Companions 101: Vette

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was pretty humorous. When you're in Grathan's estate, and you choose to "befriend" his wife (trying to make good word choices, here!), his wife asks if you're going to ask your companion to leave so they can be more friendly(ahem). The Warrior can choose to say something along the lines of "Vette never leaves my side." And I just laaauuughed and laughed, 'cuz Vette says something like, "You've GOT to be kidding me."

Pretty humorous, in a dark sort of way.

I have a female Twi'lek Marauder with the Sith style markings with red skin , and the same on Vette. Wearing the adaptive Elegant lounge wear armor, wish it came in black. A bit strange being Sith wearing white armor. Looks like two Darth Talon style sisters tearing up the galaxy. My female Chiss Juggernaut uses Quinn, great healer decked in recruit pvp combat medic gear.

I play mostly Pub characters, but I recently rolled a Sith Warrior, and it's quite amusing. Threatening to slaughter and cannibalize a group of thugs, and then playing it off as a figure of speech makes me feel like maybe Vette's attitude is rubbing off on my Juggernaut a bit.

Aric Jorgan for next featured companion!

I like Vette because it is an optimistic character, say what's on her mind, and her replies are funny.

Next companion who want to be is Elara Dorne.

I don't like Quinn Malave, even if it have a prrety face, is the weakest healer character of all companion that are healers.

P.S. I gave the collar from the Vette neck down when we entered in the first cantina that is on the imperial fleet because I don't wanted to treat her like a slave, but as a reliable companion that helps me, even though I have10k DS.

Edited by darpi

I've got a Warrior, Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter, Trooper and Smuggler and Vette is my favorite companion character so far. "If I die I'm going to haunt you." lol She's just like Mission Vao from KOTOR, I even used to give Mission 2 blasters just like Vette has. Edited by MorgonKara

I fracking adore Vette. she is 10 levels of awesome in a 5 awesome can. her sassy attitude, straight forward manner and unfiltered mouth just cannot be denied, as her skill with a pair of blasters cant be denied either.

So far my sith marauder who always had a bit of an anti authoritarian streak in him to begin with clicked immediately with the beauitful young twilek. her attitude and firey personality meshed with his own, and the pair quickly found themselves inseperable. it galls and feeds my marauders rage that he has to play the Imperial when quinns around but make no mistake while he respects the captains contributions and skills, it is Vette for whom he has a special relationship and a fascination for.

Shes kept herself at a distance so far, but is finaly beginning to open up and the relationship is blooming. when my marauder channels his hatred added ot it is his fury at the way Vettes been mistreated in her life and it fuels him to greater power.

together the tow have the galaxy by the horns and with them working together there is nothing that theyc annot acccomplish.

I'm not very fond of Vette, once I was able to I was quick to replace her, she does not fit well with a Sith. She whines way too much, and most of the darkside choices I've found fall under one of her dislikes.

Sith are by nature cruel. Thus is the reason why my affection for this companion will forever remain low.

I'm not very fond of Vette, once I was able to I was quick to replace her, she does not fit well with a Sith. She whines way too much, and most of the darkside choices I've found fall under one of her dislikes.

Sith are by nature cruel. Thus is the reason why my affection for this companion will forever remain low.

Here is an interesting bit of trivia, Vette is voiced by the same actress that played Mission in KOTOR; Catherine Taber.

Both of those are why I'm not a big fan of Vette, especially as a love interest. I actually switched out my male warrior for a female one when I found out that Vette was a love interest. She reminds me far too much of Mission - the 14 year old twi'lek - from KOTOR. (Now that I know who the VA is that conclusion makes more sense for me.) It felt too much like pedophilia. Vette's age isn't explicitly stated, but she certainly doesn't start out displaying the mannerisms of an adult.

The article talks a lot about how Vette makes dicey life choices, but those are all "from a certain point of view." She doesn't go for - or even tolerate - DS choices. Her "questionable" history runs from jumping from a life of slavery into a life of piracy, and her life as a relic hunter. From what we see of the relic hunting, I don't think even the mother's of the people she ripped off would be overly upset about her actions. Her time with the pirates is glossed over except for her relationship with Risha, and based on how she described the pirates I got a more "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves"/"Pirates of the Carribean" feeling than "pirates who'll kill you for your loot."

It took some time for me to warm up to Vette, I like her fine as a "sister" character, but there's a lot of tell and that doesn't match what we're shown about her character.

Vette aside, I'm betting internet cookies that the next article is going to be a female love interest. I adore Elara, Risha is cool, and I'm kinda "meh" on Nadia, but it'd be nice to see something that's not so... obviously catering to the guys. Lets do Qyzen! We can pretend the idea was really to get through the first companion characters you get instead.

Lord Scourge for the next one! Favorite companion in the game!

Well if they won't give us Malavai, yeah, I vote Scourge next too.

And the more I read the forums, I'm willing to bet Andryah is on the payroll to tow the line.

Edited by Lunafox

I found so many of Vette's battle quotes hilarious. Especially "If I die, I'm haunting you."

That said, each of the Companions spotlighted so far has been a romantic option for a male character. Can we get a character that is a romantic option for a female character, like Aric Jorgan or Andronikos Revel? I personally found some of Doc's (from the Knight story) cutscenes hilarious. In particular the marriage.

As a female player, I have noticed an imbalance in companions for male vs female romantic options. A female character only ever has one male interest per class and whereas male characters of specific classes can have 2 romantic options and can even get triangles going.