Juggernaut DPS, Should I?

sgtshortsy

Hello, I understand Guardian and Juggernaut DPS is viable and challenging, but should I bother? I know that some may not take me seriously but really don't care. But I DO care about is would I get selected often in Ops and Flashpoints with this selected?

I honestly cannot stand Mara's, yes they're easy but I don't want cake-walks or OP classes, I want something that I can work hard on but still pull great dps. Should I?

Hello, I understand Guardian and Juggernaut DPS is viable and challenging, but should I bother? I know that some may not take me seriously but really don't care. But I DO care about is would I get selected often in Ops and Flashpoints with this selected?

I honestly cannot stand Mara's, yes they're easy but I don't want cake-walks or OP classes, I want something that I can work hard on but still pull great dps. Should I?

the only people that won't take you are probably eltiest jerks guild that only want the highest dps classes or people that have their mind set saying jugg is bad dps when it is pretty decent. I feel ya on the maraurader thing though i lvled a mara up to 50 waiting for server xfers when my server died missed my jugg when xfers came and went back to my jugg. Honestly just play what you enjoy more that's why i play a jugg over my mara as my main for dps more of my playstyle.

the only people that won't take you are probably eltiest jerks guild that only want the highest dps classes or people that have their mind set saying jugg is bad dps when it is pretty decent. I feel ya on the maraurader thing though i lvled a mara up to 50 waiting for server xfers when my server died missed my jugg when xfers came and went back to my jugg. Honestly just play what you enjoy more that's why i play a jugg over my mara as my main for dps more of my playstyle.

I totally agree with this. For some reason, I just find it more fun to play a juggernaut than I do on my other classes.

I too have leveled both a marauder and a juggernaut, and while I do agree that marauders are the class to go if you are looking for insane damage, there is a certain attractiveness to the play-style of the juggernaut that the marauder just doesn't offer.

I strongly recommend that you to at least try the class out. Not for the DPS, but for the fun and satisfaction.

I agree with the others here; try both for a little bit.

I went Jugg for two reasons.

1. I wanted a bad *** tank...lol

2. I liked the animations much better on the Jugg.

Yes, I built my Jugg to tank, but that does not mean I do not DPS with him. Jugg DPS can be pretty damn sick with the right gearing and rotation focus. In full un-augmented Rakata gear I was easily able to keep up in MOX with a similar geared Mara and a BH/Rakata geared Merc in a quick HM EV blitz. Jugg DPS is VERY viable, and the only reason that someone should tell you no to a raid is if they already have too much melee. If someone tells you no because you are a Jugg, they are stupid.

Jugg is my favorite bar none. it was my first toon in early launch, and to date I've leveled 3. it just don't get boring :D

I like the single saber. they're blows feel very powerful and visceral (far more then the guardian). especially if you run Vengeance. a sunder - impale - shattering blow - scream still makes me chuckle...feels like your pounding the opponent into the dirt and howling in sheer rage at them.

Jugg is my favorite bar none. it was my first toon in early launch, and to date I've leveled 3. it just don't get boring :D

I like the single saber. they're blows feel very powerful and visceral (far more then the guardian). especially if you run Vengeance. a sunder - impale - shattering blow - scream still makes me chuckle...feels like your pounding the opponent into the dirt and howling in sheer rage at them.

i've lvl ed 4 doing my 5th right now since with the cartel shop i was able to buy rattataki was just 2 cheap to buy it with credits even tho i could afford it. I have to say though i'm enjoying the rattataki one the most right mostly because looks so ****** and reminds me of Quan Chi from mortal kombat. only lvled so many cause of rerolls cause server died b4 xfers and i want a male and female 1 so i can switch to whatever one i want as my main with legacy gear just need to keep their none modable gear updated. and i watched the story everytime just a fun class to play period for me.

Oh yeah?? Well this is my 11th juggernaut at 50 suck on that boiz!!

lol i used to have like 10 50's b4 i deleted alot of the duplicated cause of the sever merge man i play to much

Edited by Zaxem

I've a campaign/black hole mix Vengeance one and usually pull the highest dps on the boss fights. I have a marauder too but I LOVE the single-saber stance and I feel complete with my Jugg, and when I say that I mean it. (I have played nearly all the classes, except sage and slinger.) I love being the guy that pulls the boss when the tank is dead and lets him get back into fight without worrying a wipe.

