Time to end Biochem reusables

Chunkie

As i see it remove reusable on purple pots, stim for Bio or simple add BOP on all pruple/orange items you can make in all crafting.

I want the purple pots/stims to be the best but everyone should be able to use it not just the ones how are Bio and as long as they are reusable it meen you need to craft 4 to get it to all your character (if you have 1 off all classes) and that is stuped, but it is to expensive if you only get 1/craft so it should make 10-20 depend on if you crit or not, *** it is now on Bio it should then be able to add 1 mod in all armour/weapons i have instead off needing to make ~10/character.

Edited by skidrows

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i see it remove reusable on purple pots, stim for Bio or simple add BOP on all pruple/orange items you can make in all crafting.

I want the purple pots/stims to be the best but everyone should be able to use it not just the ones how are Bio and as long as they are reusable it meen you need to craft 4 to get it to all your character (if you have 1 off all classes) and that is stuped, but it is to expensive if you only get 1/craft so it should make 10-20 depend on if you crit or not, *** it is now on Bio it should then be able to add 1 mod in all armour/weapons i have instead off needing to make ~10/character.

By the time you'd have lvled all adv. classes to lvl 50 to a max of 8, you'll be swimming in creds, taking biochem is good enough taking just once 1 time on the jedi knight because of the companion doc who has a bonus crit to biochem. If you got 4 chars to lvl 50 chances are you got more then enough income to farm enough bio and diplomacy mats to make plenty of blue stims. The blue stims here are even easier to make in comparison to say the flasks in wow, that also lasts through death and is active for 2 hours.

This might suck for adrenals but really now just like in say wow youre not going to use a (pot) adrenal for every group of mobs, you'd only use it for the boss fights.

For pvp? I dunno as much fun as that could be just popping an adrenal for that no thx, the blue stims will do. As for the implants? Well those are BOE, unless there are raid drops that are BOP. But if you want the implants for your biochemist and other chars just having biochem once is good enough. Taking it more then once is really rediculous.

I know I will be lvling each adv.class so that gives me access to all crafts + 2 extra of my choice that could be biochem I guess.

Bottom line is don't fall in the same thought process as others ooh must have biochem else I cant compete nonsense.

The crafts avaible atm are:

Biochem, Cybertech, Armstech, Armormech, Artifice, Synthweaving.

As for gathering materials? I have 4 chars now, they have all the gathering skills.

Basicly with another 4 adv.class lvled up getting mats would be even easier.

All that is holding you back in the end are creds.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee

Buff the medpacks,

remove adrenals or give them to another profession.

Buffing medpacks would make the pvp versions useless and would make it too strong in pvp.

Unless the use of crafted medpacks are forbidden in pvp, this won't work.

This would be fine for solo use or in raids. But I reckon in raids the issue that could occur is that healers have alot easier job if everyone in the raid can use a very strong medpack every 2 mins or whatever. Adrenals would only fit in biochem.

So the last option would be removing them but that's not going to happen.

Believe it or not, but some of us don't care about the market value.

Some of us craft for personal use only.

This pretty much, as fun as it would be too sell lots of stuff for massive creds all it will do is fund your future RE plans and repair bills more or less. If youre on a low server pop like I am then being able to make pretty much everything, for any spec, any quality is great. Not to mention pimping out companions, helping friends and the guild far outweighs the creds anyday. Heck when I get as far as I mentioned above, I'll probably be giving away stuff practically for free on the GTN, no point in putting in huge prices if theres hardly anyone to buy them to begin with.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee

Like the title says, i think it's time to end this. It clearly is overpowering because having a free heal, free adrenals and free stims is just too powerful.

Even Biochemists should want this change, because with so many biochemists, the market for stims and medpacs is just not there.

The perks for a biochemist should be stronger stim/adrenals/medpacs for their own use only. Change the reusables to the Exotech (requiring 400 biochem to use), and drop their mats to only requiring one Radioactive Paste (4 is absurd).

