Darth Sidious vs Abeloth

BrandonSM

Abeloth! You really need to read the books to truely understand but Abeloth isn't really a person. She can absorb people into her and change her form at will.

The best way I can think to explain it is this : Darth Sidious is a demon and Abeloth is the Devil.

Anyway read the books they are really good IMO.

Abeloth! You really need to read the books to truely understand but Abeloth isn't really a person. She can absorb people into her and change her form at will.

The best way I can think to explain it is this : Darth Sidious is a demon and Abeloth is the Devil.

Anyway read the books they are really good IMO.

Absorb weak minded people and not very strong Jedi. I doubt she could absorb Sidious. And what advantage does changing form have in a battle?

Sidious was immortal, Abeloth was immortal.

By being in the presence of Sidious lots of Force Sensitives(When he wasn't hiding) were almost engulfed into full darkness.

Absorb weak minded people and not very strong Jedi. I doubt she could absorb Sidious. And what advantage does changing form have in a battle?

Sidious was immortal, Abeloth was immortal.

By being in the presence of Sidious lots of Force Sensitives(When he wasn't hiding) were almost engulfed into full darkness.

This is just a matter of opinion and you are indeed entitled to yours. However It doesnt say anything about only being able to absorb weak mined people. As a matter of fact Abeolth absorbs alot of very strong people threw out the books.

An example of changing in the middle of a battle: During one of the fights she changes to a form of someone luke once loved and it caught him off guard and he was not able to finish Abeolth.

Anyway there is no right answer just fun discussion.

This is just a matter of opinion and you are indeed entitled to yours. However It doesnt say anything about only being able to absorb weak mined people. As a matter of fact Abeolth absorbs alot of very strong people threw out the books.

An example of changing in the middle of a battle: During one of the fights she changes to a form of someone luke once loved and it caught him off guard and he was not able to finish Abeolth.

Anyway there is no right answer just fun discussion.

Still though I don't think changing forms would be very helpful against someone like Palpatine, he never really cared about anyone, didn't have friends etfc.

Still though I don't think changing forms would be very helpful against someone like Palpatine, he never really cared about anyone, didn't have friends etfc.

Yup. He was willing to kill Vader without any hesitation after they had spent years and years being together.

• 2 months later...

Spoiler form Appocolypse. buyer beware.

Well, abeloth manages to get one of her bodys killed off by the unlikely combination of Tahari and Boba Fett. having seen that, i would imagine ol palps would no problem with her. besides, the leader of the lost tribe managed to defeat and almost kill her by telling her that no one liked her and that she was hidious during thier mind duel. I imagine that Sidious would cut a little deeper than that.

Edited by TheBentOne

Abeloth is a Force entity, not an individual. It's arguable Palpatine was more than just a mere mortal (if you interpret what his father said about him in Darth Plagueis and combine it with all the rhetoric about him being the dark side incarnate), but he's still not a Force entity on the likes of Abeloth - she was a servant of the Ones of Mortis (Celestials? Above Celestials?) who used the Font of Power/Pool of Knowledge, and because of the fact that she's an entity of the Force, she can't really be killed (except, apparently, by the Mortis dagger that Luke & Co are now searching for post-Apocalypse).

Palpatine, on the other hand, can very easily be killed, but his will transcends death and he's able to transfer his spirit into cloned bodies, if available (although this does backfire on him, due to the intervention of the self-sacrificing Jedi). Still, it seems a lot harder to kill off Abeloth than it does Palpatine.

Nevertheless, in terms of dark side proficiency and raw power, I still have to go with Palpatine. Abeloth was a force of nature, but she was always easily stopped; she's just damned hard to kill because she can easily swap between bodies (for Palpatine this is harder). But in nearly every book she was in, she was thwarted time and time again by lesser beings (Tahiri & Boba Fett, the Lost Tribe Grand Master, Ben & Vestara, Luke with the Lost Tribe, Luke & Krayt, Luke, Corran & Jaina, and Saba and Tahiri). I can easily see Palpatine defeating her (though whether or not he can actually kill her is another question. I wonder what would happen if he tried to absorb her energy with Force Drain?)

