Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena

The OP is not asking for the pre 49ers to be tortured to death all she is asking for is that you get experience as you go through the warzone. The only real complaint that seems to come from this is the whole bot debate thing which I will leave to greater minds to figure out. Out side of that it seems to be a moral issue that is being debated of whether it is right for them to do this. I would like to see the experience and comms being rewarded as the match goes on as well as it would help when you get DCed in the middle of the warzone. Who has not been hit by that?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that ToS is a generic form that EA uses in all their games. Hence why the language in it is so generic, and it uses terms like EA services, instead of saying SWTOR. The gem that is the ToS also includes:

"- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements. "

I guess according to the ToS, we'll all be banned for camping people in open world pvp or mass invading an opposite faction's base. Funny thing is, I remember there was a post long ago about a GM threatening to ban a bunch of players who invaded Aurek base, using the "disrupting gameplay" from the ToS as a reason to ban them. Well BW apologized for that GM.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4472438#post4475137

In conclusion, the people who are actually responsible in determining what is bannable or not, and does the actual banning is BioWare, regardless of what the ToS says. BW has the final say in these matters. Thus, I will take BW's defition of what an exploit is, over EA's.

Alright, just did my homework on this and I'm trying not to laugh myself to death Smashy.

For that part of the ToS, Open World PvP and "Ganking" is normal flow of game play on a PvP server, and not covered by the ToS. If you had a way to do it on a PvE server (Like found an quest npc you could kill, and kept camping it) there may be an issue.

Secondly, Bioware apologized for the issue on Hoth for the GM's actions, which were not in keeping with Bioware's standards. The GM contact people via /say which is a no no... he threatened accounts, and possibly even tampered with evidence. The apology was also to those who were accused of fake claims, as the original investigation suggested. The GM was disciplined for his rogue actions, and clearly was acting this way without their approval.

Apology quoted below:

Hi everyone, I just wanted to start off by apologizing to the people that brought this issue to our attention. Our investigation teams looked very carefully through logs to see if any of the reported chat had occurred but for reasons that are currently unknown, it did not appear in the initial investigation. After verification from the teams, I came on here with the information that I had at the time. However, since then, a separate internal investigation has found evidence that this did, in fact, occur and the CS agent involved will be dealt with accordingly.

Again, I apologize to anyone affected. To those players impacted by this issue, you will be receiving personal calls from our Customer Service team shortly to review the situation and receive a personal apology.

Please enjoy the rest of your weekend.

So your little story -still- does not disqualify the ToS's version of exploits.

Further more, your "Bioware's definition" of exploits is wrong. Upon rereading the article Busting Bug's and Fixing Exploits it is (1) older than the ToS, which I believe we all recently re-agreed to when F2P hit, and (2) is a narrow article specificly dealing with bugs and exploits due to bugs. Never does it say all exploits are bugs, and it also shows not all bugs are exploits. This is not a broad enough article to make a definiton from, and it is not as recent or as actionable as the ToS.

I also would like to bring in the Ilum Exploit, which is around the same time as your article. Ilum PvP Issues. Notice they never refer to the exceptional valor gain as a bug, and only comment on it as "Unintended by the design team."

In that case, only the worst offenders had action taken against them, even though Bioware determined the use of Ilum's unitended design flaws was against the ToS. Could they have taken action against -everyone- who stepped foot on Ilum that day... yes. Yet they didn't, because Bioware and EA can enforce the ToS at their discretion... the wonders of having your own little empire lol.

-.- so again, We will probably not get an answer from Bioware if it is considered and exploit, and it may not even be "fixed" for some time as it's not an -emergency.- Neither one of us can prove what Bioware thinks, and we're left to logical reasoning and the few documents we do have. By the ToS and through logic, this is an exploit.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

Obviously it hasn't affected you to any degree. It has affected multiple people in this thread (hence the creation of the thread) - and likely will be a issue that contnues to affect people more and more. (If the pattern on my server continues, which I suspect it will.) I'm glad it hasn't affected you (no sarcasm or acrimony there only sincerity) But it has and is affecting others. It is preventing some lower levels from PvPing (not saying that some people quit and get frustrated FAR too easily - they do imo. BUT they should never do it over someone else's exploit.) - THAT is inexcusable and DEMANDS a fix.

