Please put Theron's hair back the way it was...WHY WHY WHY Would you do such a thing?

Lunafox

An ugly haircut for an ugly guy. Makes perfect sense. His hair was bad already, there's not that much of a difference.

Rude!!

But yes, his hair was bad before. I don't think he's ugly though, not my type however.:rak_03: Maybe if half his face melts off.

I do think the new hair suits him well, made him a lot more interesting. I hope they give us a customisation options for it.

Edited by Eshvara

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if half his face melts off.

It hadn't already? He was born like that? Oh dear.

I hope they give us a customisation options for it.

Yes indeed. All companions (Star Fortress, Cartel Market, promotional, etc.) should be given an amount of options similar to the vanilla ones I think.

It hadn't already? He was born like that? Oh dear.

Yes indeed. All companions (Star Fortress, Cartel Market, promotional, etc.) should be given an amount of options similar to the vanilla ones I think.

Could work, but it would probably have to stay minimal for someone like Theron. Often customisations for Companions have appearances that are quite different from their "original" version. Like Raina Temple originally is black, but you can also make her white if you want to. It'd be weird if you can make Theron black, with him having the parents he does.:rak_03:

So they'd have to keep it at just hairstyles I think! I don't think it matters much for characters like Lana, she's just a character with no real ties.

Theron is clearly suffering from a mid life crisis. You've all seen it before. The 50yr old man child who still rocks his jeans and combs his hair like he was back in the days.

He's working and changing his appearance to infiltrate is part of his job. That's why the hair doesn't bother me.

He's working and changing his appearance to infiltrate is part of his job. That's why the hair doesn't bother me.

That's what I'm assuming too but it's still weird. He didn't have the tire tracks when he first joined the Order and what crazy people say "Hey, change your hair or YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!" :p

Valss seemed a bit young, maybe Theron was trying to be cool for him or something dumb like that.

Could work, but it would probably have to stay minimal for someone like Theron. Often customisations for Companions have appearances that are quite different from their "original" version. Like Raina Temple originally is black, but you can also make her white if you want to. It'd be weird if you can make Theron black, with him having the parents he does.:rak_03:

I tend to agree, but there's already precedent for ignoring family genetics. Vette and Elara comes to mind. Plus only you really see your version of Theron anyway; one of KoT's big flaws, imo, is that you always see your version of a companion in the cut scenes, rather than that of the party member whose story is in progress. Outside of cut scenes it shouldn't matter much what anyone else's Theron looks like as they're just called Player X's Companion and if you still recognize them then it's immersion breaking enough that there's more than one anyway.

I tend to agree, but there's already precedent for ignoring family genetics. Vette and Elara comes to mind. Plus only you really see your version of Theron anyway; one of KoT's big flaws, imo, is that you always see your version of a companion in the cut scenes, rather than that of the party member whose story is in progress. Outside of cut scenes it shouldn't matter much what anyone else's Theron looks like as they're just called Player X's Companion and if you still recognize them then it's immersion breaking enough that there's more than one anyway.

How are Vette and Elara ignoring family genetics?

How are Vette and Elara ignoring family genetics?

You can have a say, red or green Vette, while her sister and mother are blue. Elara's brother also shows up during her missions, and if you've picked a customization with a different ethnicity for her, he won't match. So a Theron customization that makes him radically different make as much/little sense as other companions.

You can have a say, red or green Vette, while her sister and mother are blue. Elara's brother also shows up during her missions, and if you've picked a customization with a different ethnicity for her, he won't match. So a Theron customization that makes him radically different make as much/little sense as other companions.

It's just that the "Shan legacy" is a bit different. Satele had dark skin in the early trailers, they changed her to white for a reason. I don't think ramdon side companions matter much. But that's just what I think.

Edited by Eshvara

...and now I'm picturing the redesign going like this.

Dramatization :p

BioWare: Hey, Theron. C'mere.

Theron: What is it? *cautiously sidles closer*

BioWare: Well, in light of your newfound "everybody hates you" status--

Theron: Whose fault would THAT be!? :mad:

BioWare: *shifty eyes* Ahem. In light of your new situation, we thought we'd give you a new haircut! Totally free! :D

Theron: ...uh-huh.

