Telekinetic Throw animation

Thatguypa

Are people okay with the pebble throw animation now? I remember during beta everyone hated it.

I like the class and want to play it because I think Seer and Balance specs would be a lot of fun in PvP, but I cannot get over how much I absolutely hate Telekinetic Throw; it just looks so horrible. I know it is a big part of the Sage damage arsenal too so it is not an ability that I could just not use.

Edited by Thatguypa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like most of the animation, but would prefer some sort of orgination point for the pebbles. Like perhaps a whirlwind around you or something. But, already the sage has some animation issues from its mirror. So I wouldn't want any delays in the animations. Edited by nitrob

I agree that it's not ideal. I'm OK with doing damage by hurling pebbles (hurl them fast enough, it's like a rain of bullets), but just like with Project, there are some locations (e.g. a space ship) where it doesn't really make sense. The appearance of Telekinetic Throw doesn't affect its utility, of course--it's quite handy--but it's a small part of the reason that so far I've decided to go with TK instead of Balance. I can have my Sorcerer do the Madness tree.

That said, I do appreciate the variety in the appearance of the Sage's attacks (Project, Tk throw, Disturbance, even Force Stun), the mirrors of which for Sorcerers are all various flavors of purple lightning. Makes me feel like other players in my party assume I'm just spamming the same key over and over again.

My hope was that as the Sage levels, his or her TK throw pebbles increase in size. That way we know it's not just pelting pebbles at someone, but maybe even rocks. Something that hurts xD

A flurry of even the smallest pebbles into your face will leave you unrecognizable. It will hurt, really badly.

I don't know who thought throwing pebbles was a good idea.

Sure, mechanically it's fine, but seriously... pebbles? We're the laughing stock of the entire game because of that stupid spell.

I would rather just throw bursts of air (like mini-Disturbances) repeatidly, instead of a stream of pebbles.

I don't know who thought throwing pebbles was a good idea.

Sure, mechanically it's fine, but seriously... pebbles? We're the laughing stock of the entire game because of that stupid spell.

I would rather just throw bursts of air (like mini-Disturbances) repeatidly, instead of a stream of pebbles.

I doubt we are the laughing stock. Not with the Warzone numbers we can put up. Telekinetic throw is a great spell. Especially in PVP. Nobody cares if it doesn't look as cool as lightning, when it's killing them

I personally love this animation, whilst hating the animation of force lightning.

Big beam of crazy purple yarn mess..... ugh...

It's one of the reasons Im going balance as my sage, cos I know I can spam the better looking throw. If I went sorc Id have to go lightning.

I actually like to imagine my jedi carring around a bag full of little stones he finds while walking on the countryside. And then killing some sith lord using only that bag full of pebbles.

Who needs a lightsabre anyway? I mean sure you can kill things with it, but it isn't as humiliating.

I dislike it in its entirety. It feels very misplaced in both realism as well as lore wise.

Its like :

Pulls the metal up from the floor...and throws it!

Channels the force into a physical manifestation and throws it!

Unsheathes lightsaber and throws it!

Points at the enemy and pebbles appear out of nowhere and throw themselves!

Couldn't they just change it to 'Project Storm' if you played consular storyline you'll know what I mean. That ability actually looks alright rather than pebbles flying at someone.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/fkwaMFO/project-storm

Thats actually what i thought Throw was going to be like....akin to how the sorcerer version works.

I was sadly let down :( .