Aimed shot

trixsterjl

I have noticed that aimed shot will sometimes instant fire. I cant figure out what generates this i'm only at 26 and have 2 points in charged aim. This makes it about a 1.5 sec last most of the time. Occasionally it will go off instantly. I cant find anything in the spec that says it does that. Am i missing something?

If you are in Sharpshooter you can decrease the cast time of Aimed Shot with a combination of Charged Burst, Charged Burst, Trick Shot (each Charged Burst/Trickshot seems to decrease it a .5 seconds, i.e. the combo I mentioned will drop the cast to 1.5 seconds, where a CB, TS combo will speed it to 2.0). If you are under the Alacrity boost of Burst Volley you can shave some additional time, where I have seen 1.3 second cast. However, the only time I have seen the "instanta cast" seems like a display bug where either the screen is behind drawing (but I am casting already like rolling into an alacrity boosted flyby -> aimed shot) or it bugs out where it animates but does not actually cast. Just my 2 cents.

I have noticed that aimed shot will sometimes instant fire. I cant figure out what generates this i'm only at 26 and have 2 points in charged aim. This makes it about a 1.5 sec last most of the time. Occasionally it will go off instantly. I cant find anything in the spec that says it does that. Am i missing something?

and no, there are no abilities in any of the gunslinger trees that make Aimed Shot an instant cast. Possibly what might be happening is that your cast bar might not be appearing when you start the ability, so it appears to be an instant cast. This I have seen on some of my cast abilities.

You've an ability called "snap shot" for the Snipers (not sure what the mirror name is) that makes it so that upon entering cover your next snipe in eight seconds is an instant cast.

You've an ability called "snap shot" for the Snipers (not sure what the mirror name is) that makes it so that upon entering cover your next snipe in eight seconds is an instant cast.

For SS Gunslingers, it is also called "Snap Shot" However:

Snipe -> Charged Burst: Can be insta-cast with "Snap Shot" and Pandamonium/Stroke of Genius

Ambush -> Aimed Shot: Cannot be insta-cast

I've seen times when Aimed Shot seems to insta-cast, but the damage on the target does not show up until the appropriate time and another move cannot be used until the regular 2.5 or 1.5 seconds have passed. I've also seen this similar effect on moves on my Sage besides just on my Gunslinger.

I think two different bugs are happening at the same time:

1. The cast bar is not showing, as mentioned in a post above.
  2. The animation timing is thrown off to look like an insta-cast.

The annoying thing is using a move on my Sage after using "Mental Alacrity" or an alacrity relic, seeing the animation complete early, moving right after, and having the move be canceled due to this bug.