Developer Update: Quesh Huttball Pit

CourtneyWoods

Note to self: Huttball no matter how it is designed is fun. Amazes me how some just can't have fun. Hell most people in pvp have no clue how to vote for people, so the ones that don't want it on rank cry. The ones that vote for smae person 4 times in row shows that the mechanics of rank is a joke. Remove rank most have not done much to even deserve rank. Which kills it for the ones who work like hell. Note to self: Alert relieve stress don't come back and read troll crap.:D:ph_good_post:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to self: Huttball no matter how it is designed is fun. Amazes me how some just can't have fun. Hell most people in pvp have no clue how to vote for people, so the ones that don't want it on rank cry. The ones that vote for smae person 4 times in row shows that the mechanics of rank is a joke. Remove rank most have not done much to even deserve rank. Which kills it for the ones who work like hell. Note to self: Alert relieve stress don't come back and read troll crap.:D:ph_good_post:

You don't get any ranked numbers by voting for someone. And anyway, there's no rule stating on who or who not to vote for.

Looks even more awful than regular Huttball. Please don't add this pile of junk to ranked.

Huttball has never been one of my favorite pvp "games" either personally. If a new pvp warzone is to be added why not add something totally new? I've seen many players in general chat complain about the lack of pvp que fields/matches. Instead of adding a reskinned huttball match can't we please get something completely new? Something with a bit more depth and thought put into it...something more original..maybe some kind of king of the hill type arena or something, anything but a reskinned huttball match...:rak_02:

Meanwhile I love the design of Huttball, my play experiences are very ... varied. And I'm talking of unranked here.

In my opinion, it's either - just to use imaginary numbers to illustrate what i mean - 7:0 or 0:7 - but almost even Huttball matches with 7:7 (again, just an imaginary number to illustrate what i mean) are rather rare.

In my impression this is so because of highly trained guilds / premades / ranked players who know how to play with the ball extremely well, matched against a team which does not.

In the recent days I indeed had these matches in 55er unranked : Once my team won (Republic side), and once the enemy team won - but I only remember twice or so having had these high numbery on my own team. I must admnit, though, that I had had a PvP pause of ca. 2 months.

What I meant to say is that an highly trained team matched against a team of Newbies will get much higher wins than in other WZs, where there is a much higher fluctuation (altgough I yesterday or the day before had an 0:90 Novare Coast match ending - it had been 20:100 shortly before that).

In Huttball, the amount of training results imho in an much greater bias to one side than on other maps, but that's my personal, subjective view.

And that's most likely due to the high skill required in playing Huttball successfully.

Which means that because of the required higher skill, trained groups are much more likely to farm Newbies in a map than on other maps where there is not such a high skill required to win the map successfully.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Training is a GOOD thing. Unless your guild is RP-only, then they SHOULD be training (at least their 55s) to do PvP and group PvE. Don't get hardcore about it, but still, it's really worth training a PvP group (at least for ranked)

Yay! Another warzone where my sent can be raped by snipers... and where my force leap can bug and do high fall damage to me (which happens almost every time when i use it on person who was just pushed up in the air by the platform).

I hope at least that those magnetic grapple blaster tables will work better than the air-push up platforms (whatever they're called) in original HB and won't knock you into fire trap or acid just because it's so fun to have random deaths.

Let ppl choose what they queue for (this way you'll know what is really most popular and should be worked on) or at least show what wz poped in the join/decline window so i can leave it without having to wait for map to load.

Side note: at least the football teams who play PvP will now need to make new tactics and not just repeat the same old tricks (although some of them will probably work in the new area).

And yea, I like killng ppl in the HB area and I have scored a goal or two, but I don't like loosing just because the enemy team know how to play a ball and not how to fight, so match ends with 3 kills total. I always thought PvP was about fighting other players, looks like I was wrong...

Edited by Morthwyll

Yay! Another warzone where my sent can be raped by snipers... and where my force leap can bug and do high fall damage to me (which happens almost every time when i use it on person who was just pushed up in the air by the platform).

I hope at least that those magnetic grapple blaster tables will work better than the air-push up platforms (whatever they're called) in original HB and won't knock you into fire trap or acid just because it's so fun to have random deaths.

whining...:rolleyes:

Let ppl choose what they queue for (this way you'll know what is really most popular and should be worked on) or at least show what wz poped in the join/decline window so i can leave it without having to wait for map to load.