Thank-you for your thoughtful input. :)

I wish I had as much to post back, but all I can say is I respect your right to advocate against this issue, and you are correct that you have a right to present it as much as I have a right to present any of my "top" issues. I only state my opinion on the importance of this issue and it simply that, my opinion.

Hopefully I have not appeared as if I am trying to stop you from doing so.

I guess PvP'ing in MMO's in general has made me a cynical person, but if I see the same exact people several times over the course of a couple hours of PvP'ing leaving lowbie WZ's when they are lvl 49, I am not going to give them the benefit of the doubt. ESPECIALLY knowing the types of players they are through observing them in WZ's(only targeting lowbies, fighting people near their level only because they attacked them first, leaving nodes after capping them to be taken by the enemy, knowing the guilds they are in, etc....) . But sorry, I don't need to videotape these people to know W T F they are doing(and I have asked a few, and gotten the response that they don't want to go to 50, so it's not like I have no reason to make the assumptions I am making). If it was isolated incidents and/or I see these people later on in 50 PvP when I'm on my 50's, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

I wish I had as much to post back, but all I can say is I respect your right to advocate against this issue, and you are correct that you have a right to present it as much as I have a right to present any of my "top" issues. I only state my opinion on the importance of this issue and it simply that, my opinion.

Hopefully I have not appeared as if I am trying to stop you from doing so.

No you didn't - a tad dismissive at times, but you didn't at all sound like you were trying to stop posting. :D

It's all good. Again I appreciate all your comments. Good to have someone so articulate on the forums.

I guess PvP'ing in MMO's in general has made me a cynical person, but if I see the same exact people several times over the course of a couple hours of PvP'ing leaving lowbie WZ's when they are lvl 49, I am not going to give them the benefit of the doubt. ESPECIALLY knowing the types of players they are through observing them in WZ's(only targeting lowbies, fighting people near their level only because they attacked them first, leaving nodes after capping them to be taken by the enemy, knowing the guilds they are in, etc....) . But sorry, I don't need to videotape these people to know W T F they are doing(and I have asked a few, and gotten the response that they don't want to go to 50, so it's not like I have no reason to make the assumptions I am making). If it was isolated incidents and/or I see these people later on in 50 PvP when I'm on my 50's, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

The entire exploit was explained to me by someone preparing to use the exploit in answer to those exploiting. That's how I learned about it.

So no reason to give these people the benefit of the doubt - there is no doubt.

Edited by Seena

twinking is not an exploit.

stop crying, finish leveling, and then you can PvP at 50.

tho, im 100% certain that the people complaining about twinks will be coming back to the forums to complain about gear gaps in the 50 bracket.

We have a fair bit of twinks on Bastion and it's kind of annoying. I could see it being a bigger problem if any of these guys were actually good. These twinks are constantly out performed by good players leveling alts in moderate gear. But in lowbie PvP where there are very few solid players I definitely see a problem.

I find it annoying because not only do they gear to the gills which NO ONE is doing sub 50 other than these guys... which is just one advantage on top of having a ton more key abilities than most of the other players. But that's why they do it... they know they aren't as good as many of the other players so they find a place where they can "dominate". It boosts their internet ego. Instead of improving their game play and getting to the next level of PvP... they'd rather abuse the system and let the gear do the work while their skills remain moderate.

Anyways, kind of ranted but I do see the issue especially considering the level of play in lowbie PvP. Any fix is a good one. I'd say give them XP throughout the match WHILE it's going. Got a medal? Well you just got XP.

Lol. Your idea at the end is absolutely silly. You do realize that if you gave out significant experience for medals, then the vast majority of players that simply PVP because it's the easiest XP in the game would just play until they got their 8 medals and then leave and requeue... Your idea would create a monstrously huge problem for EVERYONE to prevent something that is so rare I have only encountered ONE person doing it in the YEAR I've been playing this game.

