Lack of invites for healers?

For the past week or so I've been noticing that people rarely seem to invite healers to Flashpoint groups. Anyone else have this problem? For the last 6-7 days I have been waiting in Republic Fleet for several hours at a time to get into a party for a daily flashpoint quest. I think today broke my record with 6 hours of doing nothing but shouting for a party in the LFG channel.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

start your own group and whisper classes u want to group with. power 30-35 fleet then msg all of them by right clicking and whisper and paste "wanna tank for boarding party?" or whatever.... find dps the same way. i did lf1m dps for BP HM and got 5 replies, but this was when fleet pop was around 140. if u are hanging out with a pop of 50-80, then u prolly wont find ppl. if no one is on the fleet i will just do a "jugg 30-35" and start messaging people. another thing that is helpful is grouping up with people and hanging out with them for a few quest hubs. then friend them and msg them if u wanna run something. imo, a lfd tool is not required.

Problem is, is that people out questing are often not willing to return to fleet unless a group is ready to go. Nine times out of ten, a person who I find in Fleet will often run off questing while I can spend up to several hours on my server trying to find a tank or DPS willing to come all the way back to fleet.

Also a lot of people don't bother with FPS because you only get a decent amount of XP from the daily. Commendation gear is also the equivalent of Flashpoint gear so many times people have literally no incentive to come join you. Problem is is that questing is the most boring aspect of MMOs and levelling as a healer is slow, tedious and boring.

And the problem with friendlisting people is that there is no guarantee that they will still be playing tomorrow, or next week. I know for a fact that the only person on my F.List that is a higher level than me is my guild leader (though my guild is dead as it's only ever me and the leader that is on).

Flagging yourself and putting up a message is useless as well because your search comment is cut off after about 12 characters AND you can ONLY search areas and not for classes or a level range. Basically this system is bested by FFXI's LFG system which had no LFG tool yet had a far more powerful search system and a search comment character limit that let you add a ton of information and that game is ten years old.

There is already a LFG tool for PvP and people accept it so why not PvE?

Operative healer here.

As I've leveled up I have made every decent tank I do heroics with a friend. When I want to run a FP I check which ones are on and send them tells asking if they want to run such and such FP. If they say yes I invite them and let them know they can quest till I find 2 dps. Finding 2 dps usually doesn't take long and I don't do it on the fleet, I do it on the planet I'm questing on because there are more people around the correct level.

You can do this all while questing, but you usually won't even finish the quest you are on before you have a full group. The fleet pass is great for this too.

I'm Imp only so maybe your fellow Republicans just don't run Flashpoints? :rolleyes:

Another healer-operative here, with the same advice as above: Build a friends list of tanks. Once you have a tank-healer duo, it's easy to find a couple DPS in the general channel at fleet or on the appropriate planet. Edited by Oghier

DPS here, and I keep a friends list of healers and tanks and message them to run FPs. We put guild runs together and sometimes someone has to drop or can't commit to an hour or two, so I look to the list to find someone.

I'm on a ridiculously high population server though, so it's easy finding people to bring in.

Problem is, is that people out questing are often not willing to return to fleet unless a group is ready to go. Nine times out of ten, a person who I find in Fleet will often run off questing while I can spend up to several hours on my server trying to find a tank or DPS willing to come all the way back to fleet.

Also a lot of people don't bother with FPS because you only get a decent amount of XP from the daily. Commendation gear is also the equivalent of Flashpoint gear so many times people have literally no incentive to come join you. Problem is is that questing is the most boring aspect of MMOs and levelling as a healer is slow, tedious and boring.

And the problem with friendlisting people is that there is no guarantee that they will still be playing tomorrow, or next week. I know for a fact that the only person on my F.List that is a higher level than me is my guild leader (though my guild is dead as it's only ever me and the leader that is on).

Flagging yourself and putting up a message is useless as well because your search comment is cut off after about 12 characters AND you can ONLY search areas and not for classes or a level range. Basically this system is bested by FFXI's LFG system which had no LFG tool yet had a far more powerful search system and a search comment character limit that let you add a ton of information and that game is ten years old.

There is already a LFG tool for PvP and people accept it so why not PvE?

This post is spot on.

1) A good thing about all FPS on ship is that it is one centered location to access all instances w/o running around.

2) But bad thing about this is what is mentioned above. When people are questing they dont want to return to ship and sit for long time to get into an instance and then again waste time to return to their questing location.

I know BW didnt introduce LFD system for improving community but it is not helping because now people are not running at all. I myself was leveling as a BH healer thinking it will be easier to find groups sadly i was so wrong. Finally I stopped thinking about FPS and leveled as a DPS.

And dont even get me started for Hard mode instances because it is impossible.

Edited by Yummymango

Operative healer on a high pop server here. There is a chat waterfall of LF Healz spam every time I am on the Fleet. I usually get the invite seconds after putting my message in chat. This may just be bad luck for you. I imagine on a lower pop server in the lower pop faction it is a lot harder.

For the past week or so I've been noticing that people rarely seem to invite healers to Flashpoint groups. Anyone else have this problem? For the last 6-7 days I have been waiting in Republic Fleet for several hours at a time to get into a party for a daily flashpoint quest. I think today broke my record with 6 hours of doing nothing but shouting for a party in the LFG channel.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

This is a problem on your end alone. You are a healer. Simply broadcast for a tank in chat and you are good to go since 2 dps will fly to your group once you say "just need 2 dps for blankblank."

I would never hang in Fleet waiting for a FP run.

I will look at chat and do a PUG if one is going, or do a guild run, if other folks feel like it. Otherwise, I don't bother with FPs. They stories are not that interesting after Esseles/BT and they're not worth it, when you can level and gear up fine from PvP and questing/heroics out in the world. The fights can be kind of fun, but they're not worth wasting an evening waiting for a run.

Ha! I decided to force myself to level up as a healer operative, because healing is what i wanted to do and figured too would be easy enough to find groups for flash points :) task of forming groups became so tedious i just skip'd doing flash point (maybe did every flashpoint once)

but i did solo level to 50 as a healer (for no good reason).

Social Rank I (i think it was 325/750)

Yeah... though calling a /who list a proper LFg tool is like calling a river a Washing machine. Sure, it works and gets the job done more or less, but... it is not state of the art anymore. I do admit though you would meet more people while washing at the river, so you can chat and exchange gossip while freezing your hands in the ice cold water and occasionally fending off wildlife.

Way more social.

The only thing I can suggest is to join a guild, cozy up to people you do not know so they think they like you, then manipulate them to be chosen first should they run FPs. Judging from the servers I know, level 50 HM FPs are hardly run with not gilded Groups anymore.