Huttball Fire traps

OpeningToEndgame

Are abused way too much. I just died 17 times in one match because I would get pulled by an Assassin and then cc'd. You die so fast that you don't have time to click a button to break out of it and move. I can understand the mechanic is there for a reason, but it needs reworked.

This may explain why you dont have the time to break the stun. Just keybind ,at least, this skill and it will be a lot better.

Also, if you died 17 times being pulled into the fire in the same Warzone,the problem is absolutly not the mechanic.

Because 17 times= at least 2 assassins were focussing on pulling you to the fire ONLY and having 2 players not focussing on the objective usualy result in a defeat for the team.

Take it the other way, you baited 2 players or more.

You team minus you= 7 players left

The other team minus 2+ players= 6 or less players left

So 7vs6 or less is in favor of your team

Keybinding has never worked for me. Not used to it.

if you move around with your mouse, bind the stun breaker to mouse button 3. if your a keyboard turner or too lazy to get use to keybinding 1 very important button, go cry to someone else because you wont get any sympathy on this forum.

Edited by ForsakenKing

Keybinding has never worked for me. Not used to it.

Then you will never be able to get out of the fire in time.

Clicking is fine for pve but you will never be fully competitive in pvp as a clicker no matter what you say(execpt if you are a sniper). If you say: I can kill anybody its more like you can kill any clicker. Its easy to notice a clicker in pvp, I can maul(assassin's backstab) them to death and I cant do that to a keybinded player.

You could buy a gaming mouse like a razer naga, there is 17 buttons on a razer naga,all on the left side. Maybe you wont be able or comfortable to use all the 17 buttons but it will help you to bind at least 3-4 important skills. There is also some gaming mouse with less buttons and usualy those buttons are bigger so its easier to use them. Also, you can easily use ALT+the gaming mouse button to make it easier (dont say you cant reach ALT,its beside the spacebar)

Just bind the CC breaker to ''E'' or ''R'' it will be alot easier

Finaly, if you keep saying no to the solution we offer wich is probably the only one that could work (keybinding) you should stop pvping or accept your destiny

Edited by Philelectric

Then you will never be able to get out of the fire in time.

Clicking is fine for pve but you will never be fully competitive in pvp as a clicker no matter what you say(execpt if you are a sniper). If you say: I can kill anybody its more like you can kill any clicker. Its easy to notice a clicker in pvp, I can maul(assassin's backstab) them to death and I cant do that to a keybinded player.

You could buy a gaming mouse like a razer naga, there is 17 buttons on a razer naga,all on the left side. Maybe you wont be able or comfortable to use all the 17 buttons but it will help you to bind at least 3-4 important skills. There is also some gaming mouse with less buttons and usualy those buttons are bigger so its easier to use them. Also, you can easily use ALT+the gaming mouse button to make it easier (dont say you cant reach ALT,its beside the spacebar)

Just bind the CC breaker to ''E'' or ''R'' it will be alot easier

Finaly, if you keep saying no to the solution we offer wich is probably the only one that could work (keybinding) you should stop pvping or accept your destiny

Thanks for not being an ***hat. I am not too lazy. I have just NEVER keybinded before. I actually do surpisingly well in PvP as a Sorc. I will look into that mouse when I build my new computer. Thanks for the tip. :)

Either you have never played a sniper or you just horrible at it. I feel like im playing the piano on my keyboard while im on my GS.

I said that because sniper/GS are the only real turret so its easier to play those class if you are a clicker. I'm pretty sure a clicker can do very well as a sniper but its almost impossible to be good as a clicker with a meele class or a ranged that need to kite.

Its a fact, its easier to play a sniper/GS for clickers than any other class and this dont mean(AT ALL) that sniper/GS are the easiest class to play, its only because the playstyle of those class can suit a clicker

Edited by Philelectric

Thanks for not being an ***hat. I am not too lazy. I have just NEVER keybinded before. I actually do surpisingly well in PvP as a Sorc. I will look into that mouse when I build my new computer. Thanks for the tip. :)

I was terribad at keybinding because when I was introduced to mmo's the person that showed me how to play was a clicker so I learned how to click then I took a razer naga to the hand, it was awesome, now I play with a razer naga, I turn the camara with the right click and almost everything is binded to the mouse. Now I can use my keybind on my keyboard because I showed my girlfriend how to play mmo's and I showed her as a non razer naga keybinder and I learned how to use the keyboard at the same time. Still,razer naga>keyboard for me

I said that because sniper/GS are the only real turret so its easier to play those class if you are a clicker. I'm pretty sure a clicker can do very well as a sniper but its almost impossible to be good as a clicker with a meele class or a ranged that need to kite.

