Framerate in WZ's

mjomasta

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested on Alderaan, my GPU usage during the warm up is 50%, fps is 60 , after flying down then fighting GPU usage is 15% and framerate stays at 15 - 20 fps. Clearly some bug where the card is not hardly being used, BW please look into this? My card is a GTX470

Edit - Just tested on Skyrim, GPU usage is 80 - 90% all the time.

Edited by rentonso

I think it's the engine.

Technically, the framerate should improve if you turn down the settings and resolution, but for myself, regardless of the resolution/settings, the FPS stay the same.

Unlike games like Battlefield 3, reducing the resolution is an increase of 10+ FPS.

I still cant believe the devs haven't addressed this. Every time I turn around I'm finding someone else in the game who has this framerate issue in WZ's. come on BW tell us something!!

This is the most frustrating part, obviously there is a problem with the optimization of their game, specifically in WZs, and I'm wiling to wait for them to fix it... Except I don't even know if they're aware of it, because they wont respond at all, despite myself and others making/adding to posts just like this one.

Where are you at bioware?

Same issues here

60 steady FPS pretty much anywhere I PvE. Even busy cities only drop to maybe 40-45.

ANY warzone, and im sitting around 25 FPS. Even if im the only one in the area.

Seems to me that the netcode for Warzones is horrible, the game shouldnt have to make your computer keep track of every little thing the other players are doing on the other side of the map, or render particles from someones force power when they are 300 meters away and behind a wall. (thats what it seems like its doing).

Well as well as many others my FPS is fine outside of warzones

But inside, especially Alderran (its ok untill the 3 gunbatteries are firing, then it drops to 10ish fps.. shut them off!)

Hopefully its something they will look at sooner rather then later at least.

Well as well as many others my FPS is fine outside of warzones

But inside, especially Alderran (its ok untill the 3 gunbatteries are firing, then it drops to 10ish fps.. shut them off!)

Hopefully its something they will look at sooner rather then later at least.

I have the exact same problem, Alderaan is barely playable.

I get decent frames anywhere else in the world (40-80) but in a bg im almost always under 30. iI realize the fact that all the action between players would have a degree of impact on that but is anyone else experiencing similar symptoms?

I can't say I have had a problem. I run around 60FPS in WZ. 80-100 in world. Probably has to do with the proximity of players and complexity of the lighting effects.

there is a huge memory leak i checked during a huttball match because apparently the client crashed i was at over 3 gig of ram .... that way overboard. i have 8 gig total. I guess there is too much detail for exemple on the wz with canon hitting the ship those could be background video instead of real particule shooting everywhere... they need to reduce the details on those map to improve the frame rate... they could use some trick as above

I experience lag so bad it seems like it is running at 1 FPS making it completely unplayable. So far it only happens when I'm in PvP. My system runs skyrim on high settings and I'm running SWTOR all low with no shadows. I'm currently using:

AMD phenom 9600 x4 (2.3Ghz)

nvidia gtx560 ti

Edited by akodiakbear

That gives me some hope, then.

If it's happening across so many various builds, then it's probably something they're going to fix very soon...

It was fine in beta, after all.

got i7 and gtx470+ 8gb ram.. Cannot play WZ anymore.. Havent played the game since 24th dec..

Edited by MEdiKLEZ

In open world its perfect no problems.

In WZ. Especially Alderan(unplayable) its a significant drop.

Even when FPS is not spiking low, people are blinking around the area which frankly looks stupid and is near impossible to do anything with especially as a melee class.

In open world its perfect no problems.

In WZ. Especially Alderan(unplayable) its a significant drop.

Even when FPS is not spiking low, people are blinking around the area which frankly looks stupid and is near impossible to do anything with especially as a melee class.

There is no open world pvp though. I can guarantee that open world pvp would be laggy as heck too.

Note: I am not talking about 1vs1 ganking etc.