re color crystals

ArcaneSammy

hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am at a bit of a loss

im currently max level artifice and would like to learn schematics for new color crystals, I read that if I buy them off the gtn I can bind them then reverse engineer them to learn the schematic, however I have spent nearly 5 million and still not learnt anything.

so my question is, does this work or am I just wasting credits, and if so how can I learn new schematics ?

thanks

im currently max level artifice and would like to learn schematics for new color crystals, I read that if I buy them off the gtn I can bind them then reverse engineer them to learn the schematic, however I have spent nearly 5 million and still not learnt anything.

so my question is, does this work or am I just wasting credits, and if so how can I learn new schematics ?

thanks

Based on anecdotal information, a lot of the color crystals that were once REable for schematics are no longer so.

That being said, so long as the tooltip says there is an RE chance you should be able to get the schematic.

thanks

I am an artificer too. I do craft crystals, and like yo I wanna be able to learn more colors

HOWEVER I have noticed that only a handfull of crystals seems re engineerable, and NONE of them are cartel items

The ones that are made by other crafters, that you find on the GTN, can't be RE'd. Not anymore.

Probably the crystals that drop from operations still can though. Those are tradeable so you may find them on the GTN. I haven't tried since I already got all the schematics (I think), but from drops I've only seen orange and purple ones.

The other ones, dark-blue, dark-red, dark-purple, cyan I'm afraid you won't be able to learn their schematics currently

Edited by wainot-keel

They can't. It got disabled in 4.1 I think. I won one recently but tooltip says no RE available.

Yep I have a guildmate who can confirm this.

Pre-4.1 I got an Orange-Black indestructible color crystal from TfB. I REed it and got the schematic.

A guildmate got the same color crystal from the same place post 4.1 and could not - no research available. He asked me shortly thereafter if I was able, I said yes.

I guess this is the unannounced price we paid for having ALL trained color crystals made into rating 136 (+41 stats) regardless of the grade of materials. FYI they are ALL desirable (Red, Yellow, Orange, Blue, and Green). They may not garner the 100k+ value but considering the cost to manufacture, the profits are very good.

Well, this is a bit of a bummer. It doesn't afffect me since I have them already, but still.

@psandak, why do you correlate the change in the rating crystals and the inability to learn crystals schematics from RE ? Your wording kind of suggests it was intended.

@psandak, why do you correlate the change in the rating crystals and the inability to learn crystals schematics from RE ? Your wording kind of suggests it was intended.

It's a guess that we got one thing at the expense of another (not unprecedented) In this case we get access to a wider range of basic color crystal schematics from the trainer, but we lose the ability to RE OPs dropped color crystals for schematics. Basically it is an inducement to run those ops that drop those crystals.

Edited by psandak

it's sad that I can't learn those black- beauties for myself now.. I would have done that if I knew its comming to the town :/ now i have to buy black-red for 300k only bcs I cant craft them.. (crafted would cost me nothing i have TONS and TONS of green/blue/purple scrap mats...)

They may not garner the 100k+ value but considering the cost to manufacture, the profits are very good.

Over the last year I would craft true red crystals for my Sith characters and man was it costly in mats. Really an RP sacrifice to avoid the orangeish hue of the CM red blades.

Now, grade 2 mats? Crazy!

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted support about this a week or two ago and was told they would notify the developer.

Learning the schematics for War hero crystals was specifically disabled a couple patches ago, based on the notes. No mention of disabling the others. So I'm hoping that not being able to learn the rest is just an unintended side effect of disabling the war hero RE and that things will be fixed.