Adrenals are too expensive currently. A good start would be to cut their mats by half.

For ops schematics, make the Exotech have a 4 hour duration that anybody can use (and requiring 4 Radioactive Paste).

The other crafting skills aren't broken. Some require tweeks, but they ARE viable. It's just when people compare them to Biochem, they see it as useless. When people look up stims and see that 2 stims is the same price as a reusable, it's a no-brainer that stims are a ripoff or/and that biochem reusables is too fantastic to not have.

I actually like this suggestion.

I would contend, further, however, a few changes.

Grant them greater power for the intended level use. They are very weak currently.

Lessen the cost of mats and the time involved in farming them

Allow them to be produced in greater bulk, such as 2 to 6 pre turn.

This would tend to make the skill viable and the actual pots more useful and available to the average player at reasonable cost. Cost would be kept reasonable by the market production as well as market yield. In fact, doing so would tend to lessen the unbalancing effect of the perma-pots and tend to make them, if they remain bio-chem only, less of an issue as everyone would have access to equally powerful items at reasonable cost....a developed market.

I don't know about the viability of Biochem, but consumable items should be an end game money sink. There should be no reusable pots/stims/adrenals.

Following your contention, which I tend to agree with, and my above suggestion, the use of reusable pots by Biochemist would no longer be an issue of contention, but truly a perk of the trade.

Likewise, the injection of viable end game (obligatory second or third best in slot) mods, armor, weapons produced by the other trades should follow that model. Perks there should be an extra buff, or slot for the particular crafter as his perk. This would make even those viable to all up to the higher raid level, and definitely in the running for use while leveling.

That is a model, used to relative success, by other games. It is the best I've seen to date.

You have to be mentally unstable if you think Biochem is overpowered and needs to get nerfed..

Tell me this, What other benefit is there to go any other crafting skill?.. Nothing.

That means that all the other crafting skills are underpowered and suck, they need to get buffed. Biochem is a perfectly fine crew skill, just seems overpowered when you compare it to the other crew skills that are bad.

Easy Fix: Make the other crew skills just as rewardable as Biochem..

You have to be mentally unstable if you think Biochem is overpowered and needs to get nerfed..

Tell me this, What other benefit is there to go any other crafting skill?.. Nothing.

That means that all the other crafting skills are underpowered and suck, they need to get buffed. Biochem is a perfectly fine crew skill, just seems overpowered when you compare it to the other crew skills that are bad.

Easy Fix: Make the other crew skills just as rewardable as Biochem..

Well said. It's not that Biochem is too good, the others arent great. Think BW even mentioned this and they are working on it.

Following your contention, which I tend to agree with, and my above suggestion, the use of reusable pots by Biochemist would no longer be an issue of contention, but truly a perk of the trade.

Likewise, the injection of viable end game (obligatory second or third best in slot) mods, armor, weapons produced by the other trades should follow that model. Perks there should be an extra buff, or slot for the particular crafter as his perk. This would make even those viable to all up to the higher raid level, and definitely in the running for use while leveling.

That is a model, used to relative success, by other games. It is the best I've seen to date.

I'm guessing you mean things, like scavenging giving bonus endurance or some such?

Or gives a certain temporary buff? Like in wow, having herbalism gave a haste buff?

If every crew skill were to get something similiar I'd agree, but unless they do, it's better not to mess anymore with biochem as it is.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee

nothing needs to change until we see 1.2 in march

with 1.2 we are supposedly going to be able to pull the mods, enhancement and armoring out of pve and pvp set pieces and put them anything we want to have the look we want

why does this mean nothing should change with crafting as it is now? because crafted, moddable critted pieces will become best in slot in EVERY slot

this meansyou can have a crafted moddable weapon that has the crystal, barrel, mod and enhancement from that rakata weapon PLUS an augment of your choice. same is now true for all of the moddable pieces of armor that are craftable through armortech

all of you armor/armstech people out tehr play smart - get those biometric cyrstals adn start going for crit moddable pieces and saving them until this change hits. you will be billionaires overnight. i personally an willing to pay 5 million EACH for two mod crit blasters for my bh when this change hits.

since biochem crafted implants are not best in slot - rakata from dailies are - the value to end game money making for the profession won't be anywhere near on par as it will be with synthweaveing/armormech/armstech for those that have the resources and the will to farm biometrics and make crafted moddable gear

Edited by Corran

I think some people that call for a biochem nerf arent really getting it.

