Latency Issue, please Help

StudentOfCitadel

I have random ridiculous lag spikes, I have attempted all of the basic "fixes" to no avail. SWTOR is the only program/service I have issue with. A trace route has revealed a bad ping node. If that really is the issue, how might I go about changing the route to alleviate the lag?

I have notified technical support several times with no real assistance rendered. So I turn to the community.

I love this game, but if it continues to be unplayable I will have to quit again. Please help.

Your best bet is to talk to your ISP about the specific bad hop. They have a lot more ability to correct issues than BW does.

If you can provide us with specific information (ex. region you are in, server, or best of all, PingPlotter output), we might be able to provide more specific assistance based on your circumstances.

Edited by MadDutchman

The reason behind contacting your ISP is because they are far more likely to be able/willing to notify the owner of said network so that it can be rectified.

Geographically you are quite close to the servers, so that shouldn't be an issue. The bad hop also looks to be a lot closer to you than to BW, so again your ISP is your best bet.

Besides notifying your ISP and waiting your only other options really are switching ISPs (may or may not help depending on where they route their traffic) or using a VPN (can get pricey)

Thank you for the info, I have no other options for ISPs in my area. I will look into a VPN and whether or not that may fix the issue. I don't believe my ISP would be willing to do anything about the other provider, but I will make an attempt.

Ouch, lack of competition among internet providers leads to all sorts of BS. Hopefully Musk hurries up with Starlink then...

As already mentioned above, WTFast seems to be the most popular service for improving latency (not a true VPN but does the job), and it's not too unreasonably priced. With any luck the problem will be resolved soon enough so you don't have to rely on another paid service to play...

Edited by MadDutchman