The only hood-down Jedi robe is to be a random cartel pack drop!

Alec_Fortescue

I'm confused. My sentinel is wearing a robe right now with no hood. It dropped in Directive 7, I think. Can't remember. This was like a week ago or so. Level 50 robe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/Chad6731/Screenshot_2012-11-14_00_33_05_547888.jpg

I have no idea what the name of it is. I have to log in and look. But it's purple quality. I was surprised to see it didn't have a hood. So whatever robe the OP is talking about on the Cartel Market is not the only Jedi robe in the game with no hood.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. My sentinel is wearing a robe right now with no hood. It dropped in Directive 7, I think. Can't remember. This was like a week ago or so. Level 50 robe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/Chad6731/Screenshot_2012-11-14_00_33_05_547888.jpg

I have no idea what the name of it is. I have to log in and look. But it's purple quality. I was surprised to see it didn't have a hood. So whatever robe the OP is talking about on the Cartel Market is not the only Jedi robe in the game with no hood.

you don't see the hood because of your helm, if you take it off or hide it, you'll see the hood

It's not the only one, there's also the Dire Eliminator Chestguard (or, if you're into Sith business, Dire Warmaster Chestguard).

As for the hood down issue, I've long since surrendered myself to the Cademimu Sharpshooter Jacket instead. :cool:

Read: JEDI robe. "Jedi" being the keyword. right now my sentinel is running around in Sith outfit.

Read: JEDI robe. "Jedi" being the keyword. right now my sentinel is running around in Sith outfit.

I saw a Jedi running around with the Eliminator chest yesterday. The white armor makes it more Jedi than Sith imo, and red robes aren't inherently Sith either. (Maybe it's the name?)

I dislike the robes+armor look though, otherwise I'd wear it.

Hmm, I picked up the Dire Eliminator's chestguard for my guardian (L43 item, 325 cartel coins) and its hood down whether or not I have my head slot hidden. Here are some pics:

Head Slot Hidden: http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/Magik13/Screenshot_2012-11-17_14_12_12_127988.jpg

Head Slot not hidden: http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/Magik13/Screenshot_2012-11-17_14_13_00_109733.jpg

I think I have seen some other players with the same chestguard (at least according to thier equipment list) and they had the hood up, so I have no clue whats going on with my character.

Its a fairly nice red with white and black highlights, so I am pleased.

Baseless speculation? Check out the source i provided. It is found ONLY in the cartel pack. And considering how much a JEDI robe with a hood down was demanded they will be very expensive credit-wise to get. They might be as common as dancer tops but everyone will want to get those.

Not only that, but if its the only one, everybody will be looking the same very quickly..

Are you as happy if you know its a Sith warrior chestpiece? :S

Edited by Karkais

Not only that, but if its the only one, everybody will be looking the same very quickly..

Are you as happy if you know its a Sith warrior chestpiece? :S

But its a nice, Christmasy red - not the usual dark, creepy red most of the sith armor is colored. Plus, it matches my guardians hair :-).

I used to be wearing a chestplate of nimble deflection - it was a general drop from the main boss in the collicoid war game and it was a red color - so just cause its red doesn't mean its Sith. Mind you, I would prefer something in a nice cloud blue - but like I said in another thread, the dev's seem to think the dirt brown, chlorine green and puke yellow are everyone's favorite color unless you are a sith - and then you HAVE to love black and red. (mind you - I DO like black and red on my sith, it just gets a bit boring :-).

But I sympathize with the OP - if there IS a more jedi-like hood down robe they really need to sell it as an individual piece just like the dire warmaster chest, putting it in random card packs is pretty bogus considering that they have been promising a hood on/off switch since release and failing to deliver.

Hmm, I picked up the Dire Eliminator's chestguard for my guardian (L43 item, 325 cartel coins) and its hood down whether or not I have my head slot hidden. Here are some pics:

Head Slot Hidden: http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/Magik13/Screenshot_2012-11-17_14_12_12_127988.jpg

Head Slot not hidden: http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/Magik13/Screenshot_2012-11-17_14_13_00_109733.jpg

I think I have seen some other players with the same chestguard (at least according to thier equipment list) and they had the hood up, so I have no clue whats going on with my character.

I really did consider purchasing this armor as the red reminds me of Republic colors (Venator star cruiser) but as the person above mentioned, I realized it was a recolor of a Sith armor you can find in Boarding Party I believe :(.

You do realize certain headgears will cause the hood to go down on many of the robes.

No they don't. They cause it to disappear completely. And then your character has a cross between 80's nerd sunglasses from "Sixteen Candles"/cyclops' visor/ and an amateur boxers headguard. Or a weird hedband that Abba might have wore. Can you picture any of that stuff on Obi Wan Kenobi? No?

No they don't. They cause it to disappear completely. And then your character has a cross between 80's nerd sunglasses from "Sixteen Candles"/cyclops' visor/ and an amateur boxers headguard. Or a weird hedband that Abba might have wore. Can you picture any of that stuff on Obi Wan Kenobi? No?

I doubt he can. Ugh... I want my hoods down already! It's the only thing I need for TOR to be 10/10 game.

• 2 weeks later...

Because all of the items from the Cartel store can be sold in the GTN so that those that don't want to spend real money can buy it for credits from someone who has no use for it (like with the Spymaster set for example) I don't see a problem.

If it is ever added it will become an expensive item that sells for a million or so in the GTN just like the Jedi Battlelord gear.

I do not understand something, screen posted by Alec shows a char with helmet on, so how can You be sure, that without a helmet hood will be down?

You can see the lowered hood clipping near the neck. Little icon of the item doesn't not show a hood-up either.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

You can see the lowered hood clipping near the neck. Little icon of the item doesn't not show a hood-up either.

Yeah, the game is pretty consistent about that at least. Icon with hood down equals screenshot with hood down. Would love to know when this item will be available. Would love to finish my Knight's class quest looking like a Jedi and able to see his face.

the one thing I do NOT like about the cartel points is the randomness of the packets. The revan robes are one of the best looking in the game. I spent all my free cartel points that I was given on the correct package that drops the outfit and I got nothing. If you're going to sell vanity items fine, but to me the randomness of the packets are asinine.