EXCELLENT IDEA :) I hope this gets implemented.

Side note: at least the football teams who play PvP will now need to make new tactics and not just repeat the same old tricks (although some of them will probably work in the new area).

And yea, I like killng ppl in the HB area and I have scored a goal or two, but I don't like loosing just because the enemy team know how to play a ball and not how to fight, so match ends with 3 kills total. I always thought PvP was about fighting other players, looks like I was wrong...

More whining...and you don't understand the purpose of objective based pvp. Just own your attitude - you're a deathmatcher, a dps'er, and that's all you want. It's ok, just man up and admit it. Nothing wrong with it, but don't try to belittle the objective based pvp system just because you don't understand or don't prefer it. Edited by Uber_the_Goober

You are wrong...PvP is players playing a game against other players. Multiplayer racing would be PvP. Nowhere does it say it has to be fighting. If all you are trying to do is kill the most people, you are not a great PvPer in this game (other than ranked). Objectives always trump killing.

Yea, I like to whine a bit from time to time, but hey, aren't the forums meant for it? :p

Ok, maybe I wasn't clear enough, I understand importance of objectives, and I spent fair time capping cannons, interrupting pylon caps or making shooting goals as hard as possible, tbh HB is one of my favorite areas to fight, but it's simply irritating when you get random group where half of the people don't even know how to pass and you fight against a premade which shoots 6 goals in 4 mins, that's all. (Yes, I do realise that premade vs. randoms is always problematic, but in HB it's most visible.) And those are often premades, who loose other warzones badly.

I enjoy fighting other ppl more than running with ball, so when I get the ball, most times I just throw it to another ally asap, because otherwise I gonna get focused hard and not able to normally fight, especially with the lack of guarding/healing most random groups offer.

Best scenario of HB for me is about 3 goals for my team and a lot of fighting in between.

And I focus on getting as many kills as possible only when we're already loosing badly, otherwise I just try to do my job by being a pain in the enemy healers/rdps rear end and interrupting/speed buffing ball carriers, occassionally shoot a goal when I see a good occassion noone else is going to exploit.

Edited by Morthwyll

Looks very good work but I agree with that something should be done to ranged (or Sentinels that are waiting for easy target to leap on), that gives too much advantage to them. Melee is already hurt in most PvP and raids dont hurt it anymore plz:)

I saw this sentiment being posted last Friday but decided (okay, Musco told me :p) to wait until the blog went out before sharing my thoughts on the "snipers on the pipe" (great band name btw).

The center of Quesh Pit is an apples to apples comparison to the center of the original Huttball. In the center of both maps are wide open areas with little in the means of LoS. Take the original Huttball for example, to LoS someone you'd have to leave the center area or play coy around the ball stand. There are no other LoS blockers in the area at all and in addition, snipers and other ranged classes usually choose to setup on the walkways around this center area to rain hot death upon anyone picking up the ball or otherwise in the center area. This is just like the center platform in Quesh although taken to the extreme and hectic because it is closer to the endzone.

<snipped a bit>

Please continue with the constructive comments and feedback on all things Quesh Huttball Pit!

Cheers! :jawa_cool:

Really the pipe sections should spin periodically dumping the players off. It would be a great spot while you're there but not a place you can just hang out.

sigh another Huttball warzone to automatically leave :rolleyes:

I certainly don't.

I'm in the same boat, EAware needs to give their PvPers choices or they'll be all gone come DICE's Battlefront game.

Edited by Shmegeh

This post made me LOL.

sigh another Huttball warzone to automatically leave :rolleyes:

So you're one of 'those' people.

I'm in the same boat, EAware needs to give their PvPers choices or they'll be all gone come DICE's Battlefront game.

Oh yes, I'm sure EA is terrified that you might quit SWTOR and go play another EA game. :rolleyes:

This post made me LOL.

So did yours

So you're one of 'those' people.

lol... :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I'm sure EA is terrified that you might quit SWTOR and go play another EA game. :rolleyes:

then the swtor fanbois won't have a game to defend :o

Edited by Shmegeh