The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Mandalorian Raiders, commando slinger, vanguard tank me with scoundrel. Everyone seems to be geared. we go through first few pulls. Tank favors los even on very first pull which is strange IMO, but why not. On the very first set of turrets, right before the tram. Tank decides dps can destroy turrets from range with him staying away.

[Tank]: range those LOL

[Tank]: gunslinger can just range those

Before I have time to object the fight starts. I complain that even though it could work I can not heal through as both dps were taking damage.

I was able to heal through this pull but only because I am grossly over geared and I say I should not be expected to. My argument being that if it was someone else the group could have had wiped on something that should not be a problem at all. There was no actual conversation at all, just me typing that information and we move on.

Next on our way to the Command Deck, area with slice-able elevator we move by right side, but someone pulls the turret and the fight breaks out. After clearing the area tank says

[Tank]: my apologies then. I am too much a noob for this group. I will leave, again, I am sorry.

[me]: dont be, just do your job

[dps]: You're doing fine

Tank left the group.

Well, that's a bummer, on the other hand, good riddance. I whisper the tank.

[me]: you can't look at it this way. you will be a noob in any group.

We re-queue and while we wait we proceed to clear the trash. At raiding party I ask the group to try 3 man it, someone suggests we should use a companion, so I bring Corso, and wouldn't you know it, we kill our way through, bonus boss and final boss with only one wipe on a silly misunderstanding where on bonus boss one dps went to trigger the boss, and the other started the fight with final set of turrets. But hey, cant win them all. Lesson here is, who needs to put up with jerks when Corso Rigs can do a better job?

For your information, tank is only required to start the flashpoint, after that you can just leave. Take your moods somewhere else. I too have a tank alt, but I have something called class.

Edited by ELRunninW

Well, for one thing gunslingers/snipers CAN outrange those turrets. Their max range is 30m, a slinger or sniper can stay between 30.1 and 35m out and blow them up with zero danger. Sounds like your derps don't know their class and the tank did.

Plus, I wouldn't claim to have class when you send that snide little whisper afterward. Derps fail to know their max range, derps pull turret instead of waiting for slicer. Tank dropped group and apologised. Think I know who showed the class in that group.

Well, for one thing gunslingers/snipers CAN outrange those turrets. Their max range is 30m, a slinger or sniper can stay between 30.1 and 35m out and blow them up with zero danger. Sounds like your derps don't know their class and the tank did.

Plus, I wouldn't claim to have class when you send that snide little whisper afterward. Derps fail to know their max range, derps pull turret instead of waiting for slicer. Tank dropped group and apologised. Think I know who showed the class in that group.

They can indeed outrange the turrets. I have seen it done several times, though usually if there is just one Sniper in the group, I prefer to just kill them the old-fashioned way. With two Snipers though...

I was in one of those level 55 Czeka (sp) FPs as heals with 2 other healers. One of them never did anything at all but throw the AOE ground heal and bubble himself. I think one time I saw his green name on my screen aside from that. No damage, nothing. I'm a very offensive healer, always have been in every game I play, but to not even do your main job just seemed... what if the other healer and I weren't heals? /shutter

Snide whispers aside, I don't understand why some individuals/groups insist on jumping through hoops instead of just straight up killing. Those turrents are not difficult and will die faster to the whole group doing dmg instead of just one sniper. As an overgeared healer, antics like this annoy me. Another place I see this a lot is S&V, there's a point right before cartel warlords where you can avoid a pull by walking around a room on a ledge. But that always takes forever (much longer than just pulling) and there's always 1 or 2 ppl that fall down, delaying the group that much more...

Snide whispers aside, I don't understand why some individuals/groups insist on jumping through hoops instead of just straight up killing. Those turrents are not difficult and will die faster to the whole group doing dmg instead of just one sniper. As an overgeared healer, antics like this annoy me. Another place I see this a lot is S&V, there's a point right before cartel warlords where you can avoid a pull by walking around a room on a ledge. But that always takes forever (much longer than just pulling) and there's always 1 or 2 ppl that fall down, delaying the group that much more...

This is not jumping through hoops and it will only take a couple of extra seconds. You might be an overgeared excellent healer, but I don't know that, for all I know this might be the first time you ever did this fp and you might not be able to keep up with the extremely high damage those cannons do. It is much easier to just stand back and let a sorc/sniper take care of them than risk a huge repair bill because the healer might have had a hiccup or lag.