BioWare: No, really! It's free. It really is. No strings attached. We'll even throw in a shiny new outfit!

Theron: I'm...still a little suspicious, but...ehhhhhhh...........okay, I'll--

BioWare: GREAT!!! :rak_04:

Theron: O_o

*distant engine sputtering*

Theron: What the...

*giant tractor comes speeding over the horizon, bearing down on him*

Theron: :eek: OHCRAPHOHCRAPOHCRAP--

*k-smoosh!*

Theron: *is left with a slightly flattened head and tire-track marks in place of hair; his faux-hawk is now an actual mohawk and is standing straight up from where it was plastered against the ground when the tractor ran over it* .....wh-what just...h-happened...

BioWare: Free haircut. :D Now off to Copero with ye!

Theron: *groaning* I am never trusting you guys again....

I am non-figuratively shrieking with laughter right now OMG :D I can't breathe!

That may well be one of BioWare's "brilliant" ideas but it doesn't make any sense. He's not in disguise, they know who he is, they know what he looked like. He's infiltrating as himself, not as "Spike 'Tigershark' Maverick" the like totally cool, coolguy who is like edgy and cool and totes not over 30. What purpose would randomly changing his hair serve? My Agent didn't have to change his hair when he started betraying the Empire for the Republic at the end of his class story.

That may well be one of BioWare's "brilliant" ideas but it doesn't make any sense. He's not in disguise, they know who he is, they know what he looked like. He's infiltrating as himself, not as "Spike 'Tigershark' Maverick" the like totally cool, coolguy who is like edgy and cool and totes not over 30. What purpose would randomly changing his hair serve? My Agent didn't have to change his hair when he started betraying the Empire for the Republic at the end of his class story.

Theron's redesign isn't really related to the plot, it was just a chance that an artist was given to redesign the character and whenever given that opportunity creative types tend to take it. Lana was redesigned too although that seemed to be because everyone kept complaining about how bad her head model looked, which looked like it came out of a different game entirely, and the unfortunately didn't go back and replace her Forged Alliances character model with her KOTFE one.

Theron's redesign isn't really related to the plot, it was just a chance that an artist was given to redesign the character and whenever given that opportunity creative types tend to take it. Lana was redesigned too although that seemed to be because everyone kept complaining about how bad her head model looked, which looked like it came out of a different game entirely, and the unfortunately didn't go back and replace her Forged Alliances character model with her KOTFE one.

Sadly, they go off and change stuff that doesn't need changing. Theron's model was fine. All we wanted was a change of clothing. Not his iconic womprat haircut. :(

Edited by Lunafox

Sadly, they go off and change stuff that doesn't need changing. Theron's model was fine. All we wanted was a change of clothing. Not his iconic womprat haircut. :(

I feel like every existing companion/NPC should have had a new look after 5 years or a new companion customization that was some kind of tweak to their existing look suggesting/showing that time had passed instead of making them (the companions) a walking advertisement for a set of gear that was in whatever new cartel pack was out at that time, especially when their new outfit/armor didn't even fit their character/design in most cases (Talos, etc)

Then at least if you wanted their default look back you could just unequip the customization. Sort of similar to what they did with characters like Koth and Senya when they made them customizable.

Or provide a customization for him to be back to his old self. (Two people actually like that thing...) This new hair is awful. I swear...do you do this just to troll us? Is this out of retaliation for the server name thing?

Fine, I get it, you win. We can't say anything about anything, because you'll find a way to get the last laugh. :mad::(

It's like before KOTFE came out, you deliberately kept Theron out of sight for months making us wonder if he survived the long sleep....

Then you take him away...

Now this.

There needs to be a weeping icon.:jawa_frown:

I would've responded sooner, but I was on a 3 day forced sabbatical for basically calling a spade a spade. Anyway, when we get him back - and I'm sure we will since he's probably on a self assigned super secret mission - it'll probably be like newer Lana and Senya, and be just a companion customization that you can take off to revert him back to his original look.