She is twenty six times more powerful than ROTJ Sidious(Grand Master Skywalker is canonically two hundred percent as powerful as Sidious, and from his own admission Abeloth is thirteen times more powerful than himself) so clearly she has a massive power advantage.

Also, remember that every time Luke and Abeloth battled she almost killed him, someone only half as powerful as Luke probably doesn't stand a chance.

Abeloth.

Rayla_Felana already said what I would've said.

Should also take into account that even before Luke reached the peak of his potential, Sidious could not defeat him in Dark Empire in the end. He lost to a singles duel wherein Luke cut off Sidious's hand and determined the victor. It was at that point Sidious kind've realized he wasn't going to win the war after having lost that battle, and his desperation became much more blatant in display.

Abeloth, however, the second time she fought Luke.. almost annihilated him--pretty much toyed with him. The first time in which Luke defeated her she was weakened from her age old imprisonment (afaik thousands of years to be exact, around 6x the amount of Darth Vitiate from the SWTOR era).

Her weakness as displayed so far is her primal wanton lust and rage (and other primal emotions at their rawest), causing her to sometimes underestimate other people. Remember, she's a Dark Side entity, she was -never- a mortal in flesh as we're led to believe so far.

I think the only way you can actually kill Abeloth is to be the exact opposite of what she's not by nature; expose her to positive feelings or compassion (which a Jedi readily gives unconditionally) and she'll just.. disappear. Since, as shown so far, she only gets stronger the more you oppose her (that's what the Dark Side is, after all. Negative emotion fueling it the foremost). No doubt it's part of the plot now ;) Why do you think that Sith preyed on her loneliness and depression?

Sidious was trained and honed; but he lost to Luke, even having tamed his passion to fuel his power. Abeloth is -RAW- power, akin to a single scream breaking glass in fits of rage -- except she destroys entire cities with her residual presence when that happens.

Siddy trained to get it. Abeloth was "born" with it, and is only getting more dangerously powerful.

Edited by Oonkeh_

Abeloth.

Rayla_Felana already said what I would've said.

Should also take into account that even before Luke reached the peak of his potential, Sidious could not defeat him in Dark Empire in the end. He lost to a singles duel wherein Luke cut off Sidious's hand and determined the victor. It was at that point Sidious kind've realized he wasn't going to win the war after having lost that battle, and his desperation became much more blatant in display.

Abeloth, however, the second time she fought Luke.. almost annihilated him--pretty much toyed with him. The first time in which Luke defeated her she was weakened from her age old imprisonment (afaik thousands of years to be exact, around 6x the amount of Darth Vitiate from the SWTOR era).

Her weakness as displayed so far is her primal wanton lust and rage (and other primal emotions at their rawest), causing her to sometimes underestimate other people. Remember, she's a Dark Side entity, she was -never- a mortal in flesh as we're led to believe so far.

I think the only way you can actually kill Abeloth is to be the exact opposite of what she's not by nature; expose her to positive feelings or compassion (which a Jedi readily gives unconditionally) and she'll just.. disappear. Since, as shown so far, she only gets stronger the more you oppose her (that's what the Dark Side is, after all. Negative emotion fueling it the foremost). No doubt it's part of the plot now ;) Why do you think that Sith preyed on her loneliness and depression?

Sidious was trained and honed; but he lost to Luke, even having tamed his passion to fuel his power. Abeloth is -RAW- power, akin to a single scream breaking glass in fits of rage -- except she destroys entire cities with her residual presence when that happens.

Siddy trained to get it. Abeloth was "born" with it, and is only getting more dangerously powerful.

I do agree that abeloth is more powerful, after all she took control of the galaxy in what? a couple years after freedom, plus she is next to INVULNERABLE, AND immortal. As well as controlling an entire planet, IMO she is FAR more powerful than the man killed by an electrocuted parapalegic.

In terms of raw power Abeloth has the advantage, that said she isn't all that good at being subtle nor is she as sneaky as Palpatine. TBH I'm not sure who would win cause she would have the power advantage but Palpatine would have the advantage in skills and just being plain devious.