Should we all late preorders cancel?

Ariadna

I preordered November 30th, redeemed my code the same day. I believe that would put me in the right demographic.

Personally, I'm going to wait things out. Even a WEEK before this I was already expecting that I would get in at around Saturday or so. It was clear as day from the notices Bioware were giving out if people just took the time to understand it and not let personal preference color their judgement / logic.

Access before Saturday would be gravy. :D

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most if not all the preorders will be greanted by the 15th. While I am abit erked about it. Im not really all that worried as long as I get it by the 15th which is what they are announcing 5 days early is the 15th. I never even anticipated this 13th fiasco so im good for now

Everyone will be getting at least one day of Early Game Access - unless you pre-order on the 19th, in which case it could be less depending on the speed of your game download, etc. If you do pre-order less than a day before we end Early Game Access, you'll get access granted very soon after you redeem your pre-order code.

So confirmed that even though extra days were given out, there will still be people who will not be able to play during the 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th.

If that's the case, why can't waves of invites continue to be sent out each hour? Why must you end it before the day is done? I don't see what could possibly be gained from doing a couple waves a day.

Edited by AkilZodiac

considering is very unlikely that we get an email sent before the 20th (release date) what's the point of preordering then?

in my opinion this staggering system for early access, defeats the purpose of doing a preorder now.

should i just cancel my preorder and wait till the 20th ?

you will get at least 1 day

Everyone will be getting at least one day of Early Game Access - unless you pre-order on the 19th, in which case it could be less depending on the speed of your game download, etc. If you do pre-order less than a day before we end Early Game Access, you'll get access granted very soon after you redeem your pre-order code.

Ok, that pretty much turns early access to a waste of time.

It doesn't matter if you cancel.

You still have the preorder code and will be invited. It doesn't matter if yu have an active order as long as your preorder code is redeemed.

Ok, that pretty much turns early access to a waste of time.

Nobody's fault but the person who waited until last minute.

Edited by Beatmiser

considering is very unlikely that we get an email sent before the 20th (release date) what's the point of preordering then?

in my opinion this staggering system for early access, defeats the purpose of doing a preorder now.

Yes you should cancel. You're too challenged to play anyhow.

So confirmed that even though extra days were given out, there will still be people who will not be able to play during the 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th.

If that's the case, why can't waves of invites continue to be sent out each hour? Why must you end it before the day is done? I don't see what could possibly be gained from doing a couple waves a day.

I don't think this is a bad idea.

I mean, just do waves every 2-3 hours until everyone is in.

Bioware,

Your efforts must be doubled, work nightshifts if you must! Drink redbull, it gives you wings!

I don't see a reason to cancel a pre-order if you are going to play anyways when the game launches. You are paying the same price either way. Whether you pay $60 on the 20th or after, or paid $5 previously and then pay $55 on launch day, it all cost the same. Unless you want to wait for a store to have a sale, or when the game goes down in price naturally in a year or so.

I don't think this is a bad idea.

I mean, just do waves every 2-3 hours until everyone is in.

Bioware,

Your efforts must be doubled, work nightshifts if you must! Drink redbull, it gives you wings!

Nothing severe like that.

I just don't see what's unreasonable with continuing to send out invites until the end of their work day atleast. I mean, they have much ground to cover, so I don't see the benefit in breaking it up in to really small invite chunks.

Edited by AkilZodiac

Yes, you should cancel.

Are you serious? They're letting folks in two extra days early. We haven't even hit the 5 day early mark yet which was the most time promised at preorder and you're already whining?

This ...

Seriously, there's more to life than not getting in first in a new mmo, which hasn't even actually launched yet!

Nothing severe like that.

I just don't see what's unreasonable with continuing sending out invites until the end of their work day atleast. I mean, they have a very large ground to cover, so I don't see the benefit in breaking it up in to really small invite chunks.

I doubt anyone is getting much time off at launch anyway. :) I bet a lot of the Bioware staff are pulling all nighters.

I just think maybe they should surprise us by sneaking a bunch of us in when we aren't expecting it.

Edited by XOrionX

If I don't get in the game by the 15th, then I'll cancel my pre-order. Simple as that

WHY! The point of the pre-order is just to get the game, the early game access was a BONUS. Wow, if people can't figure this out, how will you ever read and understand all the text in the game....oh wait, it talks to you, damn, bring on the morons.

Edited by TheOzzmanDPG