Conquest wipe?

Docthebutcher

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However, stuff like operation lockouts did not reset, so you can't do Xeno on a char that did it last night even though the xeno conquest objective reset for that char...

Exactly, same with the ilum heroic. Took away the conquest points and made it damn difficult to earn more.

Eric,

From what I'm getting from my guildies on Discord is as follows:

Conquest Guild reward has been given to some players

The Conquest board now says it is Rakgoul week instead of Gree

At work so I can not confirm but this is the feedback I am getting

Guildie of mine tells me that it's still Relics of the Gree :confused::confused:

Edit: On server Ebon Hawk, if that matters.

Edited by masterceil

Hey folks,

We are looking into what is going on. Just so I am understanding correctly, your personal and guild conquest points reset. Did all of your objectives reset as well? Basically, is it appearing to you that Conquests "just started" after today's maintenance?

-eric

This is correct Eric. All the objectives have been reset to 0 and all the guild names have been wiped slate clean. As if it were a new week on reset day. It also shows on the conquest objective screen it is Rakghoul Resurgence not Relics of the Gree. The terminals on fleet are broadcasting Gree.

Edited by shdwgrndGlider

On The Ebon Hawk and Jung Ma, personal and guild conquest points are all gone, everything is zero, you have to re-invade and that "invade planet" button is available.

On the Prophecy of the Five the situation was similar EXCEPT the "invade planet" button is not available.

Hey folks,

We are looking into what is going on. Just so I am understanding correctly, your personal and guild conquest points reset. Did all of your objectives reset as well? Basically, is it appearing to you that Conquests "just started" after today's maintenance?

-eric

I logged in and conquest had been wiped with the original three planets available. I invaded Alderaan, since that is where we invaded last week. I then picked up the Ilum heroic and completed it. When I finished, it awarded me no conquest points.

I looked at the conquest board, and it showed we invaded Alderaan, but there were three other planets (and imp and pub invasion and one other I don't remember).

I then looked again a few minutes later and we were BACK to the current three planets (Ald, Hoth, Ilum) and we still had no points.

It looks like the board moved to another conquest, then back to the original, wiping the boards several times.

Just what I noticed.

Thanks!!

Logged in and found conquests wiped. I'm having a new issue - the conquest jumped to the future, its now rakghoul. So, what the hell is going on?

Do we waste time and lose on initiative, and wait for word - or should we pursue ilum, or alderaan?

A guildmate did the ilum heroic on a toon that hadn't done it yet and got no conquest rewards - so it looks like it is definitely alderaan.

==== Edit #1 ====

HOWEVER

On my sentinel, i've had it show one, and then the other, and then switch, without relogging.

==== Edit #2 ====

Sentinel switched from Rak/Alderaan to Gree/Ilum when I ported to alderaan to do a heroic. Completed the heroic, no notification of point rewards - so don't know if it registered. Be careful with your heroics.

Edited by AgentGreasy
New details (again)

Not only was the conquest wiped, but now it's saying that the conquest is on Alderaan while I'm on Ilum, but if I'm in my Yavin SH, it's saying that the conquest is on Ilum. I go back to Ilum, and it's back to saying that the conquest is on Alderaan. What the heck?

Yup. I am holding off on doing anymore things on alderaan, til i know for sure... will do things that are shared amongst the two conquests, for the time being.

Hey folks,

-eric

Got the Guild Reward and the title for Ilum, and the conquest is fully re-set, as in the guild hasn't "picked a planet" but its the same conquest as previously (relics of the gree)

Calling it now: we're going to get a "we're sorry, but we can't restore the conquest points" response from Eric in relatively short order. The patch probably dumped all that data. No compensation offered either.

You are probably right, but they didn't dump that data, it is all stored in logs. And to fix it would be a simple database call , would take someone 10 seconds to write the sql statement and hit enter, and an hour later or whatever everything would be fine. But will they do it? No, its impossible, no way we can afford the 10 seconds required to type that in.

Tip: Parse the log into values, load into temporary table, fire off our 10 second sql and lets roll. Add in another 10 second script to adjust the guild gains and we are golden.

What gets me, is there was a "game breaking bug". Which translates to: "Yeah yeah we know there are thousands of bugs we choose not to fix, but this one probably benefits players, we cannot have that - bug". And then they broke the game by fixing that. So trade a game breaking bug for a worse game breaking bug? And players get to eat it. Lovely.

To be fair, this is pessimistic. Maybe we should give them benefit of the doubt and see. Lets put it this way, if they fix it then we know they care about the players. I'll wait and see.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

Not to say we told you so or anything, but some of us did see this coming...

To be more considerate of other ongoing activities and schedules, please put off 5.4 until an hour after the next scheduled reset (8/28/17, 0900 EDT) and either move forward or reschedule for the next week as needed.

Hey folks,

-eric

Basically yes.

Here are some screenshots:

1. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/219628866950529024/350379066660093952/swtor_2017-08-24_16-40-44-86.png of my mercenary getting Guild rewards
  2. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/219628866950529024/350379066660093952/swtor_2017-08-24_16-40-44-86.png
  3. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/219628866950529024/350379551118852096/swtor_2017-08-24_16-42-48-20.png of what Nar SHaddaa looks like

Every time I log out and log back into a character that got conquest points this week, I keep getting the guild rewards :/

edit:

I got to a stronghold -> Reward,

Go to the fleet -> reward

Glare at the traitor -> reward

I appreciate Bioware REALLY rewarding my hard work getting conquest all these weeks... BUT I really prefer to work for my command points. At crafting mats. and what not.

