Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I understand how you feel Wizard as I find myself in the same boat.

I and others asked weeks ahead to get updated information and when the Transfer FAQs still remained the June 2012 FAQs I figured nothing had changed, Guild Banks would still be reinstated etc when the Guild was disbanded on the original server and confirmation was made.

Disbanded our guilds on Dalborra last night only to receive an email this morning at 10:53am with new updated Transfer FAQs and how Customer Service will no longer reinstate Guild Bank tabs.

Shame on me me for thinking information as important as this would have been released before Transfers right.

I've sent in my ticket and voiced my concerns/disappointment/annoyance, here's hoping for a quick reply and possible solution.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand how you feel Wizard as I find myself in the same boat.

I and others asked weeks ahead to get updated information and when the Transfer FAQs still remained the June 2012 FAQs I figured nothing had changed, Guild Banks would still be reinstated etc when the Guild was disbanded on the original server and confirmation was made.

Disbanded our guilds on Dalborra last night only to receive an email this morning at 10:53am with new updated Transfer FAQs and how Customer Service will no longer reinstate Guild Bank tabs.

Shame on me me for thinking information as important as this would have been released before Transfers right.

I've sent in my ticket and voiced my concerns/disappointment/annoyance, here's hoping for a quick reply and possible solution.

Same as me, best of luck to you and to your guild on the new server. :D

"Shame on me me for thinking information as important as this would have been released before Transfers right." Haha I know; who would of though I could be so naive as to think rules would change after the transfer takes place? :rolleyes: Guess that's this Customer Service for you.

You should be fine, it may end up saying 22/12 for example, just means if you delete a toon you cant create a replacement until you purchase enough unlocks to cover. (server merge in 59 days, you wont lose anything)

Nope I already tried it tonight. Once max lvl was reached the characters don't transfer, they just stay on the original server.

Nope I already tried it tonight. Once max lvl was reached the characters don't transfer, they just stay on the original server.

The current transfers is different to the server consolidation, transfers are now , server consolidation is in 59 days.

There has been some talk if the 12 limit is a bug currently

Edited by OwenBrooks

Once again another half-thought out idea by BW.

I don't mind the manual transfer, I don't mind having to build a temp guild on the new server, but a 60 day countdown to auto merge with an immediate lockout of the servers?!? Who the heck thought this was a good idea for us users?!?

We literally CANNOT STAY on APAC anymore. We have to leave ASAP. In the 36 hrs since transfers started, Dalborra has lost more than 60% of its active population. PVP queues are dead, with NO ONE in warzones.

"Then just transfer" some of you will say, "why are you ranting?", etc. I am angry because of BW's lack of foresight, thought (or simply just couldn't be bothered) about guild transfers. We can't wait 60 days for the auto-merger with the downward spiral of population (unless BW thinks we are all anti-social introverts)!!. We have already seen from earlier posts that unlike the previous transfers, CS is not restoring bank tabs. All those credits down the drain because they can't be bothered. And if we actually gonna wait the 60 days for the guild to arrive, what the heck are we supposed to do in the mean time? if we bought anything for the new guild, all would be lost again when we disband and join the old.

If you want to look at the transfers with a cynical eye, APAC are merely guinea pigs for the paid transfer system for the rest of the player-base. All that free testing with in-place disclaimers that you only get transfers and nothing else.

So... back to Guild issues Bioware Austin should do one of the following:

a) Accelerate the Merge schedule

The population will be lucky to last 3 weeks, merge everyone ASAP!

b) Provide bank tabs to relocated guilds

Just like how the initial transfers were

c) Compensate Guilds with credits

If BW thinks credits are trivial for us to spend them again on new tabs, then in reverse they should be able to just give us the credits.

Edited by SplatterPaw

Hey, so Erik says the 12 character bug is fixed, is that what everyone is finding? Have people successfully moved more than 12 toons now?

I've heard legacy titles are disappearing too - is it just Living Legend, or others too?

Any other bugs people have found yet? I wanna get this all squared away before I move.

Hey, so Erik says the 12 character bug is fixed, is that what everyone is finding? Have people successfully moved more than 12 toons now?

I've heard legacy titles are disappearing too - is it just Living Legend, or others too?

