Hilarious random group

BlueRahja

Disclaimer: This is for sharing funny encounters in random groups, not for hard raging about someone stealing your cloudsong.

First up, I'm a healer. So I queue up for a random on my newest healer, a level 30 sage, a class I am far less comfortable healing with than my agent or bodyguard. Group finally pops up, and its Mandalorian Raiders for me. Not bad, I am familiar from my days as an imperial, so all I have to cope with is my own comfort with the class. Zone in, tank has 2k less health than me. Not a problem. Tank goes invisible. Hoo boy, this is going to be rough.

The tank we had for this dungeon I think spoke english as a second language. Or they didnt speak any language I'm still not sure (zero communication). There's a distinct possibility they were also lost, and didn't know they were in an instance. But something about their behavior made all this badness go from annoying to almost adorable. For some reason it triggered the "D'awwwww, lookit the little bambie" reaction you get watching a puppy explore your home for the first time after buying it.

Every time she wandered off, or invisibled past a pack of angry mandalorians that the rest of the group would then have to kill just to keep up to her, I would just laugh, struggle to keep everyone alive, and move on.

Some highlights:

Randomly walked off during the first boss after losing aggro.

Watched the railcart leave with us all on it, then ran after it like a dog chasing a car, only to check every side corridor for treats.

Was clearly frightened by the witchcraft of CC and would not stand for it. Sometimes only attacking things that were CC'd first.

Had just lost their ability to fly, and were thus caught unawares by the drop off of elevators.

Invis past groups, wait impatiently on the other side.

Group waiting for tank to attack? This is a good time for sexy dancing.

As much as this might sound like a rant about bad players though, honestly and whole heartedly, I was laughing so hard by the time we were done. The other two people in the group, not so much, expecially the smuggler, who had to compete with her needing all his stuff, but, I honestly don't think they knew what they were doing enough to be malicious. All in all, a good time. I would compare the experience to being a Big Daddy following those crazy little girls around in Bioshock. Still fairly certain we might have been being trolled, but regardless, instead of getting mad, it had the opposite effect.

Edited by BlueRahja

I don't think you read what I said. The behavior was beyond "new player" and "lag". This was something completely new. Mostly what fascinated me enough to share was the wondering off. "Bored now....oooohhhh whats that over there?" Edited by BlueRahja

Just curious. There are no tank smugglers so why would your smuggler be competing with the tank for stuff. But anyway, i have been in groups like this and like you, i just have to laugh at them.....i especially notice this for tanks that seem to be totally lost at being a tank. That might be do to the fact that if u list yourself as a tank in gf you will usually get a pop right away.

LOL.. everyone learns.

I had an Assassin Tank the other day that I had to explain "Guard" and how to turn it on me so I stopped drawing all the Aggro. We moved a little quicker after that, but still wiped a couple times. Similiar events to yours when he would attack something you could sneak by and sneak by something you had to attack.

Everyone learns via trial & error. (Even BW - LOL)

A guildmate was once in Black Talon HM for over 2h.

He spent roughly 50k for repairs.

Why?

The healer didn't heal, the tank didn't tank and the other DPS didn't do any damage at all.

Funny scenes:

2nd DPS was a Marauder, at Yadira Ban he jumped to her, took a few swings, then ran away again until he could jump back at her.

The tank lost aggro after a few seconds to my mate. He died, boss was at 90%, so the fight ran only for a few seconds.

They somehow managed to survive as a group of three(note: the concept of a battle-res seems to be unknown to this healer) to stay alive until she enraged. She was at 69% by then.

I nominate the OP for sainthood. I would have left that group after about 10 minutes.

Been playing my healer Operative and it's getting to the point where I'm surprised when a tank guards someone and he and/or the DPS don't constantly break CC. I'm talking level 50 groups here...

A while back I was running Black Talon HM on my freshly minted lv 50 dps assassin, for the record I had about 1.5k more health than him and I spent a large amount of the time tanking the bosses for him. The "tank" in the group was a jugg tank, in dps gear and for some reason was in dps stance. Since then I have read that dps stance is somewhat better for Black Talon since its a short fp and not that challenging but back to the story. After wiping 3x times on the first boss, the droid in the enginering hold we, the healer and I said something to the tank about this and he didn't know that he had a tank stance and that he should be in it. After he got in tank stance and wipping a few more times we finall downed the boss, and right after he went back into his dps stance....and stayed there for the rest of the fp... After seeing this I lost almost all faith in pugs, but it was worth a good laugh at the time.