That's not a proper solution:

The sub-50 bracket isn't irrelevant. There is a reason a game doesn't automatically start people off with toons at max level, skills, and talents, they need to level to learn their class as they go. If they are PvP'ers they learn their class by PvP'ing. And from some of the clueless(not bads, but actually clueless about what to do in the WZ or with their class) people I've seen in 50 PvP, sub-50 PvP is very relevant and they should have been doing some sub-50 PvP if only to know W T F to do with their class and in the WZ.

I can just see it now, 50 bracket getting flooded with incompetent PvP'ers(hell of a lot more than they have now) and all you PvP'ers that piss on lowbie PvP would be whining about the huge crop of idiot 50's PvP'ing LOL

Personally, for an issue like this, if it is effecting people enough that they will "complain" about it, I don't see anything wrong with "complaining" about it. Or more accurately bringing attention to it and try to get some kind of solution for it. If it wasn't for the extreme differences in levels in the lowbie warzones, I wouldn't really care that much.

tho, im 100% certain that the people complaining about twinks will be coming back to the forums to complain about gear gaps in the 50 bracket.

I have three 50's and working on a 4th. I've never complained on the forums about the gear gap and never will(only grumble when I'm PvP'ing:p) Only other thing I've complained about that is even remotely related to this is the inconsistent rewards from warzones.

Edited by beattlebilly

Personally, for an issue like this, if it is effecting people enough that they will "complain" about it, I don't see anything wrong with "complaining" about it. Or more accurately bringing attention to it and try to get some kind of solution for it. If it wasn't for the extreme differences in levels in the lowbie warzones, I wouldn't really care that much.

I have three 50's and working on a 4th. I've never complained on the forums about the gear gap and never will(only grumble when I'm PvP'ing:p) Only other thing I've complained about that is even remotely related to this is the inconsistent rewards from warzones.

I have two level 50's. One is fully geared WH the other partially (rest BM gear). My shadow is level 47 - almost 48. I've never complained about a gear gap either (or anything PvP related actually) Go figure.

Oh and as for the number of twinks encountered - we have a hell of a lot more than one.

Edited by Seena

I can just see it now, 50 bracket getting flooded with incompetent PvP'ers(hell of a lot more than they have now) and all you PvP'ers that piss on lowbie PvP would be whining about the huge crop of idiot 50's PvP'ing LOL

and that would be different from now how???

and that would be different from now how???

A lot more whining posts about incompetent 50's. As it stands now, I don't see much about incompetent 50's, I see a lot of posts about what needs nerfed, what needs buffed, what to call/not call objectives in PvP, how certain classes are OP, or classes that are under powered and the team's going to suck if they are there, etc...., but not much about incompetent 50 PvP'ers. If people wait until 50 to PvP like you think they should, I predict a crap ton of posts about it LOL Why discourage/support the discouragement of lowbie PvP? It's where we learn to PvP, I think it should be supported more, not less. Learning is very important, no one magically becomes knowledgeable when they hit 50 and have all their talents, skills, and abilities available to them, so why is lowbie PvP so horrid to you that you think people should just skip it and wait until 50 to PvP/learn to PvP?

A lot more whining posts about incompetent 50's. As it stands now, I don't see much about incompetent 50's, I see a lot of posts about what needs nerfed, what needs buffed, what to call/not call objectives in PvP, how certain classes are OP, or classes that are under powered and the team's going to suck if they are there, etc...., but not much about incompetent 50 PvP'ers. If people wait until 50 to PvP like you think they should, I predict a crap ton of posts about it LOL Why discourage/support the discouragement of lowbie PvP? It's where we learn to PvP, I think it should be supported more, not less. Learning is very important, no one magically becomes knowledgeable when they hit 50 and have all their talents, skills, and abilities available to them, so why is lowbie PvP so horrid to you that you think people should just skip it and wait until 50 to PvP/learn to PvP?

my point was that 50 pvp is already filled with bads. everyone is just either busy whining for nerfs, or theyre in denial that they are one of the bads.