Any other bugs people have found yet? I wanna get this all squared away before I move.

I think a lot have mis-understood this free transfer it is not the server consolidation and was never meant to of been, my take is if you have 12 toons on a server and providing you purchase an unlock for an additional slot on the intended server you can move that toon to that server.

happy to be corrected.

Edit- If you wait for the merge (in about 59 days) you can end up with something like 22/12 ie 22 toons with 12 slots on server, you just cant create another toon and if you delete a toon, until you buy sufficient unlocks you wont be able to create a toon even after you delete one.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Yeah, no it was bugged for people who had already bought the additional character slots, but is apparently fixed now?

Seems to be have a look at page 576 , seems successful

Yep, after double-checking I had room for the transfer, I've just successfully transferred the ex-locked character to it's destination server. Cheers for the quick response and awesome communication about these errors too!
Edited by OwenBrooks

I laugh that people are now crying about the lag and blaming Bioware. You are the same people that wanted transfers!

Also, in the Transfer page, it says your character needs to be level 10. I just successfully transferred a level 4.

We did not ask for transfers, we asked for our 3 servers to be merged into 1. The majority did not want to loose the ping.

OMG u guy's are idiots......quitting Swtor for other MMO's...you do realize their the same ping right.....you will get 150-400ms on EVERY MMO!!!!!! jesus lol

and ppl crying lag is so bad you cant play.....i left APAC for Harbinger 6 months ago, I do pve endgame and rated pvp fine with almost no lag...*** are u on about with this super delay and stuff??? have u never played a MMO before, the experience your now getting is the same as EVERY MMO EVER MADE.......omg lol

There is a noticeable difference with the ping. Does it make the game unplayable? No but it is worse and makes the game experience worse.

We did not ask for transfers, we asked for our 3 servers to be merged into 1. The majority did not want to loose the ping.

I did point out a long time ago that this would be the likely outcome if you went down this path of demanding BW do something with the servers, I wish I was wrong but there you go .. you all got your answer. I am not happy either but there you go. DO I blame BW or do I blame the ones that constantly demanded for something to be done rather then simply create a toon on another server ?

I for one was quite happy playing on APAC and had no complaints

Edited by OwenBrooks

Unless I'm some sort of exceptional case (which I might be), I would say that there are still bugs in the system besides that 12 toons bug. I'll use my own experience as an example.

I transferred 2/3 characters successfully from Dalborra to Shadowlands on the day transfers opened up to a server where I'd exceeded 12 chars. The third character, my sith warrior has been stuck 'transferring' (according to the website at least) for almost the past two days now. What's weird is his achievements and legacy unlocks carried over, but the character itself is still stuck on Dalborra and I'm able to play him as normal. The website however continues to believe that the character is in the queue to be transferred for some reason so I can't reset the transfer or try again or whatever.

Sending a ticket basically ended up with generic response from customer service explaining how the transfer process works and didn't answer my question at all so I guess I'm stuck waiting until the issue is fixed or until paid transfers open up.

I did point out a long time ago that this would be the likely outcome if you went down this path of demanding BW do something with the servers, I wish I was wrong but there you go .. you all got your answer. I am not happy either but there you go. DO I blame BW or do I blame the ones that constantly demanded for something to be done rather then simply create a toon on another server ?

I for one was quite happy playing on APAC and had no complaints

F'ing A.

I was very happy with a low ping a guild of friends to play with. Now we have turmoil, no guild and a massive ping. Thanks for nothing.

Okay, this is the most rubbish customer service ever experienced.

Originally, support articles told us that we would have our Guild Banks restored upon transfer by Customer Service so long as it was empty and screenshots were provided. This was done, and we were ready to transfer. We came over all last night, and midway through today they change the rules; guild banks will not be able to be re-granted by customer service on arrival.

I can understand consistent rules, but when the same page stated that we COULD restore guild banks and it was said in multiple places only for them to change it AFTER transfer I'm pretty disgusted. You forced us into this, Bioware, and we've lost our guild name, people and size. And you can't even restore a couple of guild banks.