Edited by vadess

Hey folks,

-eric

Yes, the objectives reset as well. I haven't marked anything as completed. I had a few one-time conquest objectives completed: "Crafting: Invasion Force", "Crafting: War Supplies", "Flashpoint: Battle of Ilum". I also had... I think about 223 enemies of the 250 NPCs on Ilum defeated for "Ilum: Rampage".

At the moment my counter is back 2200, but that's the stuff I did today: One flashpoint via group finder, one galactic star fighter battle, plus stronghold bonus.

While I am lucky in this regard, the biggest problem about the reset is that it's not only harder to complete conquest with as many characters as we desired now, but some players may have already used up their weeklies. For example: Completing the "[Weekly] Galactic Starfighter" mission gives a player 1000 points of conquest (plus boni as applicable, plus, the points for the starfighter battles themselves, 500 each). While that conquest goal is repeatable, the mission can only be done once per week, meaning that there is no way to earn those points again. The same goes for all similar weekly missions. "[Weekly] Veteran Flashpoints", "[Weekly] Galactic Conflicts", "[Weekly] Story Uprisings", "[Weekly] Veteran Uprisings", "[Weekly] Master Uprisings" and the respective PvP missions.

Additionally the days lost mean that there is less opportunity to reap points which can only earned once a day. The most efficient way to complete the weeklies which require one to do five flashpoints or uprisings respectively is to do one per day via the group finder, because then one is also eligible for the daily reward and that is another. For example, completing "[Weekly] Veteran Flashpoints" by doing the five flashpoints one per day is 6000 points alone (and that's not counting possible additional rewards for the current spotlight flashpoint,s Battle of Ilum and The False Emperor). But we can't do that anymore, because there is only today, friday, saturday and sunday and that's it.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Hey folks,

-eric

Yes everything reset. Nothing shows completed.

Guilds that had the lead ended up winning the planet, and all of the conquest points zero'd and achievements zero'd out. it is like it was a short week and the leaders won it and it all reset all over again to do it again , as a longer short week.

Not only did all conquest reset for me, but my weekly flashpoint quests reset progress. The weekly pvp and gsf quests did not reset.

Now that you mention it, I did lose my progress on quests I had not completed... with exception to PVP quests. Thats strange, since usually if I don't finish those quests it carries over, they never reset...

Complete reset of personal conquest points for me when I was 16500/20000. And the stuff I did complete can't be redone. I suspect this will be the "solution" :mad: :-

Calling it now: we're going to get a "we're sorry, but we can't restore the conquest points" response from Eric in relatively short order. The patch probably dumped all that data. No compensation offered either.

Not only did all conquest reset for me, but my weekly flashpoint quests reset progress. The weekly pvp and gsf quests did not reset.

Curious. I missed it before but... My counter for "[Weekly] Galactic Conflicts" and "[Weekly] Veteran Flashpoints" did reset as well. However, the counter for "[Weekly] Galactic Starfighter", "[Weekly] Story Uprisings" and "[Weekly] Veteran Uprisings" did not.

http://imgur.com/nqglZUY

Correct would be:

[Weekly] Galactic Conflicts

Complete [Master] Flashpoints: 2/3 <--- shows 0/3, I am not 100% sure about the exact count, but I definitely completed one yesterday.

[Weekly] Galactic Starfighter

Starfighter Battles Played (Wins count x2): 5/7 <--- correct, 3 on the counter yesterday, one won battle today

[Weekly] Story Uprisings

Complete [story] Uprisings: 2/5 <---- correct

[Weekly] Veteran Flashpoints

Complete [Veteran] Flashpoints: 4/5 <---- shows 1/5, the one I completed after the patch

[Weekly] Veteran Uprisings

Complete [Veteran] Uprisings: 1/5 <--- correct

Edited by Rabenschwinge

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Ok, so I have some information on what happened. As a part of our Game Update, we adjusted the Conquest schedule as we typically do. A side effect of adjusting this schedule is that it ends the current Conquest to begin the next one. Normally, this isn't an issue since it happens during maintenance when the normal Conquest reset is happening anyway. However, this happening a couple of days later, leads to what happened this morning.

In short, Tuesday's Conquest ended this morning during maintenance and a new Conquest began. All objectives were reset, rewards and titles were distributed as if a Conquest ended, etc. This new Conquest will end next week as per normal and rewards should go out then as well.

We actually did some work behind the scenes with 5.4 to improve the consistency of rewards being distributed. Still, the issues we have been having with Conquests are not acceptable and we are taking a hard look at the system to see what we can do to improve it. We apologize for the on-going issues with Conquests. I will pass on further information as I have it!

-eric

Hey folks,

Ok, so I have some information on what happened. As a part of our Game Update, we adjusted the Conquest schedule as we typically do. A side effect of adjusting this schedule is that it ends the current Conquest to begin the next one. Normally, this isn't an issue since it happens during maintenance when the normal Conquest reset is happening anyway. However, this happening a couple of days later, leads to what happened this morning.

In short, Tuesday's Conquest ended this morning during maintenance and a new Conquest began. All objectives were reset, rewards and titles were distributed as if a Conquest ended, etc. This new Conquest will end next week as per normal and rewards should go out then as well.

We actually did some work behind the scenes with 5.4 to improve the consistency of rewards being distributed. Still, the issues we have been having with Conquests are not acceptable and we are taking a hard look at the system to see what we can do to improve it. We apologize for the on-going issues with Conquests. I will pass on further information as I have it!

-eric

One suggestion would be to have the maintenance occur 10 minutes after re-set time and then all the Conquest rewards etc would go out fine (on a normal game update Tuesday maintenance that is)