RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

Just tell us whether it is possible that we will be allowed to transfer to an RP server. Yes or no.

Its a one word answer Bioware, we're not asking for a long drawn out explanation. But until we get that answer in the yellow text we long to see you are making it impossible for people to make a decision as to how to proceed.

Oh, and I don't mean paid transfers..

This :)

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all i really feel for the RP players. All i can say is keep on fighting. I didnt had the move to TOFN as my first choice. I really hoped that Bioware could come up with a more interesting solution than they did. Not to mantion it took them 12 days to come up with move to PVP server that they could have sorted the first day! The Asia Pacific servers are also in the same boat as you (kinda). So lets hope that Bioware can come up with a more elegant solution for you and them. You have my full support!!

Im totally agree with all these... I started to play in Ahto city PVP server, for to play with some "friends" and all I got was an awful experience full of random insults, stupid names everywhere and proplayers wannabe, so I moved to LC.... so, If i can avoid, I wont go to freedom nadd, because of the mainly high spanish community there, which are stupids mainly. of course, there will be childish from other countries, but well... the only I know are those... so, never again, not again like it was on WoW and on Ahto city, or Laurelin in Lords of the rings online, etc etc....

Im "trapped" as well in Lord Calypho between the decision of being alone or suffer stupidity in my daily playtime... so, for the time, I will wait in LC for some answer, and I hope more Rpers do the same...

Fortunately for me, I dont have much more than a lvl 50 player in LC, although that would be a real pain to lost him because Bioware´s fault, I will go before to Progenitor or whatever RP server, before than being again in a PVP server with all that childish community (and im sorry for those friends that were PVPers or non RPers on LC, because they dont deserve such community there, but it will be what they will find).

The annoying thing now is, although we've been given a transfer, the RP people are being ignored. They need an answer. They need an answer now. BW wonder why they have such bad press etc. This is an example of why, when will they learn to understand that? When EA breaks them up and either fires most of them or moves them to different areas and games?

All I see is a group of people who overplayed their hand.

If the RP-PVP community was so large as to even register as a blip on the Bioware subscription numbers you likely have found a different solution. Unfortunately for you, it doesn't register and you got a bone thrown to you.

Run with it and make the best of it. Its not like there are any enforced rules that RP brings to a server it is merely a beacon for a play style. It is still 100% player driven so if you drive on over to Tomb and keep doing what you are doing there should be zero issue.

Keep saying it to yourself, the RP in any server designation means nothing official. It never has, it never will. It was a way to help RPers organize a bit. Since you all can only move one place that organization is no less.

Everyone who happily transferred now and is defending Bioware's decision to ignore RP community of Lord Calypho and other language RP-PVP European servers - you are wrong!

Basically what I'm saying is that IF they had only three possible options:

-> transfer to PvP

-> transfer to RP-PvE

-> transfer to PvE

IF they could NOT give us a choice between those servers, because their tech is limited only to "1 origin -> 1 destination" model, then choosing ToFN as a destination was BY FAR the best choice they could have made.

That is IF they had no other choice.

Keep saying it to yourself, the RP in any server designation means nothing official. It never has, it never will. It was a way to help RPers organize a bit. Since you all can only move one place that organization is no less.

This is akin to saying that you can go clothes shopping at stores intended for the opposite gender. I'm sure if I took you shopping I'd find you something that would fit, but I doubt you'd be very comfortable by the time I'd finished.

In fact I suspect you'd complain no matter how pretty I made you look.

Edited by Ellren

This is akin to saying that you can go clothes shopping at stores intended for the opposite gender. I'm sure if I took you shopping I'd find you something that would fit, but I doubt you'd be very comfortable by the time I'd finished.

Oh, it's good to smile. First one I've had all day...

Thank you for that. :)

This is beautiful! Please take him shopping.

8:28pm Lord Calypho: 9 people online on Imperial Fleet.

I really don't care what you do...just do something! .... please? :)

Well, they did -something-, but they did not please some part of the community.

I wish they gave the option for RPers too, but at this point, I -highly- doubt they will do anything more. Because, if they give the option, they will be doing a policy change which will anger the rest of the community, since other servers only had one option.

I feel for you guys. But I think they will not do anything more for the initial character transfers. For the next round, where there are less restrictions on transfers, you can find a better home. Until then, you can take the transfer and bring your RP community with you? If you think the maturity level is a concern, you know "/Ignore" is hell of a command. You can clear the garbage people from your social notifications right away.

Edited by Ghostuka

8:28pm Lord Calypho: 9 people online on Imperial Fleet.

I really don't care what you do...just do something! .... please? :)

8:48 on a Friday evening 54 people online on the Sith side total...of which 3 lvl 50's (including me)...

The problem here and what Bioware, neither other companies noticed is that if you put the hardcore people over the loyal people who likes your game, because of the background or whatever, what you will get is that those loyal people will left your game, so you lose money, and those hardcore players will left the game, with time, because you cant give them enough high content for they stay in game in medium-long time... so, you will lose money again...