I've had a couple of moments where my co-players' cluenessless has gone from being really annoying to something I could laugh at. Sometimes I'm just flabergaster though. Had one "special" incident yesterday.

First I'd like to ask why people are queue'ing when they have more important things to do. I find it to be highly respectful to force 3-7 others players to wait while you are feeding your cat. So stop doing that ****.

Anyhow, so in a FP. Spawns just to have one guy go "brb". GREAT! This happens several times throughout the FP and the brb-guy's pal is not playing either when this happens. So the tank and I basically clear most of the FP alone while waiting. I've really lost patience at this point and dont care what I aggro anymore so I wipe once. Brb-guy comes back just when I respawn and accidently aggro another mob on my way back. This is when brb-guy tells me that "it's fiine that I aggroed".***! If it hadnt been for him I wouldnt have died in the first place, it only happened because the FP had taken 30 minutes longer than it should take and I had lost focus.

Moving on and we're on the last convo. This is where brb-guy bursts out in "spacebar". REALLY!!!!! Don't mind us waiting for your sorry *** for 30 minutes but god forbid that we don't save 5 secs by spamming the spacebar.

Obviously all these people thinking the OP is being rude are American - cos only Americans couldn't see this as being funny! Thanks OP - this made me laugh so much - I love those situations where the FPs have become so boring from doing them so many times and when you get someone that is so new and totally lost its hilarious although you don't say anything and try to help them through and remember your first time through!

Lol. Well, inexperienced peeps have to start somewhere. I have no issues with inexperinced players as long as they listen to directions, which most are eager to do. Pugs for me haven't been too bad.

I did have a healer once who thought he was a dps and I mean really thought he was a dps. He was a sage as and a self proclaimed "great" healer. Yet, he would start the pulls and run into the fray healing himself as he went. He also would speed ahead to scout areas, sound familiar? lol. Now, this wouldn't have been so bad at lower levels, but we were running False Emperor.... yea... we wiped a few times at least. However, after a little instruction, all went well and we managed it.

On the flip side, I used group finder last night to run my alt through Maelstrom Prison. Not sure if it was a bug or what, but only 2 others actually appeared at the starting area. After some debate we decided to give it a try. I was a shadow tank, we had a sage healer, and a commando dps all at level or just a little below. And wow... I mean wow... we ran through every bit of it including the bonus without any wipes and in standard time. Seriously, I'm not a bad player, but I'm just learning how to tank. But the results were better than a standard 4 man run. Anyway... just thought I'd share that because pugs can be great experiences too. It's all in the luck of the draw.

Edited by Qarran

Obviously all these people thinking the OP is being rude are American - cos only Americans couldn't see this as being funny! Thanks OP - this made me laugh so much - I love those situations where the FPs have become so boring from doing them so many times and when you get someone that is so new and totally lost its hilarious although you don't say anything and try to help them through and remember your first time through!

Actually us Americans figured it was a namby pamby Euro. See what I did there.

Whoever thought the OP was rude is an idiot regardless of where they are from.

Edit added the was rude, was a bit important.

Edited by Imhotep

Did a HM False Emp two nights back with the guild plus one marauder PUG.

We ROFL stomp it to the Malgus fight.

Time comes where you knock him off the bridge to defeat him.

Knocked back off the bridge and the Mara force lept at that exact moment.

You see malgus go flying down and then the mara right behind him.

I go to the edge, /yell Is he dead?

Mara reponds in party chat, "yep"

"oh good. Thank you for checking"

I know this sounds odd but it made me laugh SO hard!

Doing Esseles HM and the guardian tank has 12k HP, the healer and the other dps are columni geared. Noticing my gunslinger is getting aggro quite often from trash pack even though I wait for aggro to build up for the tank. As soon I attack whatever the tank is attacking I get aggro immediately. I politely ask the tank to guard me so I don't steal threat. I get no response at all from the tank and all attempts to chat with him is met with silence. I'm thinking fine I'm on a European server so he is probably a Russian or something and everyone else in the group are super positive so I let it go.

