how can i get money in the game?

HeduarC

how can i get money in the game i have 2000 cartel coins and i am suscrived how can i spend in money in the game or there are another way to get money please now i have 23,254 money but ned more =) ?

What I am getting from your post is that basically you want to use real world money via cartel coins to acquire credits in game?

If that is the case, you may be hard pressed. There is no direct method for doing this (too close to Pay to Win). But there are a few indirect ways. The most common method is to purchase cartel market packs, hope you get something rare, and sell it on the GTM. The caveat is that you must wait 36 hours for the items in the pack to unbind from the character you opened the pack with.

More traditionally, questing (class story, planet story, and side quests) should generate more than enough credits to train your character's abilities and work crew skills. What questing does not provide is buying stuff off the GTM while leveling. Leveling gear on the GTM is usually priced with the intention of selling to players with lots of credits to burn. If you are not one of those then stop buying stuff off the GTM.

Additional credit generating features of the game are the daily quests, for space combat, flashpoints and warzones. Planetary heroic mission quests (that refresh daily) are also a good credit source.

Edited by psandak

What I am getting from your post is that basically you want to use real world money via cartel coins to acquire credits in game?

If that is the case, you may be hard pressed. There is no direct method for doing this (too close to Pay to Win). But there are a few indirect ways. The most common method is to purchase cartel market packs, hope you get something rare, and sell it on the GTM. The caveat is that you must wait 36 hours for the items in the pack to unbind from the character you opened the pack with.

More traditionally, questing (class story, planet story, and side quests) should generate more than enough credits to train your character's abilities and work crew skills. What questing does not provide is buying stuff off the GTM while leveling. Leveling gear on the GTM is usually priced with the intention of selling to players with lots of credits to burn. If you are not one of those then stop buying stuff off the GTM.

Additional credit generating features of the game are the daily quests, for space combat, flashpoints and warzones. Planetary heroic mission quests (that refresh daily) are also a good credit source.

ok what about the weapons for example if i buy a wepon from cartel market could i buy in GTN ? 'cause item is bound or not¡?

There are several areas in the game with "daily quests" which you can do to earn money and commendations: The Black Hole on Correlia, Ilum, Belsavis, Section X, Makeb.

I also suggest training the Slicing profession on all your characters. Get slicing to 450, use companions that have +critical chance to slicing, and get their affection to 10k then run Rich Slicing missions. It takes a while to set all this up but it's worth it.

Edited by Projawa

1. Sell stuff you don't need on the GTN. If it does not sell, sell it to a vendor. Much of the stuff that drops is useless to you anyway. There's no reason to keep it.

2. You can buy something with your Cartel Coins and sell it on the GTN. 2000 ought to be enough to buy an armor set, for example. You then put he pieces on the GTN. All this is based on whatever is selling well. That's up to you to research. For example, BW recently stopped selling Gold Scalene Armor on the CM. Now the chest piece alone sells for a million credits. Of course, you can bet wrong here, too. The market could go down to below what you paid for the item.

Cartel Packs do well on the GTN. (I don't get why, but that's another issue.) If you buy a Hypercrate on the CM for 6,000 or so CC (a little over $40.00), then you can sell each crate for about 1/4 million credits, netting you about 6,000,000. Of course, you are playing into BW's money-making scheme here by spending real money beyond your subscription, but that issue was not part of your question.

I am in the midst of an experiment with one toon. The idea was to see how much it would take to level him to 50 as a solo player (i.e.: Few Heroics or FPs) if he could buy everything he needed immediately. So this meant paying for training immediately upon leveling (This can get quite expensive at the higher levels), buying him and a companion a full set of mods every four levels, regardless of planetary comms, etc.

One caveat on him was that he was not to be a spendthrift and spend foolishly. He was to loot most all corpses for credits and other drops. His adaptive armor was the cheapest available: No Gold Scalene. He was to do most all planetary quests, including any Bonus Series, to get comms. He was to buy no fluff: No pets, no fancy speeders, nothing off the GTN but mods when he did not have enough comms. He was also to use Quick Travel when possible to avoid a taxi charge, and he was to consolidate trips to keep travel costs down. In other words, he was to play in a financially conservative manner.