twinking is not an exploit. i have twinked my alts constantly with funding from my main toon. granted, my highest level alt is 37, but go figure.

if someone wants to spend an eternity in the lowbie bracket "pwning noobs", let them. lowbie pvp means nothing, and has no bearing on anything.

this community is one of the worst i have ever seen in an online game. if even the littlest thing upsets someone, they immediately run to the forums and cry for the devs to waste their time to fix it. the amount of cries for nerfs, changes, whining about hacks (which i have literally never seen in basically an entire year), etc is mind bottling.

how about you nut up, learn how to play, take your licks when you get beat, learn from mistakes, solve problems on your own, and just generally stop the incessant complaining.

QFTT

No one should wait until level 50 to PvP. No one. Unless they have already leveled a toon in that class.

twinking is not an exploit. i have twinked my alts constantly with funding from my main toon. granted, my highest level alt is 37, but go figure.

I don't think anyone on this thread ever said twinking was the exploit, or even the point of the thread period. The point of the thread is if it is exploiting, or some other behavior that is against TOS, to leave the WZ's to avoid gaining level to keep oneself at lvl 49 perpetually so they can be the "kings" of WZ's(presumably because they know they can't handle being lvl 50, and/or don't want to have that much competition)

if someone wants to spend an eternity in the lowbie bracket "pwning noobs", let them. lowbie pvp means nothing, and has no bearing on anything.

Why does lowbie PvP mean nothing? Why doesn't it have bearing on anything? You honestly believe that no one gets anything valuable out of lowbie PvP learning experiences?:rak_02:

this community is one of the worst i have ever seen in an online game. if even the littlest thing upsets someone, they immediately run to the forums and cry for the devs to waste their time to fix it. the amount of cries for nerfs, changes, whining about hacks (which i have literally never seen in basically an entire year), etc is mind bottling.

I can't really comment on this, I never really spent much time on other community forums LOL But while there are alot of people complaining, having legitimate issues and bringing them to light isn't a bad thing.

how about you nut up, learn how to play, take your licks when you get beat, learn from mistakes, solve problems on your own, and just generally stop the incessant complaining.

LOL so funny. I do know how to play, I do like to learn to play other classes if I make an alt so that is why I like to lowbie PvP, this isn't a problem that can be solved by players it's a problem to be solved by devs, and I'm not incessantly complaining while discussing this issue in pretty much the only thread I've seen about this issue.

I don't think anyone on this thread ever said twinking was the exploit, or even the point of the thread period. The point of the thread is if it is exploiting, or some other behavior that is against TOS, to leave the WZ's to avoid gaining level to keep oneself at lvl 49 perpetually so they can be the "kings" of WZ's(presumably because they know they can't handle being lvl 50, and/or don't want to have that much competition)

Why does lowbie PvP mean nothing? Why doesn't it have bearing on anything? You honestly believe that no one gets anything valuable out of lowbie PvP learning experiences?:rak_02:

I can't really comment on this, I never really spent much time on other community forums LOL But while there are alot of people complaining, having legitimate issues and bringing them to light isn't a bad thing.

LOL so funny. I do know how to play, I do like to learn to play other classes if I make an alt so that is why I like to lowbie PvP, this isn't a problem that can be solved by players it's a problem to be solved by devs, and I'm not incessantly complaining while discussing this issue in pretty much the only thread I've seen about this issue.

1. its twinking. granted, its an extreme version of twinking, but its twinking nonetheless. if they dont want to graduate to 50 pvp, who cares? you will outgrow them soon enough by hitting level 50

2. lowbie PvP means nothing because it is filled with people who are coasting for the XP or for learning how to play. lowbie PvP also provides players with a false sense of "balance" thanks to Bolster. real PvP, and real balance, and ranked PvP, are at 50.