The problem isnt as much biochem as it is with the lack of utility from other crew skills.

Artifice: You can make pink lightsaber crystals (if you have the recipe) and is pretty much only good for that. The hilts and crystals are complely useless since you can get better from flashpoints/operations/warzones( to a degree) and simply turning in daily commendations. Yes you can make relics, but big woop you can get better ones from the afformentioned activities.

Synthweaving: Big woop, you can make belts and bracers. Mildly better then gear you can get from Flashpoints/Operations/Warzones. There is no use for it.

Armortech: Same as synthweaving. No use.

Armstech: Same as Artifice, although I dont think you can make the pink crystals. again big woop, its useless.

Cybertech: The only crew skill that is midly any good next to Biochem, can make grenades on a 5 minute CD, big woop, 5 minute CD is once per boss fight, Its pretty much useless but atleast less useless then the other crew skills.

Biochem: its usefull not just for implants but for the re-useable effects on items you can discover by either RE or by getting the special mats from Flashpoints/Operations.

Yes, Biochem is EXTREMELY strong, but only because the other crew skills are EXTREMELY weak. Biochem doesnt need another nerf, Fact is the current nerfs that effect biochem are silly and were only needed to bring it down too the usefullness of the other skills and still its more powerfull. Fact is The problem isnt biochem the problem is the other crewskills not adding anything to this game or the GTN money making bussiness that validates lvling them on any character. If gear wasnt so piss easy to get and the other skills could make Hilts/barrels/Augments whatever on the same level or slightly better then what Flashpoint/Operations/Warzones/Daily missions can provide the other Crew Skills would be great and you would probably see alot more people with those skills around.

I love and hate crafting in any game but what many companies miss is the fact that they need to make a choice to make crafting usefull or just some useless timesink for players to use. Bioware doesnt seem to know what way to go just yet.

Give the other crew skills similar dmg/healing/tanking benefits as biochem gives rather then nerfing biochem where the people of lesser comprehension are screaming about.

"Time to end Biochem reusable"...

After trying a whole bunch of crew skills to finally discover one that suits me, grinding it to 400 with bioanalysis and diplomacy, spending a lot of money, sacrificing gear in the process: NO WAY! :)

Just improve the others. Player crafting rare and raid loot should be the best gear.

"Time to end Biochem reusable"...

After trying a whole bunch of crew skills to finally discover one that suits me, grinding it to 400 with bioanalysis and diplomacy, spending a lot of money, sacrificing gear in the process: NO WAY! :)

Just improve the others. Player crafting rare and raid loot should be the best gear.

I disagree completely with your second statement, you left out pvp gear wich should be the best gear for pvp, wheather you like pvp or not it is not fair to force the pvpers to pve in order to max out there gear.

Like the title says, i think it's time to end this. It clearly is overpowering because having a free heal, free adrenals and free stims is just too powerful.

Even Biochemists should want this change, because with so many biochemists, the market for stims and medpacs is just not there.

The perks for a biochemist should be stronger stim/adrenals/medpacs for their own use only. Change the reusables to the Exotech (requiring 400 biochem to use), and drop their mats to only requiring one Radioactive Paste (4 is absurd).

Adrenals are too expensive currently. A good start would be to cut their mats by half.

For ops schematics, make the Exotech have a 4 hour duration that anybody can use (and requiring 4 Radioactive Paste).