For SnV, I agree. The trash mob is very weak, you can knock them off, and it is much easier/quicker to just straight up kill them than try to cross on the ledge.

I love that skip. and I suck at jumping. becasue with that pull, unless you very carefully line of sight them back into a previous room? someone inevitably gets knocked right off into that well on the ground and dies - no matter how overgeared you are, can't heal through that. can't rez either as its too far away, so they still have to run back.

in my experience skip takes the same amount of time, or faster than just killing them, becasue once people know exactly which ledge to walk on, no one dies, unlike pulling, waiting, killing. you do get some extra credits, becasue SnV trash is a veritable goldmine, but that's about it.

I was in one of those level 55 Czeka (sp) FPs as heals with 2 other healers. One of them never did anything at all but throw the AOE ground heal and bubble himself. I think one time I saw his green name on my screen aside from that. No damage, nothing. I'm a very offensive healer, always have been in every game I play, but to not even do your main job just seemed... what if the other healer and I weren't heals? /shutter

its possible they saw that you and the other healer were healing and just decided to just dps (I'm not sure you'd see numbers from their damage)? it sounds like it was story mode (otherwise, why 3 healers) so you don't even need a healer there at all, there are clickable stands that heal entire group. not to mention, someone has to kill the mobs there, can't just leave it to what, one dps you had? tank?

unless of course they didn't dps either, in which case... yeah... bad.

Im a mercenary. My first flashpoint at lvl 14, Black Talon, I needed a piece of armor that was my stat, aim, and a person (i believe it was a juggernaut) accused me of being a ninja. When I explained the fact we were different classes and had different main stats he said "well, I need it for vette." (fyi vette uses cunning) Needless to say I left that group

This is not jumping through hoops and it will only take a couple of extra seconds. You might be an overgeared excellent healer, but I don't know that, for all I know this might be the first time you ever did this fp and you might not be able to keep up with the extremely high damage those cannons do. It is much easier to just stand back and let a sorc/sniper take care of them than risk a huge repair bill because the healer might have had a hiccup or lag.

For SnV, I agree. The trash mob is very weak, you can knock them off, and it is much easier/quicker to just straight up kill them than try to cross on the ledge.

I generally will defer to tanks when I do flashpoints. You are free to los pull, request cc, assign kill order, etc. I won't say anything (usually). It can be annoying though when I get the extreme micromanagement types who insist on doing every pull like this. The turrents in mando are merely one example. My favorite tanks are those who recognize that I am a capable healer and just plow through the fp. It's a compliment I guess.

Mandalorian Raiders, commando slinger, vanguard tank me with scoundrel. Everyone seems to be geared. we go through first few pulls. Tank favors los even on very first pull which is strange IMO, but why not. On the very first set of turrets, right before the tram. Tank decides dps can destroy turrets from range with him staying away.

[Tank]: range those LOL

[Tank]: gunslinger can just range those

Before I have time to object the fight starts. I complain that even though it could work I can not heal through as both dps were taking damage.

I was able to heal through this pull but only because I am grossly over geared and I say I should not be expected to. My argument being that if it was someone else the group could have had wiped on something that should not be a problem at all. There was no actual conversation at all, just me typing that information and we move on.

Next on our way to the Command Deck, area with slice-able elevator we move by right side, but someone pulls the turret and the fight breaks out. After clearing the area tank says

[Tank]: my apologies then. I am too much a noob for this group. I will leave, again, I am sorry.

[me]: dont be, just do your job

[dps]: You're doing fine

Tank left the group.

Well, that's a bummer, on the other hand, good riddance. I whisper the tank.

[me]: you can't look at it this way. you will be a noob in any group.

We re-queue and while we wait we proceed to clear the trash. At raiding party I ask the group to try 3 man it, someone suggests we should use a companion, so I bring Corso, and wouldn't you know it, we kill our way through, bonus boss and final boss with only one wipe on a silly misunderstanding where on bonus boss one dps went to trigger the boss, and the other started the fight with final set of turrets. But hey, cant win them all. Lesson here is, who needs to put up with jerks when Corso Rigs can do a better job?