With all the offer in MMO, the incoming Secret World, Guild Wars 2, etc..., those hardcore players will change of game as quick as we change of underwear... so, for me... were better to keep a loyal quantity of players, easy to keep happy, with all their roleplay, and great game experience than to try to keep happy a community that never will be happy, because they only use these games as a way to strengthen their maleness :p.

Hi folks,

I just wanted to take some time to address the folks that have been disappointed with the decision to allow transfers from the European RP-PvP servers to a destination PvP server. As background, the Character Transfer Service is intended to offer players an opportunity to move to a pre-selected single server that provides for a better gameplay experience via a higher population. When we initially came up with the list of destination servers, we wanted to match each origin server up to a similar playstyle destination server. This obviously worked with the majority of servers. However, due to smaller demand for the playstyle, there was only one RP-PvP server per language when the game went live.

We wanted to maintain this type of server as an option for players and we felt that the current players that were already on these servers (who specifically selected an RP-PvP playstyle) didn’t want to change that, so we left them untouched. However, after the character transfer service process began, we immediately saw that many players on European RP-PvP servers wanted to have the option to move to a higher population server.

Since our policy for Free Character Transfers is to only allow one destination server per origin server, we had to decide: will we allow these players to transfer to an RP-PvE server or a PvP server?

Due to the fact that PvE and PvP are two fundamentally different server rulesets, the choice to open PvP server destinations made the most sense. The game does impose different rules on players on PvE and PvP servers, but there are currently no rules enforced for RP players – the designation is there to indicate to players who prefer to roleplay that a server is a good choice for them.

For players that feel that the RP-PvP experience is more important, there is no requirement to leave the RP-PvP server, and we encourage players who prefer the RP-PvP playstyle to continue playing on these servers.

Please keep in mind that this is all part of our initial phase of the Character Transfer Service and that we will be monitoring the situation closely on these three servers going forward. Your feedback is very important and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts during the process.

Edited by AllisonBerryman

I just want to add my voice to those who want the option to move to Progenitor or another RP server.

With the transfers the server is now essentially dead. I want to transfer but I want to go to a RP server not a PvP server. I joined the server in the first place more for it's 'RP' than it's 'PvP'. Basically, the RP was more important to me but the PvP was a nice bonus. So going to a PvP server isn't appealing as RP is the main reason I play.

Same goes for my sister and girlfriend who play there with me. We'll stay on Calypho if no option opens up but none of us will be too thrilled because the server is a ghost town now. Warzone queues take forever and there's barely a community left in general nevermind an RP one. :(

My greatest thank yous Joveth :). It's good to hear something, even if I don't like the outcome.

But I have one question. Can you reveal anything about the next stage of the transfers? I mean, I think our guild is going to transfer to the Progenitor anyway, regardless of the transfers, starting from scratch, and if there is even a slight chance I would be able to get my toons there at a later point, I would not start again with my main. If that is not clear enough, let me just put it straight: I don't want to waste the 15 days of play time I've spent on my character, will there be a chance to get him to the Progenitor later?

Edited by Scalarik

This is a really bad decision. Everyone knows how toxic the atmosphere on pure PVP servers is towards roleplayers. So, the only choice those who do not want to expose themselves to an endless stream of trolling and griefing, or who are not interested in PVP is to stay behind on a server that is slowly bleeding out? Not acceptable and a show of very poor judgement.

This is one of those situations where a tailor-made solution as absolutely justified. Give the roleplayers the chance to migrate to RP-PVE servers in their respective languages, please.

As a roleplayer I am sick of being treated as a second class customer.

This is one of those situations where a tailor-made solution as absolutely justified. Give the roleplayers the chance to migrate to RP-PVE servers in their respective languages, please.

As a roleplayer I am sick of being treated as a second class customer.

Agreed.

I think the problem is at first glance to someone who doesn't RP a PvP server makes more sense because of the ruleset. But the problem is a lot of role players are role players first and PvP players second (not all, but a lot). So a PvP server is not desirable in the slightest to those people.

Basically, I'll re-roll on a RP server before I'll transfer regardless of how bad things get.

Hi folks,

For players that feel that the RP-PvP experience is more important, there is no requirement to leave the RP-PvP server, and we encourage players who prefer the RP-PvP playstyle to continue playing on these servers.

I'm going to be the first to admit that I have not been pleased about the way server transfers were handled, and this situation directly doesn't affect me on a US PVE server, but the quoted statement seems grossly naive. What you are telling these people specifically, and similar fashion to many other is: you have a choice, a healthy community, or a playstyle (or whatever else is important to you), because we simply cannot support both now.

What was important to me, were my character names, my guild, my small community, and you are right, I didn't have to transfer, but when a server goes from 80-90 on fleet to 4 because we got chosen as an origin server.... the choice becomes obvious. Yes, I still don't have to transfer, but I'll have to be an economy of one. I have to farm everything I want. And if I am lucky, maybe the 4 people on fleet now will be enough to clear some of the content I had hoped to see. Or I can just come to grips with reality, and accept that my choice was made for me.