The other crafting skills aren't broken. Some require tweeks, but they ARE viable. It's just when people compare them to Biochem, they see it as useless. When people look up stims and see that 2 stims is the same price as a reusable, it's a no-brainer that stims are a ripoff or/and that biochem reusables is too fantastic to not have.

Horrible idea, how about instead other professions get some awesome reusable stuff?

cybertech: repair bot that can be dropped down for ops/hardmodes, an item that can battle rez someone.

armortech/synthweaving: boots that can be activiated to increase run speed by 15% for 30 seconds.

Not sure about other crafts I'm sure the devs could come up with some cool stuff though. Make crafting actually fun!

The real problem is, that the best Medipack I can craft for Non-Biochems uses 2 Green Tier 5 Mats (Red Goo and Quick Grow Agent). With Bionanlysis I get 3 Missions in this Tier for the white Mats that you can buy at the Crew Skill vendor. Then there is ONE Mission for Compunds and 1 for Samples.

Each of these Missions get 3 times out of 4 the wrong material and not the Red Goo dn Quick Growth Agent.

Just look in the Marketplace. 1 green mat tier 5 "Quick Grow Agent" goes for 3.600k if it is cheap, and up to 5k. Even for these prices there are often only 30-40 availabe. If I buy the mats on AH I must pay 16.000 Credits to craft a green medipack for my guildmates. If I try to get the Mats via bioanaylsis it takes endless time (because I only get 1 Mission) and creds.

Just increase the rate that these very important mats are gathered through bionanalysis and delete these completly useless missiosn for syringes at tier 5. 1 syringe costs 10 creds at the crew skill vendor, I DON'T need 3 Missions for that in tier 5.

If these green tier 5 mats would be equally easy availabe as the most tier 5 green mats, than you would see blue Med-/Buff-/Adrenals at the AH for very reasonable prices. Now I pay 16k+ to craft 1 green Medpack, so nobody bothers to craft them because no one will buy them at these prices.

Mats for products that are used up must be easy and cheap to get, so that everybody crafts these consumables. Then every Non-Biochem can buy cheap stacks at the AH and nodoby loses.

I have 500+ blue Mats for Tier 5 and 6, I even have more Mandalorian Iron than these critical mats for consumables. An as the mats are tier 5, the 340 missions from the top slicing tier aren't useful to get them.

Edited by JujuManiac

Horrible idea, how about instead other professions get some awesome reusable stuff?

cybertech: repair bot that can be dropped down for ops/hardmodes, an item that can battle rez someone.

armortech/synthweaving: boots that can be activiated to increase run speed by 15% for 30 seconds.

Not sure about other crafts I'm sure the devs could come up with some cool stuff though. Make crafting actually fun!

cybertech idea is good and has been used before it worked for engineering in wow and everyone liked it.

Armormech/synthweaving: who remembers the leatherworking stuff from wow that boosted the armor/end/crit of the item you applied it to and the best versions were a lot better but required leatherworking. Something like this would be good.

Armstech/artifice: Sharpening stones/weights and increase damage for 30mins by let's say 5% and let's have them re into ones that are reusable for arms/art users. this has been effective before and give the a req skill to use.

Wouldn't adding things like this help alot more than just nerfing the only one that acts right.

since biochem crafted implants are not best in slot - rakata from dailies are - the value to end game money making for the profession won't be anywhere near on par as it will be with synthweaveing/armormech/armstech for those that have the resources and the will to farm biometrics and make crafted moddable gear

Well I can't speak for all classes, but for Sage/Sorc the Biochem implants are VASTLY superior to the rakata daily ones. Like by 30-40 stat points.

Even a crit crafted Prototype implant is of similar quality to the rakata ones, and the Artifact ones aren't even a contest.

I was running around on my Imperial Agent (he was only level 11-12), and some guy was giving away a free reusable med-pack. In receiving it, I tried it out for awhile, and it didn't seem like it needed to be nerfed. I mean, you can only use it every 5-10 minutes, which, if you kept playing in that time, you could've more than likely have looted a normal med-pack of an enemy

I'm guessing you mean things, like scavenging giving bonus endurance or some such? Or gives a certain temporary buff? Like in wow, having herbalism gave a haste buff?

