Waiting For George Lucas To Pass-Away

LVDave

The thing is the law is totally fluid. Someone will own the rights to Star Wars after GL is gone and that someone will be able to sell the rights if they so choose to. It might not be easy, it might cost a butt ton of money, they may have to try to get a supreme court hearing. But if there is any money to be made by doing it then in America it WILL happen...that's just the way our culture does business.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70 years really you must think tec advances slow lol....

No...its just under the copyright law, nothing can be remade or re-done for a certain amount of years. In the case of Star Wars its gonna be till 2072 till any star wars can be remade.

Or actually, it could be longer since it doesn't start till Lucas dies.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No...its just under the copyright law, nothing can be remade or re-done for a certain amount of years. In the case of Star Wars its gonna be till 2072 till any star wars can be remade.

This should not matter , wishing someone to pass on because of something as little as Movies / books /comics / games and the character in them is the sign of a entitled children .

Since I started paying attention to anything StarWars forums , it has been the reason I finally know why Lucas doesn't want to make anymore movies . At the rate of these trolls and flamers who attack Authors , Writers , Artist I will be suprised is StarWars sees another 10 years.

There has a lot been said about the prequels already, but i feel that the overall decision about the plot itself was not the best. He did not understand, we did not need to know about how Anakin became Vader, we just wanted more epic Star Wars.

And unfortunately, the prequels never brought us a dialog as epic as Luke vs Emperor dialog.

i think so called fans deserve it.

but that my option.

The star wars series ended perfectly. There needn't be any new ones to add to the series. As bad as TPM and AOTC were the rest of the films sat well in the universe. I wouldn't want an episode 7 - 9 that some how sets about destroying the dark side once and for all.

I'm glad Lucas doesn't want to make anymore.

Edited by sambeta

There isnt going to be any more star wars movies, ever. Even after he passes away. His said his put steps in place so no more features will ever be made after he dies.

We wont see anymore star wars movies in our lifetime. There will be more eventually though.

We just have to wait for the copyright to expire.

Star Wars will become public domain 70 years after George Lucas dies. So don't expect another movie before 2100!