Strongholds is Bioware's biggest victory since before Makeb

ZionHalcyon

and that's a tough thing for me to say because there isn't any story contents other than Manaan. however the level of socialization put into this update reveals something the game previously lacked.

an entire social aspect has just been put into the game and strongholds have easily become the best quest hub for players due to their convenience crafters as well have been given more of a role that they never truly had once the game designers changed direction away from craftables and towards loot drops.

I myself feel that there does need to be more story and that there needs to be more content that is soloable or can be done with a player and his or her companions. perhaps if they ever implemented a way for tacticals to be completed by a player and three of their companions of their choice for the sole purpose of those tacticals, then I could see them going forward using flashpoints to drive story.

However, given that it is very unlikely, there does need to be more story going forward for those solo players and hopefully 3.0 will deliver much needed story that has not been seen since Makeb and probably before.

That being said, it is extremely positive seeing the depth of what has been otherwise seemingly a simple update. SWG ************ aside, this update has been something very solid, very needed, and something that people will not realize until they can't live without, how important this was to the game.

if this is the new direction from EA and the new producer for SWTOR then color me impressed and I am someone who has not been impressed by this game in at least a couple of years.

here's to hoping that they can deliver on 3.0 and hoping that they gain confidence enough to start communicating better with the players on what is upcoming.

I agree. The housing system is way more addictive than I thought it would be. Well played, Bioware. Well played.

I stayed up all night decorating my homes. I looked at my clock and it was 8 30 in the morning. I went into work at 2 pm after oversleeping.

Bioware is going to get me fired!

Edited by Finrok

I was only able to log a few hours yesterday, but it was long enough to know that GSH is pretty darn slick. Also long enough to know it will take me, a casual player, many moons to properly decorate my Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace. And I'm good with that.

And to think this is just the tip of the iceberg. Just the beginning. Who knows where GSH will go next. But I think it's a solid foundation.

I disagree. This housing system is just a simple toy to entertain. Sure some find it funny, but this has nothing to do with the game; well, is placed in Star Wars universe. Great visual design, technically easy to play, but way out of what the game is. From stories to stores.

Oricon is much bigger victory: story driven missions, some good challenges until very well geared (replayable) and 2 new operations (linked to the story), not forgetting the usual amazing visual and sound design.

I disagree. This housing system is just a simple toy to entertain. Sure some find it funny, but this has nothing to do with the game; well, is placed in Star Wars universe. Great visual design, technically easy to play, but way out of what the game is. From stories to stores.

Oricon is much bigger victory: story driven missions, some good challenges until very well geared (replayable) and 2 new operations (linked to the story), not forgetting the usual amazing visual and sound design.

I am a story guy too, but your view is myopic.

The social implications of this update loom large.

Lol, I was at it for about 17 hours yesterday, constantly switching between alts to get crafting/crew skills started and decorating. By 6am, my eyes were feeling funny and I forced myself to get to bed. @.@

This about sums me up, and I was bouncing around between all 4 SH... this will keep me occupied for months... so glad I have one of each crafter... lol

SWG ************ aside, this update has been something very solid, very needed, and something that people will not realize until they can't live without, how important this was to the game.

You know....for someone that wants folks to stop talking about SWG, you sure do mention it quite a bit.....