Shadows and Scoundrels

Marisblood

I really laugh at people throwing out wild claims that DPS scoundrels are great. Anyone who can do well on a scoundrel can do MUCH better as a shadow. Play a DPS scoundrel before you make wild accusations about it being a solid class, and not just 1-49 like so many people like to do.

Come back to me when you've PvPed for a year and progression raided for a year on a DPS scoundrel. You can't call a class fine when the overwhelming majority says its not and blame it on everyone not having enough skill. There is nothing a DPS scoundrel can do that a shadow can't do better.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get what soundrels/operatives are complaining about either. They have the most OP tree in the game, the heal tree, and their dps trees are doing what they're supposed to do. It's a 1 vs 1 class and they can still burn people down while stunning back to back ( I don't know if that is a bug but I was stunned from full health to death by one yesterday with no option of breaking it). Operatives can atleast play the objective by guarding while commandos are total garbage, just like the sage tele tree. The balance tree isnt much to cheer about either, no survivability and poor force management. Hence, if you don't have a tree that place in top three, or even top five, of trees to be fixed you shouldnt complain.

The real problem is probably, just as for shadows, that operative dps require a bit more from the player.

-When i shoot first a player, instead of 1,5 knokdown it takes him 3 seconds minimum to succed to stand up and fight me back (if he have bad luck and he gets buged i kill him and he cant stand up at all- ATENTION BIOWARE THIS BUG IS UNFIXED SINCE 1.1). Then u can uses dodge and HP recovery style, with 4 sec kik and granade if needed. Vanish when his resolve bar is empty then strike him back with shoot first again but no HP recovery style but burst style so u kill him in seconds. On my realm on 1v1 tournaments, first is a JKG then operative or tanky sin.

-As sin kik dont take 2 seconds but less so players are able to fight back fster then in scoundrel situations. Here is a bug too but it pop less then in scoundrel cases.

The point is stunlock is a BUG not fixed since 1.1. And the bug rfer to the ability of a player to stand up and fight back. Is not 1,5 sec but 3 sec minimum or at all if the bug goes on. Cheers.:D

Shoot first (8 sec CD) is far better then kik (1 minute), dodge (4 sec) vs resilience (3 sec) is better, recuperate give them HP recovery, they also have Underworld Medicine, Kolto Pack, Diagnostic scan as healing, tendon blast keep the target in place, slow from shadow only slow for 50%.

This right here just screams to me that you don't play a Scoundrel/Operative. You're quoting Diagnostic Scan as one of the reasons why Scoundrel is better than Shadow? It's like you're reading the Scoundrel's abilities list and then torturing them until it fabricates reasons why it's better than what you got.

For Diagnostic Scan to be minimally effective it needs to be specced, which is mid healing tree; once fully specced you only really use it for the really tiny energy regen during low-risk opportunities. For tendon blast to root, it needs to be specced, which is mid scrapper tree. Now, if you're telling me as a DPS sin you can't take out a HYBRID Scoundrel (Scoundrel does not have great synergy between trees, and as a result is arguably the worst advanced class to hybridize with detrimental effects), well, that tells a lot about you actually.

Edited by Sanctioned