He's now at Level 45 and about a million credits in the hole. :-)

1. Sell stuff you don't need on the GTN. If it does not sell, sell it to a vendor. Much of the stuff that drops is useless to you anyway. There's no reason to keep it.

2. You can buy something with your Cartel Coins and sell it on the GTN. 2000 ought to be enough to buy an armor set, for example. You then put he pieces on the GTN. All this is based on whatever is selling well. That's up to you to research. For example, BW recently stopped selling Gold Scalene Armor on the CM. Now the chest piece alone sells for a million credits. Of course, you can bet wrong here, too. The market could go down to below what you paid for the item.

Cartel Packs do well on the GTN. (I don't get why, but that's another issue.) If you buy a Hypercrate on the CM for 6,000 or so CC (a little over $40.00), then you can sell each crate for about 1/4 million credits, netting you about 6,000,000. Of course, you are playing into BW's money-making scheme here by spending real money beyond your subscription, but that issue was not part of your question.

I am in the midst of an experiment with one toon. The idea was to see how much it would take to level him to 50 as a solo player (i.e.: Few Heroics or FPs) if he could buy everything he needed immediately. So this meant paying for training immediately upon leveling (This can get quite expensive at the higher levels), buying him and a companion a full set of mods every four levels, regardless of planetary comms, etc.

One caveat on him was that he was not to be a spendthrift and spend foolishly. He was to loot most all corpses for credits and other drops. His adaptive armor was the cheapest available: No Gold Scalene. He was to do most all planetary quests, including any Bonus Series, to get comms. He was to buy no fluff: No pets, no fancy speeders, nothing off the GTN but mods when he did not have enough comms. He was also to use Quick Travel when possible to avoid a taxi charge, and he was to consolidate trips to keep travel costs down. In other words, he was to play in a financially conservative manner.

He's now at Level 45 and about a million credits in the hole. :-)

ok i undesrtood , but if i buy armor set from CM no is bound?

Anything bought off the CM is Bound to the character you bought it with for a period of 36 hours. If you equip a CM bought item during that 36 hour period it is permanently Bound (as Bind on Pickup). After the 36 hours is up, a CM purchased item becomes Bind on Equip meaning it can be sold on the GTM. If you equip it after the 36 hours it is bound to the character you equipped it on (as per rules of Bind on Equip).

What psandak said. The delay is probably there to prevent you from taking instant advantage of a GTN trend and flip a product immediately. You'll have to cool your jets for a day and a half, which probably means two days, really, and nothing on the market can be listed for more than 2 days at a time. So this cool down is really long enough for the market to shift, and it's part of the risk you are taking by doing this. Is this a flash-in-the-pan situation, or is the market for the item more solid? That's for you to determine.

IMO you REALLY have to pay attention to what Bioware is doing here because they intentionally manipulate the market by creating artificial scarcities. The Gold Scalene is a good example. They did the same thing with the Crime Lord's Cartel Pack. They announced ahead of time these items would be pulled, so what do you think happened?

Some people were really smart and some people who thought they were really smart were really stupid. Being smart, they BOUGHT these items so they would have them when they were no longer available. The week after the patch that removed them, some of these really smart people were really stupid because they flooded the market with this stuff and there were hundreds of cartel packs for sale from hypercrates. Stuff that had been selling for 350K was selling for 175K. And there were STILL people attempting to sell entire hypercrates for 6 million!

So the price went down as everyone undercut everyone else to get the stuff sold. And some other smart people presumably held onto this stuff to wait until the feeding frenzy went down so they would have less competition in selling their copies. NOW the issue is, when is the right time to sell? If Bioware suddenly re-introduces these removed items, all will be lost. As always, buy low, sell high and good luck to those who play this game.