If every crew skill were to get something similiar

That can be approached also, but I was speaking of the crafting skills more then the gathering or mission skills. In short, armortec being able to add an additonal slot to self only items, not unlike blacksmiths did in wow. Same idea, granting each skill its useful perk.

I'd agree, but unless they do, it's better not to mess anymore with biochem as it is.

Agree. Nerfing Bio-chem as a stop-gap is fine, but absolutely develop end game perks for each crafting skill and allow bio-chem its reusable pots. I've never been able to comprehend the decision to nerf one item down because another has issues. Rendering all skills useless for end game, rather then develop viable options for the "other" skills does not improve the gaming experience, or the hope of longevity with participants. in short, it does not make sense beyond the worn out MMORPG concept of "harder means better". It does not, never has.

The real problem is, that the best Medipack I can craft for Non-Biochems uses 2 Green Tier 5 Mats (Red Goo and Quick Grow Agent). With Bionanlysis I get 3 Missions in this Tier for the white Mats that you can buy at the Crew Skill vendor. Then there is ONE Mission for Compunds and 1 for Samples.

Each of these Missions get 3 times out of 4 the wrong material and not the Red Goo dn Quick Growth Agent.

Just look in the Marketplace. 1 green mat tier 5 "Quick Grow Agent" goes for 3.600k if it is cheap, and up to 5k. Even for these prices there are often only 30-40 availabe. If I buy the mats on AH I must pay 16.000 Credits to craft a green medipack for my guildmates. If I try to get the Mats via bioanaylsis it takes endless time (because I only get 1 Mission) and creds.

Just increase the rate that these very important mats are gathered through bionanalysis and delete these completly useless missiosn for syringes at tier 5. 1 syringe costs 10 creds at the crew skill vendor, I DON'T need 3 Missions for that in tier 5.

If these green tier 5 mats would be equally easy availabe as the most tier 5 green mats, than you would see blue Med-/Buff-/Adrenals at the AH for very reasonable prices. Now I pay 16k+ to craft 1 green Medpack, so nobody bothers to craft them because no one will buy them at these prices.

Mats for products that are used up must be easy and cheap to get, so that everybody crafts these consumables. Then every Non-Biochem can buy cheap stacks at the AH and nodoby loses.

I have 500+ blue Mats for Tier 5 and 6, I even have more Mandalorian Iron than these critical mats for consumables. An as the mats are tier 5, the 340 missions from the top slicing tier aren't useful to get them.

Whole nother issue friend, one that I completely agree with you on. Currently I am attempting to make my level 40 items. I am constantly getting mats, such as red-goo, which are used for higher recipees. It almost appears ***-backwards.

....but yes, very, very valid point.

You're changing the game from what they have in mind. If everybody was a biochemist and had unlimited adrenals and medpacs, they would need to redesign encounters to factor that. Adrenals and medpacs are supposed to be used in emergencies or for that extra kick, it shouldn't be a required ability or item to do an encounter, and what you're suggesting would change that.

Same thing with incombat rezzes. They purposely only made a couple of classes with this ability on a 5 min timer. They don't want a game where you're using the crutch of reviving people constantly in combat to beat it.

All the functions would still be available. You can still use adrenals, you can still use medpacs, you can still use stims. What you are removing is the UNLIMITED ability to use those. You would be on the same footing as everybody else, is this not fair? For the benefit of being a biochemist, perhaps you can use those same stims/adrenals/medpacs more efficiently, maybe a 20% bonus.

I can tell you, a 15% sprint, incombat reviving, would not make me drop biochem where i have unlimited adrenals or medpacs.

The other crafting skills are fine. I make tons of creds with them. Sure, they could use some tweeks, but they're not broken. They only seem broken because you are comparing them to Biochem.

