Change in Phantom Menace

Toxen

I was very happy when I noticed that on my Blu-Rays. I get what they were trying to do, make Yoda look forty years younger, but they only succeeded in making him not look like Yoda.

Besides, if your race can live to be 900 years old, is 40 years really going to make a significant change to your appearance?

I was very happy when I noticed that on my Blu-Rays. I get what they were trying to do, make Yoda look forty years younger, but they only succeeded in making him not look like Yoda.

Besides, if your race can live to be 900 years old, is 40 years really going to make a significant change to your appearance?

And let's be honest here. While we dislike edits to the OT because it was done right the first time, the prequels need as much improvement as they can get!

I'll qualified disagree with you on that. The improved dogfights in ANH are great, as is the busier Mos Eisley, Biggs, and Jabba. The Sarlacc is so-so. "You were lucky to get out of there" instead of "You were lucky you don't taste very good" and the whole Han/Greedo thing. . . not so much.

I'll qualified disagree with you on that. The improved dogfights in ANH are great, as is the busier Mos Eisley, Biggs, and Jabba. The Sarlacc is so-so. "You were lucky to get out of there" instead of "You were lucky you don't taste very good" and the whole Han/Greedo thing. . . not so much.

Now I'll admit, the Jabba scene in EP IV made sense because it was a scene that was originally shot but then edited out. Sure, Jabba was originally a human but logically they had to change that because it wouldn't make sense when we saw him as a worm dude in EP VI. Plus it showed us a scene between Han and Jabba that would have otherwise been lost to the cutting room floor.

But, I found other changes, such as the mos eisley "critters", the music changed and added a dance number in Jabba's Palace for no apparent reason was taking it too far.

Oh, and adding a shockwave ring to the death star explosion...did that make it more "explodey"?