The Zildrog Connection

CloudCastle

Spoilers ahead!

So we know that there is a faction of zealots who worship this snake god, and we know that they have some kind of "agreement" with Arcann that allows them to rule over the bottom dregs of the city. We know that they believe in a prophesy that heralds the return of Zildrog, which will usher in an age of destruction. We get to see Zildrog's likeness when we infiltrate their hideout and he looks like a big gold cobra.

So I'm wondering, why do Arcann and Vaylin both have the emblem of Zildrog on their belts? It's clearly the same cobra. Neither of them strike me as the religious zealot types, but a there's a lot of possibilities here left unexplored.

1) They are religious zealots, who secretly worship Zildrog. (Unlikely, but possible. Arcann clearly says he has "plans for the galaxy" and Vaylin loves wanton destruction after all.)

2) They are using the Heralds of Zildrog and pretending to be aligned with them in the meantime. (Perhaps Arcann, Vaylin or Valkorian plans to claim to BE Zildrog returned at some point. Mostly likely scenario I suspect.)

3) It is merely a symbol of the ruling family's power, perhaps going back to ancient times, and means nothing now.

Any other ideas?

Valkorian also wears a weird, beastly symbol on his chest, but it doesn't appear to be reptilian, so I don't think it's Zildrog. There is certainly some similarities though between Zildrog's prophesied destruction and Vitiate's old modus operendi.

There is a prophecy in play, too. Read the lore statements for all the "old deities" on the stations.

Vaylin is set up interestingly, if that cycle is matching what is going on with empy-V's family.

It really is unfortunate that those Old Gods texts aren't codices. I don't remember them accurately enough to recall a prophecy. The only part I remember is the God of Fury's destruction of "the outlanders." It explains why that title for us is so significant to the Zakuul.

...do they even know our name? :p

It really is unfortunate that those Old Gods texts aren't codices. I don't remember them accurately enough to recall a prophecy. The only part I remember is the God of Fury's destruction of "the outlanders." It explains why that title for us is so significant to the Zakuul.

Then how are you reading them? Nothing pops up on my screen to read it when I click on one, and after having found one once, I cannot click on it again.

There is a bit wherein it explains who betrays whom, and that Zildrog basically will wipe them all out at one point.

I noticed the crest of Zildrog on the chest of Arcann, but it didn't occur to me who it was when I saw it.

To answer the poster about how I read the Old God lore: when I hovered over the items that you need to click, a small window displaying some text about each god appears. The issue with this is that in order to review their messages, you need to replay the fortresses.

Here's what stumped me about the Heralds of Zildrog: Why do their elite units use lightsabers and Force powers? The Knights of Zakuul are kind of a given… but the cult of Zildrog? Why?

I noticed the crest of Zildrog on the chest of Arcann, but it didn't occur to me who it was when I saw it.

To answer the poster about how I read the Old God lore: when I hovered over the items that you need to click, a small window displaying some text about each god appears. The issue with this is that in order to review their messages, you need to replay the fortresses.

Here's what stumped me about the Heralds of Zildrog: Why do their elite units use lightsabers and Force powers? The Knights of Zakuul are kind of a given… but the cult of Zildrog? Why?

I am betting they are the old guard. IE, leaders of the society before Empy V moved in and on up. They are the prototypes and predecessors to the Zakuul knights. (Sorta like how the cavalier knights were the musketeer predecessors. )

Perhaps, their high ranking officials are kind of exiled Knights or Scions, or they could be an entirely independent Force tradition that draws on pre-Valkorion era Zakuulan teachings.

Perhaps, their high ranking officials are kind of exiled Knights or Scions, or they could be an entirely independent Force tradition that draws on pre-Valkorion era Zakuulan teachings.

Potentially, but it still felt strange.... These Heralds of Zildrog. Hokey religions and ancient religions are no match for a good blaster at your side.

I am betting they are the old guard. IE, leaders of the society before Empy V moved in and on up. They are the prototypes and predecessors to the Zakuul knights. (Sorta like how the cavalier knights were the musketeer predecessors. )

Ooh, good theory. I like it.

Valkorion's chest symbol is Zildrog as well. I have a feeling it will play a role in the game at some point.

i suspect that is more then just a symbol, i suspect valkorion is the snake god. i mean valkorion in another shell known as vitiate and before that tenebrae, in all those incarnations of himself, there has always been a massive wave of death and destruction of his own design. in addition everyone who knows valkorion would also know he would deceive anyone as long as he would benefit from it.

Valkorion also can read people to their core and as a practised liar he can see through people without any trouble, arcann is only jealous that he didn't get what he wanted and is still jealous that his father still has a measure of power and influence still, but at no point did he deceive his own true intentions, not to himself, valkorion or vaylin. Vaylin has always been a straight shot but her thinking pattern has always been a little... odd to say the least.