Ya, and they take like 160 commendations for each one. Most people would buy crafted implants while they're working on getting the commendations for the Rakata.

And um... biochemists could make stims/adrenals/medpacs for profit. There's no market for it right now because everybody is moving to biochem and using reusables, but remove the reusables, and you'll get people buying those consumables again.

You're enjoying being a biochemist right now because you're enjoying the advantages you get. The advantages you get over the other players who aren't biochemists, and the advantages of the encounters that were not made in mind for unlimited adrenals/medpacs. But if this becomes the standard, then you won't have the biochem advantage over the other players, and the content will be developed with the assumption that the reusables are required rather than as emergencies.

Sure, you'll be overpowered now and enjoying it, but in the end, you'll just be like everybody else, with no advantage over other players or over the content. In fact, if reusables become common than getting to 50 is not the end of the road for you, you would also need to get 400 in a crafting skill for the utilities because content would be created with the assumption that players would have the 400 crafting utilities.

You guys need to think how this is affecting the game long term. I've already seen it affecting PvP and raids. 95% of all PvPers are Biochemists now. Half of raiders are biochemists now, the other half is thinking about it.

Edited by Chunkie

You're changing the game from what they have in mind. If everybody was a biochemist and had unlimited adrenals and medpacs, they would need to redesign encounters to factor that. Adrenals and medpacs are supposed to be used in emergencies or for that extra kick, it shouldn't be a required ability or item to do an encounter, and what you're suggesting would change that.

Same thing with incombat rezzes. They purposely only made a couple of classes with this ability on a 5 min timer. They don't want a game where you're using the crutch of reviving people constantly in combat to beat it.

All the functions would still be available. You can still use adrenals, you can still use medpacs, you can still use stims. What you are removing is the UNLIMITED ability to use those. You would be on the same footing as everybody else, is this not fair? For the benefit of being a biochemist, perhaps you can use those same stims/adrenals/medpacs more efficiently, maybe a 20% bonus.

I can tell you, a 15% sprint, incombat reviving, would not make me drop biochem where i have unlimited adrenals or medpacs.

The other crafting skills are fine. I make tons of creds with them. Sure, they could use some tweeks, but they're not broken. They only seem broken because you are comparing them to Biochem.

no You are proposing changin it from what they had in mind.

Also I have determined by being a biochem for 2 months that not everyone is biochem as I have never had to fight over spawns like scavenging archaeology and slicing do I have a character with each crafting skill and only on my bio have I never had someone after the same nodes as me. so plenty doing other stuff

and if you had the ability to combat rez and deploy a repair droid you would never have trouble getting into a HM/op.

but in pvp nothing matters but raw stats and skill and they stack biochem because they lack skill because armor doesn't degrade in pvp and you just get handed your full set of gear as pvp rewards. so yeah pvp love biochem but maybe that just means pvp is broken. Take away the BM/cent/champ sets and people would be crafters real fast, so don't complain that you took something to min max further after everything you would ever need was handed to you on a silver platter.

You're changing the game from what they have in mind. If everybody was a biochemist and had unlimited adrenals and medpacs, they would need to redesign encounters to factor that.

I would contend to the contrary. Everyone WILL have unlimited access to all needed pots. That is why everyone is a bio, well, the general raiding population. This will not change. People, especially raiders, will find a way. I know, I've been raiding, leading raids, been in raiding guilds for a long time and I can pretty much assure you that everyone in my raid will have their stims, meds, absorbs, one way or another. if they are in game, we will have them.

It is further my contention that these items are already accounted for in the equation.

Edited by Blackardin

SWG got it right with officers dropping stimpacks ;)

BW should give Agents and Smugglers a skill choice that allows something similar.

Agents drop Imperial Tactic Stims, Smugglers drop spice stims.

Been done before with SWG, but it worked so well.

Honestly, dont think BW even thought about crafting in this game. After-thought springs to mind.