For your information, tank is only required to start the flashpoint, after that you can just leave. Take your moods somewhere else. I too have a tank alt, but I have something called class.

it sounds like dps were the noobs in this story and tank left when he got sick of being blamed for their stupidity :rak_02:

I generally will defer to tanks when I do flashpoints. You are free to los pull, request cc, assign kill order, etc. I won't say anything (usually). It can be annoying though when I get the extreme micromanagement types who insist on doing every pull like this. The turrents in mando are merely one example. My favorite tanks are those who recognize that I am a capable healer and just plow through the fp. It's a compliment I guess.

Gotten a few whispers from tanks on my Operative healer saying something along the lines of "I can see you can go faster, mind if I just don't heal out of combat" or something like that. It sounds like a vote of confidence!

it sounds like dps were the noobs in this story and tank left when he got sick of being blamed for their stupidity :rak_02:

They can indeed outrange the turrets. I have seen it done several times, though usually if there is just one Sniper in the group, I prefer to just kill them the old-fashioned way. With two Snipers though...

That was a Hard Mode flashpoint and the conversation you have been given was the only exchange in the group chat. No one has blamed anybody for anything. The tank did not attempt to work with the group at all. Telling DPS to do something unconventional while watching them nearly fail and consider that reason for leaving is very low in my opinion. I did whisper the tank what I thought was necessary to make sure he does not think we had an impression he was being sarcastic.

On the other hand I did not really understand why he decided to leave and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Do you think my whisper was out of place? Nevertheless, a noob is a noob no matter how many apologies he can manage to type in a chat before leaving a group for no reason.

Good group member, no matter of the class, will adopt to a situation and try to do the best of it. You don't leave without a good reason. Nobody died, nothing went wrong.

You miss the point the person was easily replaced by a companion, even if you believe DPS was a problem. I can carry you thorough a flashpoint and I dont mind doing it. I once had no gear to show and I needed help my self.

Edited by ELRunninW

This could be a DPS that happen to queue as a healer and not being prepared to actually do any healing at all. I have a commando that I barely do any healing with. If I ever get in a healing role I will be probably in trouble myself.

That was my point of view. It was unnecessary and both dps failed to stay out of range. Tank with resistance and mitigation can be much easier target to heal than two squishy dps. I though it was a mistake to expect a healer to carry them, not that I could not, but still a mistake.

I would agree with you if it was not a way everyone always does it. From a point of view of a tank, which I am myself, it is a walk in a park if I can keep agro on myself at all time. If I have doubts before the pull, I will mark one turret for DPS to take down first and use my skills and abilities to keep both turrets focused on me. Can you call yourself a good tank and yet not be able to handle this? If so, you should stick around and practice not just tell everyone you are not capable of completing the flashpoint and leave. Again, if Corso can do it better than you, what does it tell you?

Im a mercenary. My first flashpoint at lvl 14, Black Talon, I needed a piece of armor that was my stat, aim, and a person (i believe it was a juggernaut) accused me of being a ninja. When I explained the fact we were different classes and had different main stats he said "well, I need it for vette." (fyi vette uses cunning) Needless to say I left that group

That person had no clue what loot ninja is and how to correctly use the gear.

at low lvl it goes so fast i wouldnt notice that he even took it and move on. its better to finish it with exp/socials without items than not finishing it at all

Today I got grouped up with the laziest *********** kid that did nothing but run his mouth and ***** about how the other people in the group played.

first person I ever set to /ignore so I would never get grouped with him again

this was this past weekend, having recently gotten my Merc healer to 50+, i been trying to get some 50 hm runs with guildies we form a group, but we lacking a tank......we figured it couldn't be THAT bad to pug one (despite many many sarcastic remarks from other guildies).

we (55 sniper, 55 mara, 52 merc heals [me]) wait for a bit and we finally get a "tank" (50 sin) and false emperor....

we go in, say hi and all that, and the "tank" just stands there before the first trash pull..... i tell him that he can pull whenever he wants, and he finally does.......we almost wipe on trash, due to him going down faster than a ******'s panties, fortunately my two guildies were WAAAAY overgeared for the FP, and we managed to survive with just the tank dying..... that should have been a dead giveaway something was wrong, as he also had less HP than the healer....

we continue like this for a bit, with him not taunting, guarding the healer (instead of the ovious 55 ubergeared sniper), and waiting ages for pulling (afterwards we theorized he was just hoping someone else would pull/tank).

after the first boss on the bridge kills both the tank and me, and my guildies get him down, they decide to inspect the "tank" a perfectly full set of DPS gear.....then it dawns on us, and we asked him why he queued as a tank if he was DPS, to which, after being asked like 4 or 5 times he replies "i can queue as both so i do".... after some more prodding and asking / demanding he at least puts on some tanking gear, he misteriously disconnects.

