SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this now against the rules to use? I'm a tad confused with the recent events...

*points to "Is it Legal?" in the OP*

I have no idea. They have said that is isn't against the rules to use, but now they are saying that it is. I would imagine that it is not, as it does not tamper with the game in any way.

I have no idea. They have said that is isn't against the rules to use, but now they are saying that it is. I would imagine that it is not, as it does not tamper with the game in any way.

Well, they said it is not allowed to use now so I will not use it even if it did improve my gameplay on my older computer.

Appears you can't read

I want to reiterate, this wasn't permission to use ReShade. Look, we know some people may try to use software like it and Unleashed, but they are against our Rules of Conduct and so we won't allow posts like this on the official forums.

I can read and they did say that any third party software used in conjunction with SWTOR is not allowed

It's obvious that you can NOT read.

They haven't said in a single line that using tools like SWTOR Unleashed and ReShade is not allowed. They said that talking about those tools in these forums is not allowed!

However, SWTOR Unleashed has been tolerated for years now, so they can't just come out now and forbid discussions about it.

So, this tool and this thread should be safe, for now.

Edited by Sindariel

It's obvious that you can NOT read.

EricMusco wrote

"I want to reiterate, any 3rd party software used in conjunction with SWTOR is against our Rules of Conduct."

"we know some people may try to use software like it and Unleashed, but they are against our Rules of Conduct "

I can read :tran_tongue:

Edited by Icestar

EricMusco wrote

"I want to reiterate, any 3rd party software used in conjunction with SWTOR is against our Rules of Conduct."

"we know some people may try to use software like it and Unleashed, but they are against our Rules of Conduct "

I can read :tran_tongue:

The "Rules of Conduct" are NOT the "Terms of service"... :rolleyes:

THIS are the Rules of Conduct!

Edited by Sindariel

I do not understand, are you correcting me or Eric?

Give it up already, Eric clearly said he won't allow posts like that on the forums.

He never gave permission to use it ( reiterated in fact ) and also never said it was expressly forbidden to use it. What IS forbidden is discussion on it AND Unleashed ( he actually mentioned unleashed in that thread ) and thus expect this topic to be locked and the op deleted or he's going to look pretty silly specifically closing that thread and mentioning unleashed as against the rules of conduct but doing nothing about it ( though nothing would surprise me these days when it came to the community team ).