation to be a monetary burden. make sure you make the right conversation choices with the companion you have. This can be hard sometimes.

#2 absolutely not, the droid is the worst companion you can use off-ship.

#3 affection does have some impact on chance of failure but the chance never reaches zero. There is always a chance of failure. This is probably superstitious nonsense but I have found that if I send the same companion on the same type of mission (IE UT metals) in the same grade over and over that companion fails sooner than if I mix it up, i.e. send him on a UT metals then send him on a companion gift, then back to UT metals.

#4 sorry I do not know

Don't know if this is the cheapest way, but I buy Rank 2 gifts from the vendor in the fleet till I hit 6k affection then I buy level Rank 4 and 5 blue or purple from the GTN to finish out. Always do the conversations when they pop and escape out of the series till you find the response with the most affection.

If oyu want cheaper, you could always run Black Talon normal mode for affection or any other low level repeatable quests.

#1 I never found making companion gifts with UT and investigation to be a monetary burden. make sure you make the right conversation choices with the companion you have. This can be hard sometimes.

#2 absolutely not, the droid is the worst companion you can use off-ship.

#3 affection does have some impact on chance of failure but the chance never reaches zero. There is always a chance of failure. This is probably superstitious nonsense but I have found that if I send the same companion on the same type of mission (IE UT metals) in the same grade over and over that companion fails sooner than if I mix it up, i.e. send him on a UT metals then send him on a companion gift, then back to UT metals.

#4 sorry I do not know

Concerning #2 that is not entirely accurate. At Legacy level 12 you can buy modifiers (do not remember exact name or type of item) from repair droid on your ship. Of course that repair droid itself already costs 1 mil, dunno what upgrades do.

Don't know if this is the cheapest way, but I buy Rank 2 gifts from the vendor in the fleet till I hit 6k affection then I buy level Rank 4 and 5 blue or purple from the GTN to finish out.

Not too far off, the Rank 1 gifts are more cost effective from 0-3999 affection. You can actually get the gifts cheaper through missions than from the vendor, but you generally won't get the missions you need. Gift missions seem to be more for someone that intends on selling them, or someone that is stockpiling every time of gift because they plan on doing enough characters that they'll hit all the types of gifts.

Treasure hunting gift missions often return tokens that can be exchanged for specific types of gifts, rather than gifts directly, but you don't get enough tokens to get a gift from a single mission. That's nice if you are only interested in a single type of gift and don't want to go through selling the wrong types so that you can buy the right types.

Don't do any of your companion quests until you hit at least 8000 affection. That way, you get that affection when the affection would be most expensive to obtain through credits.

Pay attention to which gift types get you the most affection from each companion. I recommend checking http://dulfy.net/2012/04/22/companion-gifts-and-crafting-bonuses-for-1-2/. That also gives the base amount of affection for each type.

Also pay attention to credits per point of affection when choosing what gifts to purchase. Purple gifts give 2.4 times as much affection, so don't spend more than 2.4 times as much per purple gifts than blue, but also don't buy the blues if the purples are less than 2.4 times as costly. Sometimes the blues are more cost effective, sometimes the purples, just because prices vary. I've seen the credit cost ratio go as high as 5, and as low as 1.5.

Concerning #2 that is not entirely accurate. At Legacy level 12 you can buy modifiers (do not remember exact name or type of item) from repair droid on your ship. Of course that repair droid itself already costs 1 mil, dunno what upgrades do.

All those modifiers do is improve crew skill ability (they duplicate other companions' bonuses) and they cost 100,000 credits each. Theoretically you could buy several and swap them out as desired.

Edited by psandak