Crafting in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As we discussed yesterday on the livestream, one of the goals of crafting is that it will be a mechanism where someone can gear up an alt, catch up to their friends, or even gear an off-spec. With the launch of Eternal Throne you will find that there is a new grade of materials and higher level items which can be learned from your Crafting Trainer. For endgame crafting, the intent is that you will be able to craft items which are within 2 item rating of the best gear in that tier, but without a set bonus. The exception to this rule is tier 1, where you will be able to craft items equivalent to the best item rating in that tier. All of the gear that you craft in this matter will be static, meaning that you cannot move mods. However, crafters will also be able to craft mods of those same item levels.

If that is confusing let me give you some examples using made up numbers from Fallen Empire:

Tier 1 – 216 with set bonus

Tier 2 – 220 with set bonus

Tier 3 – 224 with set bonus

You would be able to craft at the following ratings:

Tier 1 – 216 without a set bonus

Tier 2 – 218 without a set bonus

Tier 3 – 222 without a set bonus

Let’s talk about how you get access to craft these items.

Gear: You will earn the schematics to craft gear from their respective Command Crates. Ex: You will get schematics to craft tier 1 gear inside of tier 1 Command Crates. These schematics will require materials earned from Conquests in order to craft them.

Mods: You will earn the schematics to craft mods through either reverse engineering the mod, PvP, or looting the schematic from an Operation boss. These schematics will require materials earned from Operations or PvP in order to craft them.

This is a summary of how crafting relates to gearing in Eternal Throne. Let me know if you have any questions.

-eric

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean that you can only craft "222" mods, no "224" mods?

What about earpieces/implants/relics, are those craftable on the same level as Tier 3 Command gear?

Also, what about the Crystal of Nightmare Fury, will it require the mats from Operations/PvP, or something else?

Edited by Jerba

Eric!!!

Speaking for myself and other artificers who DON'T conquest, will we still be able to craft relics using mats gained from OPS, and NOT those from conquest?

For example, right now we can reverse engineer the "Ops Level" 220 relics, and then craft them with some number of the mats that drop in ops (3 Dark Matter Catalysts, etc) but the conquest mat is NOT required.

Is this still possible? I sincerely hope it is!

--Mop

Hold on. The current highest gear rating is 224 with set bonus. Does this mean, we will not be getting gear higher than this at lv 70? If we're already wearing 224, we're automatically already full geared?

No, he said that he was using made up numbers from "Fallen Empire", aka 4.0. Eternal Throne will have increased gear levels (such as 228, 232, 236).

Mods: You will earn the schematics to craft mods through either reverse engineering the mod, PvP, or looting the schematic from an Operation boss. These schematics will require materials earned from Operations or PvP in order to craft them.

Would it be correct to say:

1. I obtain a piece of Tier 3 gear from a command crate.

2. I tear out an enhancement with rating XXX.

3. I Reverse Engineer that enhancement, and successfully learn the schematic.

4. I can now craft that enhancement, but it has a rating of (XXX - 2)

?

Edited by Khevar

Would it be correct to say:

1. I obtain a piece of Tier 3 gear from a command crate.

2. I tear out an enhancement with rating XXX.

3. I Reverse Engineer that enhancement, and successfully learn the schematic.

4. I can now craft that enhancement, but it has a rating of (XXX - 2)

?

No, reread the first paragraph, the last sentence :)

So, whereas before, to get started off in the first tier of crafting gear, we could craft with normal materials, thus allowing us to gear up in a "starter" set quickly, now we are being forced to participate in the crappy conquests system just to craft the first tier of gear?

Unbelievable...

So, whereas before, to get started off in the first tier of crafting gear, we could craft with normal materials, thus allowing us to gear up in a "starter" set quickly, now we are being forced to participate in the crappy conquests system just to craft the first tier of gear?

Unbelievable...

Answer: Incorrect. You must take part in the awesome Galactic Command by doing whatever you want to do.

Answer: Incorrect. You must take part in the awesome Galactic Command by doing whatever you want to do.

Really?

"Let’s talk about how you get access to craft these items.

Gear: You will earn the schematics to craft gear from their respective Command Crates. Ex: You will get schematics to craft tier 1 gear inside of tier 1 Command Crates. These schematics will require materials earned from Conquests in order to craft them."

Looks like GC to get schematic, Conquests to get mats. It is not like that now for tier 1 stuff.

Edited by Degan

Lets see if I got this correct.

I need either to be forced to PVP/Ops/Conquest to be able to get schems to craft?.

or worse, I need the above to craft items in the end.

I was here long before there even WAS crafting in this game, we had long talks about BW adding crafting in the first place back in what 2009/2010. Now I'm starting to regret that.

as for how you get schematics, you should NEVER force anyone to take part in something that's not crafting releated in order to craft in the first place.

I can understand and agree about the 2 rare mats. But that is also the end of the line as far as that goes.

to FORCE ppl to take part in a system that was broken from day ONE, Conquest is wrong in so many ways, you TRIED once already to force crafters to take part in that, seems you FAILED that one, as far as I go you really did since I haven't done a conquest ONCE in order to craft anything what so ever.

Stick to the old ways, give us schematics from trainers, sure cut 2 tiers and remove bonus, I don't think 99% would care really.

IF you do the system as I read into it, forcing me and those that do LOVE to craft even IF the system is broken well Dev team, for me at least that will be the last and final nail you put in.

I think most regardless if we are pvp, raid, crafter, getting tiered or your lack of vision in the end, you ASSUME way to much and it's NEVER a good idea to FORCE anyone to do ANYTHING, it will ALWAYS backfire, regardless of why, be it albit a game or in real life, FORCE anyone to do something in this fashion and you will lose.

Sincerly

Thanks for the info!

Gear: You will earn the schematics to craft gear from their respective Command Crates. Ex: You will get schematics to craft tier 1 gear inside of tier 1 Command Crates. These schematics will require materials earned from Conquests in order to craft them.

Could you offer an alternative to conquest for obtaining the materials needed? Doing Conquest successfully is too dependent on circumstances that are beyond one player's control imo.

Stick to the old ways, give us schematics from trainers, sure cut 2 tiers and remove bonus, I don't think 99% would care really.

IF you do the system as I read into it, forcing me and those that do LOVE to craft even IF the system is broken well Dev team, for me at least that will be the last and final nail you put in.

I think most regardless if we are pvp, raid, crafter, getting tiered or your lack of vision in the end, you ASSUME way to much and it's NEVER a good idea to FORCE anyone to do ANYTHING, it will ALWAYS backfire, regardless of why, be it albit a game or in real life, FORCE anyone to do something in this fashion and you will lose.

Sincerly

From what I remember of crafting you had to do ops to get most of the items to reverse to get the schems and schems used to be much harder to get in re'ing than they are now. And you could never craft the Nim gear equivalent, but they are letting you get 2 tiers under, closest we've ever been to crafting nim gear.

Edited by Krazhez

Could you offer an alternative to conquest for obtaining the materials needed? Doing Conquest successfully is too dependent on circumstances that are beyond one player's control imo.

No it's not. Personal conquest can be done whether you place or not on the board. Now if you're referring to dead servers, oh well BW has already stated they don't care about you guys, in other words.

What will happen to the old grade 9 mats? Both the green/blue/purple stuff, as well as the DMCs and Strategic Resources Matrixes (and Exotic Isotopes). Will we be able to turn them in or otherwise convert them to the new mats?

Yeah that's what I'd like to know.

Will we get the converting vendor up for a week or so??

Granted I really doubt they will as last time it was because the level change was so fast from the past one. This one has been over a year now.