Its a fact, its easier to play a sniper/GS for clickers than any other class and this dont mean(AT ALL) that sniper/GS are the easiest class to play, its only because the playstyle of those class can suit a clicker

u must be an awsome GS/Sniper

Dude, I have slinger and vanguard at 50. I've never clicked, but hands down it would be easier and I would be more effective on my vanguard.

I have a lvl34 sniper and I'm not clicking but im pretty sure I could click and be effective. And no, you wont be better as a clicker on a vanguard, its simply impossible to click as a melee and be good at the same time unless you are on a pve server where 80% of the people in WZ fight other players like they fight mobs.

Also, you could leave this thread because the objective of the thread was to help someone with the fire pits in huttball. Ether you dont have a life or you need to show your epeen on the internet because you are on the bottom of the food chain irl...I guess. I dont think the underlined part, its just to show you how I find it annoying that someone just throw random/unrespecfull things at me, just give me the reasons why you think its impossible to play a sniper/GS without keybinds

Have fun in game and I will ignore(execpt if you give me a respecful answer for this post) any post on this thread that is not related to the topic. Go show your awesome piano skills ingame. I know you are a bit butt hurt because you cannot accept the fact that a clicker can play a sniper/GS well.

I've seen good(not great but still good) Clicking sniper/GS doing pvp on youtube and ZERO good clicker of any melee class.

You might be the best gunslinger,its possible, idk you at all and thats why I'm not trying to lower the quality of your skills as a SWTOR player, all I ask is: stay on topic and accept the FACT that a clicker can be good as a sniper/GS(will never be the best) and its also a FACT that any decent player will destroy any melee clicker while a sniper/GS can do a lot better as a clicker.

I dont get how it hurt your Gunslinger's feeling when the fact is written down, you looked so much confused about it that you needed to make direct attacks.

Any keybinder with any class> clicking sniper/GS but if I was a clicker I would play a Sniper or a Gunslinger because its a turret there is no need to move at all and its why a clicker will find it easier to play, its not about the amount of skills the class have, its about movement and fighting. A clicker know exactly where every single skills are and can do the exact same rotation at the exact same speed than a keybinder. The only proplems are fighting on the move and reacting to unexpected event(breaking a stun with the cc breaker)

edit: you can add ''imo'' a lot of times on this post

edit 2:sorry if you feel like I'm doing personnal attacks or something like it, just tell me and I will apologize

Edited by Philelectric

Clicking or keybinding isnt the issue.

People should check this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=553158

specifically my post

Rubberbanding is so bad, that if you get stunned in a fire pit now in Huttball and your cc breaker is not on cd, there is no point using it as you'll die anyway.
Edited by MorgothQuick

Are abused way too much. I just died 17 times in one match because I would get pulled by an Assassin and then cc'd. You die so fast that you don't have time to click a button to break out of it and move. I can understand the mechanic is there for a reason, but it needs reworked.

On my tank juggernaut i can survive a firetrap if i am full. Before they upped the damage they were laughable. almost any class could sit around in teh fire and use a medpack and live though it. Its an equalizer vs heal heavy teams and i think its good the way it is.

I don't care about the hazards being used as a strategy, but I think it's BS that some classes have such over-powered abilities that they can just walk through them all without shedding a significant HP.

I just LOVE it when an Inquistor walks through the first acid pit, grabs the ball, walks through the second acid pit, goes up the ramp, walks through both fires and score the ball.

Even when they're on my team I'm just looking at them like "How the F*** did you just do that? And how are you still at 80-90% Health!?" My character basically dies if I look at a single fire/acid pit, let alone walk through ALL of them in a single life.

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

I don't care about the hazards being used as a strategy, but I think it's BS that some classes have such over-powered abilities that they can just walk through them all without shedding a significant HP.

I just LOVE it when an Inquistor walks through the first acid pit, grabs the ball, walks through the second acid pit, goes up the ramp, walks through both fires and score the ball.

Even when they're on my team I'm just looking at them like "How the F*** did you just do that? And how are you still at 80-90% Health!?" My character basically dies if I look at a single fire/acid pit, let alone walk through ALL of them in a single life.

How does an inquisitor walk through acid and fire magically?