It's the littlest things and a bit sentimental but play what you enjoy is motto, so if you like it, go for it.

Edited by Yasin

I've a campaign/black hole mix Vengeance one and usually pull the highest dps on the boss fights. I have a marauder too but I LOVE the single-saber stance and I feel complete with my Jugg, and when I say that I mean it. (I have played nearly all the classes, except sage and slinger.) I love being the guy that pulls the boss when the tank is dead and lets him get back into fight without worrying a wipe.

It's the littlest things and a bit sentimental but play what you enjoy is motto, so if you like it, go for it.

out of curiosity how much dps you do just what to see if i'm around the same numbers i currently do around 1600-1650 buffed with rakata stim and adrenal i'm BH mixed with some campign armoring lvl 27 hilt and a few lvl 27 mods

out of curiosity how much dps you do just what to see if i'm around the same numbers i currently do around 1600-1650 buffed with rakata stim and adrenal i'm BH mixed with some campign armoring lvl 27 hilt and a few lvl 27 mods

I'm similar to you guys and I found my dps went up when I switched to rage spec. It got a lot better for pve post 1.4 with the buffs to the tree. I was putting out similar numbers in vengance and now that I switched it's like 1800-1900. Made it onto http://www.torparse.com/statistics my first go with Rage spec on the first 3 bosses of HM TFB 8 man. My name is Caeus from the Harbinger btw.

Edited by gamerpaul

lol i used to have like 10 50's b4 i deleted alot of the duplicated cause of the sever merge man i play to much

hehe I may run into the same situation myself. I love how the class plays, and after doing nothing but Ops and dailies for weeks at a time, it's almost refreshing to start one over and run through the planets.

It's sort of funny...I've leveled other classes too, but each time i start playing a class, i eventually drift back to my juggs.

....what can I say, I like juggs :D (pun intended)

Now the Rage DPS increase interests me...I may have to try a full rage spec at 50 for awhile and see how it works out. the big question is...is the DPS increase simply due to trash cleanup (a.k.a more damage on trash sets), or can you individually parse single targets and net similar results? That can make a big difference. Either way though, it's great to see Rage pulling competitive numbers.

If they revisit the vengeance spec at all, i really think our bleeds are a key to increasing our damage and viability. Ironscarlet had some interesting points in is post a few threads down on that idea. But I would love to see both specs find a solid niche for themselves, and it seems rage has gotten the smashfest DPS it deserves.

Jugg DPS is very good - this myth that we can't dps only helps us IMO. Last time I pugged a TFB HM they were hesitant to bring me and obviously had very low expectations (raid lead said they'll swap if we struggle with dps - obviously aimed at me), I ended up topping the DPS charts over their sniper, merc and mara. Low expectations = can only suprise them :).

There was also a thread on the forums here somewhere about some guy min-maxing both jugg and mara dps, and the juggs DO top a bit shorter than the mara. But in the end this is fairly insignificant unless you're in one of those elitist guilds who take the day off of work just to be the first kill or something...

tl:dr; any class is good if you learn and play it correctly, so just play what you like :)

Edited by Xtrema

I am not bashing juggernauts or their guardian mirror AC, but from experience, a Marauder in the carnage tree (combat for Sentinels) i either have much more survivability then a Vengeance Juggernaut or i do so much damage as a Marauder, the lower survivability isn't noticed.

Its just that with the carnage and combat level 40 talent that replaces the Vicious Slash and Slash abilities on the Marauder and Sentinel, causes the Atarus Stance to always trigger the stances' extra attack, which admittedly isn't all that much, but in the long run, it all adds up.

The Juggernaut and Guardian don't have that type of ability, so it feels like they are left behind, because my marauder survives more punishment, then my juggernaut and they have the same gear (besides the medium and heavy differences) made by a friend of mine, as a marauder/sentinel, elites and class quest bosses are more easier to kill because they do alot more then 5% damage then the Juggernaut/Guardian.