Sniper pulls out Scorpio and we proceed to kick FP butt, even wtih my undergeared merc heals.

needless to say the votekick after he DC'd passed as swiftly as a bribe in congress.

all in all, i enjoyed the experience, since it really put my heals to a test, both when the fake tank was "tanking" and when Scorpio was tanking....

but it also pissed me off that a guy could pull the "i can so i do" card in a HM (i can understand in a lowbie SM fp before you know much bout the game).

Anyway, I don't want to be negative and bashing or insulting confused players here. Instead, I'd just like to hear your stories about bizarre / crazy people you meet in Group Finder (or other groups) who make you go :confused: "Huh?? What?!" when you watch them playing.

It's honestly very cute / amusing, except when it gets you killed by enrage timers, etc. :p

As long as you don't post names (player legacy or guild) BW most likely will not mind. IMO sounds like a coward player who wishes he rolled a sage, and probably thinks that when he dies A: his character gets deleted, or B: he loses all of his inventory.

If, in fact, this player is reading this right now... neither of those things happen... if you're a DPS, be a DPS. :p

That was a Hard Mode flashpoint and the conversation you have been given was the only exchange in the group chat. No one has blamed anybody for anything. The tank did not attempt to work with the group at all. Telling DPS to do something unconventional while watching them nearly fail and consider that reason for leaving is very low in my opinion. I did whisper the tank what I thought was necessary to make sure he does not think we had an impression he was being sarcastic.

Sorry, I did not mean to attack anyone with that. I just confirmed you can kill the turrets from afar, but I prefer to just attack unless there are two Snipers. Even then I hardly care, I know the fight and my 55's have good gear. I can pull it off.

This could be a DPS that happen to queue as a healer and not being prepared to actually do any healing at all. I have a commando that I barely do any healing with. If I ever get in a healing role I will be probably in trouble myself.

Notice in the story that he had his AoE heal that he was plopping down from time to time. This is the top-tier ability for healing sages/sorcs. He was just a crappy healer.

Notice in the story that he had his AoE heal that he was plopping down from time to time. This is the top-tier ability for healing sages/sorcs. He was just a crappy healer.

or didn't think they needed to heal anymore then that with 2 other healers in a group, and chose to dps instead.

seriously, sometimes Czerka flashpoints in normal mode give you very odd compositions, since they are not role specific. there are times when the group will let you respec. and there are times when there's no point. I know that on my sorc at least, I would gauge how the other healer is doing and if I see that they are casting and healing and generally making whatever healing effort I may make into overhealing, all the while things are taking forever to die becasue we only have one person doing the damage in a group? I'll just throw lightnings around instead, occasionally plopping down revivification. why? becasue at that point, me killing things will do more good than me trying to heal the damage that's already being healed by someone else.

its pretty similar for me i story mode Esseless/black talon. if I happen to be slotted as a healer with another healer? I adopt to what they are doing. if they just dps, then I go full time healing. if they heal, I pick up dps instead. and in case when the other healer decided to only dps on trash (becasue naturally people don't take damage on trash amirite? >_> ) and then would suddenly switch to healing on bosses, I just adopted and switched to dps on bosses, while healing on trash. sometimes rocking the boat is needed. most of the time, I personally prefer to adopt to the group - nicer and smoother that way. amusingly enough, people rarely notice when I do that as a healer/tank, but they definitely notice when I do it as pure dps :/ I guess becasue you get so used to impatience and grumbling, playing with someone willing to adjust is a novelty.

(and no, I'm not the person that original poster was talking about, unless the run they are talking about happened at least 3 months ago. becasue that was last time I pugged normal mode Czerka, nowadays I either solo them, or run them on hardmode with guild)

Edited by Jeweledleah