Then when the tank keeps dieing on trash mobs I realize something is horribly wrong even though I and the healer seems to be tanking most of the trash. We eventually make it to Ironfist and the tank proceeds to die almost immediately despite interrupting headshot. The healer combat res him and top him up. But he dies almost immediately and soon after the rest of the group wipes. We try 5 times and keep wiping. I tell everyone to get up on the bridge so we can avoid aggro the trash that spawns in case it might help the tank survive.

It doesn't help at all and when the tank dies the second time and we wipe I whisper the healer and tell him to ignore healing the tank for the next try. We get up on the bridge and certainly, I steal aggro from the tank almost immediately and the tank dies on the first barrage again. But it turns out a gunslinger in rakata/bh gear can tank Ironfist with help of the defensive cooldowns and a healer blowing the entire resource pool healing him. I just found it hilarious a dedicated tank could be worse at tanking than a gunslinger and that a group finder PUG actually tolerated such poor performance from the tank without complaining. I think we spent 5 hours in there until downing the last boss with me tanking.

I nominate the OP for sainthood. I would have left that group after about 10 minutes.

Been playing my healer Operative and it's getting to the point where I'm surprised when a tank guards someone and he and/or the DPS don't constantly break CC. I'm talking level 50 groups here...

I agree with this 100%. A few weeks ago I was doing False Emperor HM with some pugs. To my not so welcome surprise both the tank and the healer was very poor geared for this HM (only orange gear with purple mods lvl 48-50 and some Tionese gear) but I thought that I should give them a chance. How it went? Well we got wiped three times before even getting to first boss and there we got wiped three times. The healer did sadly enough his job poorly... And I don't even think he was a new player because he tried to explain tactics, that I knowed very well (and I also think that the tank and the other dps knowed) everytime we died. It's good that ppl explain tactics, but you don't need to do that everytime we die, most player are not stupid... Underrstanding that I would loose a ton of credits on repair (which I hate, why BW couldn't you use the money that you used to implement "repair" on so mini-games instead???) I just had to leave that group. Feeling really sorry for my group but there was no chance that we could complete it.... In differnce from the OP I couldn't laughg of the situation in that FP, I cried in pain....

Actually us Americans figured it was a namby pamby Euro. See what I did there.

Whoever thought the OP was rude is an idiot regardless of where they are from.

Edit added the was rude, was a bit important.

Apologies - I in no way meant to insult American people - just think that Europeans are a wee bit more open minded than our US fellow players! But please don't take me wrong - I was in a pug group the other day - and the healer healed nobody but himself - was funny for a bit but half way thorough we had to kick him from the group - on a European server!

Did a HM False Emp two nights back with the guild plus one marauder PUG.

We ROFL stomp it to the Malgus fight.

Time comes where you knock him off the bridge to defeat him.

Knocked back off the bridge and the Mara force lept at that exact moment.

You see malgus go flying down and then the mara right behind him.

I go to the edge, /yell Is he dead?

Mara reponds in party chat, "yep"

"oh good. Thank you for checking"

I know this sounds odd but it made me laugh SO hard!

This was a very funny story, thanks forv sharing :)

Imagine Luke jumping down the reactor tube (or whatever it is) in Episode 6 to check that the emperor really is dead :D

The scene might be like this :

Vader throws the emperor in the reactor tube :D

Emperor: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Then disappear for Darth Vader and Lukes sight.

Luke: Is he dead?

Vader: i don't know....

Luke: Shall I check?

Vader: Maybe so we are sure that we don't see his ugly face again.

Luke jumps...

Luke: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Luke sees emperors dead body.

Luke: He's dead :D Vader use force grip to pull me up!

Vader: No my son, no I will rule the galaxy ALONE!!!!!

Luke: Your ********* :mad:

Luke dies.... :(

Vader destroyes the rebels with the force and rules the galaxy in darkness. :csw_deathstar:

THE END of Star Wars episode 6 alternative ending...

:D:D:D