We had two million credits donated for a third vault by a faithful guild member, and now you're TERRIBLE customer service team and poor communication will result in that being enough for only a bank on the Republic and Imperial side each. Have some perspective of who you're "consolidating," those players who still (God knows why) PAY YOU for Customer Service- well, we're hardly paying for content, given that comes all through the Cartel Market nowadays- and you give us not even our banks back in exchange, making it worse by contradicting what you earlier said. As a guild, we're really unhappy. As a person, I'm really unhappy and really again disgusted by this lack of customer service.

This was pretty much the only reason we didn't bother waiting for consolidation, and you throw it away. :mad:

Still irked about this for the other guilds who have been posting too, but I doubt Bioware will do anything. I'm giving them until tomorrow afternoon to do something about it but if not then I'll be reopening the banks. Don't think it's worth making our guild members suffer without bank vaults because of the pretty annoying/disgraceful change of policy made at the last minute.

one of my toons is still locked

may help

Hi LucasEighty,

Please check again periodically, the transfer should become unlocked again before too long. You can find a bit more information on this here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6400128#edit6400128

Unfortunately I don't know when the next cleanup is going to be, but hopefully it won't be long.

Still irked about this for the other guilds who have been posting too, but I doubt Bioware will do anything. I'm giving them until tomorrow afternoon to do something about it but if not then I'll be reopening the banks. Don't think it's worth making our guild members suffer without bank vaults because of the pretty annoying/disgraceful change of policy made at the last minute.

Yeah, sadly I must say this is the first time my confidence in an MMO has been shaken this badly -_-

Good luck with your guild also Wizard =)

Fingers crossed we get an explanation soon.

If you have all moved to the destination server, won't your guild bank and tabs be moved on consolidation in 2 months time? I know its a long time to wait for those extra tabs to return but it might help map out how you play and where you invest your creds for the next few weeks.

I really have no idea, but it might be worth trying to ask that question.....

good luck.

I laugh that people are now crying about the lag and blaming Bioware. You are the same people that wanted transfers!

Oh really, pull up a single quote where I have ever said I was unhappy with how things were - good luck with that as you wont find one.

Next time, try actually thinking before putting your mouth in gear.

OMG u guy's are idiots......quitting Swtor for other MMO's...you do realize their the same ping right.....you will get 150-400ms on EVERY MMO!!!!!! jesus lol

and ppl crying lag is so bad you cant play.....i left APAC for Harbinger 6 months ago, I do pve endgame and rated pvp fine with almost no lag...*** are u on about with this super delay and stuff??? have u never played a MMO before, the experience your now getting is the same as EVERY MMO EVER MADE.......omg lol

Yes, I was never getting 20ms lag on Gav Daragon. Oh wait, yes I was - right before the transfer. :rolleyes:

Edited by bowspearer
avoiding double post

I am sure I am not the only one that thinks this, but I am SO annoyed that I will be losing my names that I think I might unsub.

I have 6 level 55 characters and I enjoy this game but its obvious that BW do not give a crap about what anyone outside of the US thinks.

Why dont BW merge one of the US Servers into the APAC server?

Merge Harbringer with Dalborra??? At least give something back to the Australian/Asian/New Zealand community...

Edited by Iscul

Unless I'm some sort of exceptional case (which I might be), I would say that there are still bugs in the system besides that 12 toons bug. I'll use my own experience as an example.

I transferred 2/3 characters successfully from Dalborra to Shadowlands on the day transfers opened up to a server where I'd exceeded 12 chars. The third character, my sith warrior has been stuck 'transferring' (according to the website at least) for almost the past two days now. What's weird is his achievements and legacy unlocks carried over, but the character itself is still stuck on Dalborra and I'm able to play him as normal. The website however continues to believe that the character is in the queue to be transferred for some reason so I can't reset the transfer or try again or whatever.

Sending a ticket basically ended up with generic response from customer service explaining how the transfer process works and didn't answer my question at all so I guess I'm stuck waiting until the issue is fixed or until paid transfers open up.

I have made pretty similar experiance. My marauder is still stuck on Dalborra. Already made two ticket and got only less then helpfull Responses. I hope BW cleans up the Transfer process bevore it gets a paid Service. I can only imagine how mad People will get when they pay LOTS of CC for this and then it takes several days until the mess is cleared up.