If you are going to buy stuff from Cartel market make sure it is a collection item and that it is useful, not just fluff. There are power, Crit, Endurance and Presence based +41 orange crystals on the GTN that are a collection bound item which are level 50 equivelant that you can wear at level 35 so these would be high demand now and hence players would more than likely willing to pay big credits for them over actually using cartel coins. Really you should use these crystals for yourself but if you want big credits I reckon these would sell well now, but like above has stated if the market becomes saturated so the price drops, supply and demand remember.

Adaptive armour can sell well but its all down to looks so prices on GTN can be very varied, one persons beauty is another persons beast so to speak. Players with credits to burn will also pay well for the packs for that chance to get a rare item, a few 100k to high level players is nothing as he can build that back up quickly.

Having lots of credits is not the be all and end all mind and certainly not while leveling. The game provides enough in loot and quest rewards really to maintain enough funds to play the story without concern. You can level right up fine without ever going on the GTN to buy stuff, because of all the loot you get especially in flashpoints and doing dailes.

Having lots of credits early on will allow you to build your craft mission and gather skills quicker as you can buy more mats from GTN to supplement the gather missions, and you can also buy a few XP unlocks from the legacy and a adaptive speeder maybe, but it's only a small bonus really.

Just enjoy the game story and leveling process rather than getting bogged down with making lots of credits;)

Just enjoy the game story and leveling process rather than getting bogged down with making lots of credits;)

This.

I'll never understand people who fuss over making credits before reaching maximum level. Just doing your average leveling missions should give you more than enough credits to buy skills with (and with credits to spare if you're the type who likes to keep the mods in their gear up to date). Just sit back and enjoy the game while leveling and, if you avoid making silly purchaces on the GTN, you should have no problems with credits.:)

Once you hit 55 (or 50 if you don't have the expansion) you can just do dailies for credits and be surprised by how many you make.

To give an example, I haven't focused on making large amounts of credits but just by doing weeklies every now and again I've made around 5 million over the past couple of months, even after making some silly purchaces on the GTN.

I'll never understand people who fuss over making credits before reaching maximum level. Just doing your average leveling missions should give you more than enough credits to buy skills with (and with credits to spare if you're the type who likes to keep the mods in their gear up to date). Just sit back and enjoy the game while leveling and, if you avoid making silly purchaces on the GTN, you should have no problems with credits.

The game isn't just about leveling. Playing the GTN, crafting, etc. ARE part of the game, maybe not the part you are most interested in, but nevertheless part of the game. This guy was asking how to make credits in the game, a legitimate question.

I don't know how people play who find it extremely easy to earn sufficient credits. Perhaps a lot of flashpoints, PvPs, and Heroic-4's will do it, but in my experience as a usually solo player, it ain't that easy. My "Test Toon," whom I created just to scope these issues out, is a million credits in the hole at 45. Why? Because I insisted on keeping the mods in his gear up to date every fourth level (so I'm not quite understanding your statement to the effect that this nets you credits.) and I insisted on buying him all training offered, even if it was $57K to update a weapons burst to the next level. I'm not going to beat the Gold Guys if I'm not on top of the game.

Now, could it be I'm simply an unskilled player? It could be because that is a relative term, but I can tell you that I'm a much better player than I was when I started, that's for sure! And my choices for Test Toon have been very frugal: No fluff from the CM, conserve travel costs, buy nothing not needed, loot all corpses, sell all unused equipment GTN if possible--those sorts of decisions that would tend to maximize credits, not waste them.

Now for this guy I didn't make him go earn credits. I loaned him the million from my Uncle Rich Toon. It may be he'll be able to repay this loan in a few levels. We'll see--that's part of the experiment. I'm sure there are lots of ways to play this game and I think that's great. But I also think that if a guy wants to earn credits, he's not asking to be told he shouldn't try to earn credits. The game is a whole lot more enjoyable (and just as legitimate) if you can afford to equip yourself with gear that prevents you from getting repeatedly killed.