3. constructive criticism is one thing. that is the rare exception to the rule on this forum unfortunately

4. see point 3. if someone posts a legitimate concern, with a legitimate opinion on what they think could solve the problem, its constructive. but posting "lol maras are so OP nerf that crap" is nothing but a whine. look at the majority of posts on this forum and tell me what you see more often.

none of that was directed at you really, just a general observation of the community at large and i didnt want to double post

Edited by cashogy

The point is, the idiocy of one person affects the entire other team. It's not fun getting eaten alive by a level 49 Sniper decked out in purple gear. It's only fun for that one person. Try it sometime if you don't believe me. If we don't put any effort into fixing these imbalances, PvP as a whole is going to suffer over time.

That being said, I don't believe this is a huge problem that needs to be addressed immediately other than assigning exp piece-meal throughout a warzone or making it so you can't leave a warzone without gaining any exp. I just ask the people who do this to take an hour of "me time" and contemplate the direction of their lives.

Of course lowbie PvP has great meaning. It prepares you for level 50 PvP. And running into barriers to lowbie PvP because of exploiters shouldn't happen - ever. No one should curtail their lower level PvP (where they learn HOW to PvP) --- because of someone else cheating/exploiting.

Anyone who says that lowbie PvP is meaningless clearly has no idea what the hell they are talking about. And I'd ignore just about any opinion they had at all when it comes to pvp. Just saying. (And the fact that the person in question can't even distinguish between complaining about non exploiting twinks and exploiting twinks -- is clearly illustrative of their overall ability to exercise sound judgement and reasoning.) Ya it's harsh - but I had to say it.

Edited by Seena

Of course lowbie PvP has great meaning. It prepares you for level 50 PvP. And running into barriers to lowbie PvP because of exploiters shouldn't happen - ever. No one should curtail their lower level PvP (where they learn HOW to PvP) --- because of someone else cheating/exploiting.

Anyone who says that lowbie PvP is meaningless clearly has no idea what the hell they are talking about. And I'd ignore just about any opinion they had at all when it comes to pvp. Just saying. (And the fact that the person in question can't even distinguish between complaining about non exploiting twinks and exploiting twinks -- is clearly illustrative of their overall ability to exercise sound judgement and reasoning.) Ya it's harsh - but I had to say it.

ouch, you have wounded my pride :rolleyes:

the twinks which you have been crying about in this thread are NOT exploiting. they are getting ZERO out of leaving warzones before they end. meanwhile, by finishing without them you get XP and are able to level up, and leave the lowbie bracket behind. real PvP starts at 50. lowbie PvP is there for nothinge except introducing you to the mechanics, and giving you an alternate way to gain XP. other than that, it has no bearing on overall play because winning or losing has no real meaning; you get XP either way. not to mention the Bolster effect gives players a false sense of gear equality (except in the case of moron 49 twinkers), which leads to QQ when people hit 50.

if someone wants to waste their time fooling around trolling people in the lowbie bracket, that is their own prerogative. if youre in a WZ with someone doing that, and you dont like it, you can do 2 things: leave, and get no XP, effectively wasting your own time; or you can stick it out, accept the fact that whoever twinking like that was not hugged enough as a child, collect your XP and eventually hit level 50 and leave them behind.

call me bad if you want, tho youre only stating the obvious. my sig is pretty clear on where i sit on the uberness scale.

bottomline is that this is just another thing to whine about. bioware should absolutely not waste time on the lowbie bracket; its a place to learn mechanics and level, nothing more. endgame PvP should be the driving factor behind warzones changes.

ouch, you have wounded my pride :rolleyes:

the twinks which you have been crying about in this thread are NOT exploiting. they are getting ZERO out of leaving warzones before they end. meanwhile, by finishing without them you get XP and are able to level up, and leave the lowbie bracket behind. real PvP starts at 50. lowbie PvP is there for nothinge except introducing you to the mechanics, and giving you an alternate way to gain XP. other than that, it has no bearing on overall play because winning or losing has no real meaning; you get XP either way. not to mention the Bolster effect gives players a false sense of gear equality (except in the case of moron 49 twinkers), which leads to QQ when people hit 50.

if someone wants to waste their time fooling around trolling people in the lowbie bracket, that is their own prerogative. if youre in a WZ with someone doing that, and you dont like it, you can do 2 things: leave, and get no XP, effectively wasting your own time; or you can stick it out, accept the fact that whoever twinking like that was not hugged enough as a child, collect your XP and eventually hit level 50 and leave them behind.

call me bad if you want, tho youre only stating the obvious. my sig is pretty clear on where i sit on the uberness scale.

bottomline is that this is just another thing to whine about. bioware should absolutely not waste time on the lowbie bracket; its a place to learn mechanics and level, nothing more. endgame PvP should be the driving factor behind warzones changes.

