The Civil War WZ

Ulfrik_Wulfgar

How is it that some people can re-direct their speeders to one of the turret controls rather than the landing pad?

the far right and far left speeders take you to the right and left turrets. midde speeders takes you to middle landing pad. but the left and right speeders only apear if your side controls that turret.

Edited by MiaRB

You can't redirect your speeder. If your team controls a side turret a new speeder appears on your ship which takes you directly to the turret.

It's why holding the two side turrets is probably better than mid + one side turret. With the side turrets, anyone who dies can catch a side speeder direct back to the fight, rather than looping around middle for ages before landing miles from the node.

In related news, during a recent Civil War game one of my team began complaining that the opposition were using "the speeder cheat" to "respawn at the nodes". I was amused, but attempted to politely convince him it wasn't a hack. He seemed dubious, though I think he may have come around on this one.

Edited by Wainamoinen

It's why holding the two side turrets is probably better than mid + one side turret. With the side turrets, anyone who dies can catch a side speeder direct back to the fight, rather than looping around middle for ages before landing miles from the node.

In related news, during a recent Civil War game one of my team began complaining that the opposition were using "the speeder cheat" to "respawn at the nodes". I was amused, but attempted to politely convince him it wasn't a hack. He seemed dubious, though I think he may have come around on this one.

I can understand that because when I attempted to use one of the far ones assuming that they would take me to the turret controls, they took me to the middle, hence the post. That said, it was the first trip down so perhaps they don't work then?

Edited by Ulfrik_Wulfgar

There are two speeders at the start of the warzone, both take you to mid. Once your team caps a side node, there will be an additional speeder on the outside of those first two in the spawn. If you take the far outside speeders, they will take you to the corresponding side node.

I can understand that because when I attempted to use one of the far ones assuming that they would take me to the turret controls, they took me to the middle, hence the post. That said, it was the first trip down so perhaps they don't work then?

The speeders that take you to the side nodes will be next to the walls if your team owns the side turrets.

IMP: Left wall speeder takes you to East(Snow) turret. Right wall speeder will take you to West(Grass)

PUB: Left wall speeder takes you West(Grass). Right wall speeder takes you East(Snow)

(luckily enough, I got into a civil war match as I was making this post so I was able to hopefully get the directions correct:p)