Although i would love to be a tradtional jedi or sith and use only a single lightsaber, but how the marauder and sentinel is designed compared to the juggernaut and Guardian makes the medium armor based dps more of a dps option, while juggernauts and guardians have very good survivability if specced in their tanking tree, alot of people say to level up via tanking and using the healer companion when aquired and then respec into the tree you want when at level 50.

Sadly, that defeats the object of what i am trying to get done, i should be able to use any spec and any companion and not feel gimped, just like bioware promised during development, in the end, the juggernaut and guardian dps, the vengeance and vigiliance specs need some buffing, instead of some ****** dots, they need more burst, the issue is that the dailies are not very forgiving with gear shortages, if you are lacking in a single area, you will be ripped to pieces.

Overall, the whole 5% thing is just wrong, unless the Marauder/Sentinel just gets to that max dps faster then the Juggernaut/Guardian, then the juggernaut/Guardian needs to be buffed to the point that allows them to do that much dps in the same of time.

I tend to ignore pvp'ers opinions on classes, because they don't complain when they can't win, they keep their mouths shut if they never lose to avoid their class getting noticed.

I am not bashing juggernauts or their guardian mirror AC, but from experience, a Marauder in the carnage tree (combat for Sentinels) i either have much more survivability then a Vengeance Juggernaut or i do so much damage as a Marauder, the lower survivability isn't noticed.

Its just that with the carnage and combat level 40 talent that replaces the Vicious Slash and Slash abilities on the Marauder and Sentinel, causes the Atarus Stance to always trigger the stances' extra attack, which admittedly isn't all that much, but in the long run, it all adds up.

The Juggernaut and Guardian don't have that type of ability, so it feels like they are left behind, because my marauder survives more punishment, then my juggernaut and they have the same gear (besides the medium and heavy differences) made by a friend of mine, as a marauder/sentinel, elites and class quest bosses are more easier to kill because they do alot more then 5% damage then the Juggernaut/Guardian.

Although i would love to be a tradtional jedi or sith and use only a single lightsaber, but how the marauder and sentinel is designed compared to the juggernaut and Guardian makes the medium armor based dps more of a dps option, while juggernauts and guardians have very good survivability if specced in their tanking tree, alot of people say to level up via tanking and using the healer companion when aquired and then respec into the tree you want when at level 50.

Sadly, that defeats the object of what i am trying to get done, i should be able to use any spec and any companion and not feel gimped, just like bioware promised during development, in the end, the juggernaut and guardian dps, the vengeance and vigiliance specs need some buffing, instead of some ****** dots, they need more burst, the issue is that the dailies are not very forgiving with gear shortages, if you are lacking in a single area, you will be ripped to pieces.

Overall, the whole 5% thing is just wrong, unless the Marauder/Sentinel just gets to that max dps faster then the Juggernaut/Guardian, then the juggernaut/Guardian needs to be buffed to the point that allows them to do that much dps in the same of time.

I tend to ignore pvp'ers opinions on classes, because they don't complain when they can't win, they keep their mouths shut if they never lose to avoid their class getting noticed.

i admit jugg dps could some sort of buff but from what i have seen other people post they can do pretty comparable dps to a mara

I was around 1550 when I still had 3 pieces of Rakata left, guess it must be close to your numbers now. I'll try and get my parse from this weekend's coming EC run and be more specific.

----

By the way, do you all still use PvP relics or already switched to Dread Guard ones yet? I'm thinking about getting the proc one with 47 static power bonus to replace my BM Boundless Ages one nowadays.

I was around 1550 when I still had 3 pieces of Rakata left, guess it must be close to your numbers now. I'll try and get my parse from this weekend's coming EC run and be more specific.

----

By the way, do you all still use PvP relics or already switched to Dread Guard ones yet? I'm thinking about getting the proc one with 47 static power bonus to replace my BM Boundless Ages one nowadays.

I hear that the dread guard is BIS now but haven't got around to see if it's true or not currently relloing my jugg to a rattataki since with the cartel shop i was able to buy it instead of paying 2mil since i'm cheap

my parse came from the operations dummy on your ship i usually forget to run mox when running a raid so if you are trying to compare to me might want to parse on the dummy