Lowbie PvP is valueless to you, but that doesn't automatically make any issue that crops up in it unworthy of discussion and possibly fixing.

Lowbie PvP is valueless to you, but that doesn't automatically make any issue that crops up in it unworthy of discussion and possibly fixing.

i told you what the value of it is: learn the mechanics of PvP, and level up so you can get to endgame PvP. the people who say that the lowbie bracket is more fun or better or whatever, are the same people that complain about gear imbalances in the 50 bracket (not that they are completely wrong, but if they actually played in the 50 bracket they would get their gear).

bioware's priority for PvP should be overall class balance (no more nerfs ffs, establish a base-line and bring classes up to that), then endgame open world PvP.

lowbie warzones are merely a mechanism for getting to endgame.

I'll admit, sometimes I spend a lot longer than I should making gear for someone at a level lower than 50. It's very entertaining to play through a nearly equal level flashpoint with just your companions. But I never try to stop them from levelling.

twinking is not an exploit.

You are correct, twinking is not an exploit, and no one has said it is.

The exploit comes with indefinite twinking, which is done/caused by leaving a warzone before the end, to avoid the rewards. While this is hard for a player to prove 100%, I believe the OP mentioned things like "Observing several 49's leaving just before the end, repeatedly."

So as you say, twinks are not an exploit, nor is the concept of twinking being discussed here.

As "benefits" are subjective, one could make an argument that these Infinite Twinks (the act of remaining a twink indefinitely)are benefiting in personal reasons (ie. E-peen, Roflstomping, etc...), and that the act of -not- getting conventional rewards allows them to continue receiving their own personal benefits. If their personal benfits are disruptive to others, and are not part of natural gameplay, then it's a problem.

TL-DR: Twinks aren't exploits, Staying a Twink indefinitely is. That's what's being argued and you are arguing using missunderstood terms/concepts.

You are correct, twinking is not an exploit, and no one has said it is.

The exploit comes with indefinite twinking, which is done/caused by leaving a warzone before the end, to avoid the rewards. While this is hard for a player to prove 100%, I believe the OP mentioned things like "Observing several 49's leaving just before the end, repeatedly."

So as you say, twinks are not an exploit, nor is the concept of twinking being discussed here.

As "benefits" are subjective, one could make an argument that these Infinite Twinks (the act of remaining a twink indefinitely)are benefiting in personal reasons (ie. E-peen, Roflstomping, etc...), and that the act of -not- getting conventional rewards allows them to continue receiving their own personal benefits. If their personal benfits are disruptive to others, and are not part of natural gameplay, then it's a problem.

TL-DR: Twinks aren't exploits, Staying a Twink indefinitely is. That's what's being argued and you are arguing using missunderstood terms/concepts.

staying a twink indefinitely is not an exploit. if someone wants to leave a warzone every time so they dont level up to 50, where PvP actually has some semblance of meaning, thats their own choice. maybe they werent hugged enough as a child and enjoy trolling people in video games, it doesnt matter why they do it.

you get XP regardless of winning or losing. eventually, by finishing warzones you will leave the sub-50 bracket, and never have to see those evil infinite twinkers again. if you cant handle bullies on the interwebz, i dont know what to tell you. it is not bioware's job to make sure nobody ever hurts your feelings by repeatedly beating you in a warzone.

if youre whining this much about a gear imbalance in the sub-50 bracket, i cant imagine what your opinion of 50 pvp is.

enough of the whining. either finish grinding your wzs to get to 50, or level a different way. its not like the wzs are too complicated to figure out after a couple of warzones in the 50 brackter