Future Story Arc Thoughts

Nieme

In regards to the new story arc they are supposedly releasing later this year, what are some of your thoughts on how it will turn out? I like to think and see if I can figure out the plot before it is released. For those of you who have not played the 2.7 update on the Public Test Servers I will give a bit of the story, and then from what they leave in the air I would like to theorize.

The Sith and the Jedi both attack each others home planets, being Koriban and Tython. They do this at the same time and it was done in order to retrieve a certain object from both the Sith Academy and the Jedi Temple. As to what these items or information could possibly be is unknown. It essentially leaves off by saying that future developments will come.

I would like to hear your thoughts on where it could possibly be going.

It's gotta be about Revan and the Emporer.

Maybe the meaning of the invasions is to find some sort of Intel on their existence, because they pulled kinda the same fate for the two of them.

Revan- Was presumed killed, however only we knows that he teleported. But all in all the Empire thinks he is dead

The Emporer- Was presumed killed by the Jedi Knight at the end of Chp 3. Again, only we know he survived, but the Republic thinks he's dead . Same deals, same unknown existences. So maybe...the story arch will lead to them. Maybe. I know the galaxy shaking finale has to be fighting the Emporer, because both sith and Jedi thinks he's nuts. The next world expansion may include the storyline as well, which would be cool! And BW said in the CT a kotor world was close to coming. Well..they implied it lol.

Just my two cents 😋

Beware spoilers for the Dawn of the Jedi comics

If you have not already, I recommend watching the cut scenes of Imp/Pub story lines with the flashpoints in 2.7 on YouTube, Dulfy put them up. Also each class receives in game mail, much that is not significant, but the Sith Warrior is told that the Emperor IS alive. It is hard to think of the supposed "ground shaking event" that Bioware refers to not involving the Emperor, and his story is intertwined with Revan's, so we'll probably see him too. There have been some things going on in my mind after reading the Dawn of the Jedi comics, watching the cut scenes from 2.7, and thinking about the more recent Swtor story:

-In the Korriban flashpoints, final Sith and Jedi that you fight both vaguely mention an "old man" who obviously told them about an event that would happen, including their own deaths, as they act surprised that it happened so soon. This probably means it was a recent development. As to the identity of the "old man", Revan and the Emperor could be trying to pit each faction against each other, but Revan doesn't necessarily look old and the Emperor will probably be looking for a more suitable host body than an old man. It is possible that Calphayus is manipulating these people. If you did not know, he is the sole survivor of the Dread Masters on the Light Sided Republic Oricon arc, and we always speculated the Masters' connection to the Emperor and his appearance would fit. The last bit that made me legitimately consider him is he was the Dread Master associated with visions, time, and prophecy, giving him the ability to tell the Jedi about the doomsday thing that "we cannot stop."

-What relic was "under" the temple on Tython that the Sith Goh and company where searching for that would be some super amazing victory for the Empire? In the Dawn of the Jedi comics, basically the Kwa was an advanced race that made Infinity Gates, similar to the Gree's Hypergates as seen in TFB, that taught the Rakata how to use the force. The Rakata became a vicious, Dark side obsessed Empire that killed much of the Kwa and enslaved everyone else. In the comics, the Rakata invade Tython, trying to take the Infinity Gate that the Kwa built there to use as a weapon. Not only could the Infinity Gates be used as a way to travel, but they can decimate planets with Infinity Waves. If you remember in TFB, a lot of the dialogue of the Dread Masters was done by Calphayus, and it is possible the Dread Masters were on Asation with a motive that we did not know about. Tython, Lehon, Dathomir, and a moon in the unknown regions are the places where Infinity Gates are known to be, so while it would be a good reason to search Tython, it could lead to Lehon being a new planet in an expansion.

What do you think?

If you have not already, I recommend watching the cut scenes of Imp/Pub story lines with the flashpoints in 2.7 on YouTube, Dulfy put them up. Also each class receives in game mail, much that is not significant, but the Sith Warrior is told that the Emperor IS alive. It is hard to think of the supposed "ground shaking event" that Bioware refers to not involving the Emperor, and his story is intertwined with Revan's, so we'll probably see him too. There have been some things going on in my mind after reading the Dawn of the Jedi comics, watching the cut scenes from 2.7, and thinking about the more recent Swtor story:

-In the Korriban flashpoints, final Sith and Jedi that you fight both vaguely mention an "old man" who obviously told them about an event that would happen, including their own deaths, as they act surprised that it happened so soon. This probably means it was a recent development. As to the identity of the "old man", Revan and the Emperor could be trying to pit each faction against each other, but Revan doesn't necessarily look old and the Emperor will probably be looking for a more suitable host body than an old man. It is possible that Calphayus is manipulating these people. If you did not know, he is the sole survivor of the Dread Masters on the Light Sided Republic Oricon arc, and we always speculated the Masters' connection to the Emperor and his appearance would fit. The last bit that made me legitimately consider him is he was the Dread Master associated with visions, time, and prophecy, giving him the ability to tell the Jedi about the doomsday thing that "we cannot stop."

-What relic was "under" the temple on Tython that the Sith Goh and company where searching for that would be some super amazing victory for the Empire? In the Dawn of the Jedi comics, basically the Kwa was an advanced race that made Infinity Gates, similar to the Gree's Hypergates as seen in TFB, that taught the Rakata how to use the force. The Rakata became a vicious, Dark side obsessed Empire that killed much of the Kwa and enslaved everyone else. In the comics, the Rakata invade Tython, trying to take the Infinity Gate that the Kwa built there to use as a weapon. Not only could the Infinity Gates be used as a way to travel, but they can decimate planets with Infinity Waves. If you remember in TFB, a lot of the dialogue of the Dread Masters was done by Calphayus, and it is possible the Dread Masters were on Asation with a motive that we did not know about. Tython, Lehon, Dathomir, and a moon in the unknown regions are the places where Infinity Gates are known to be, so while it would be a good reason to search Tython, it could lead to Lehon being a new planet in an expansion.

What do you think?

Sounds like a good idea, however I don't think they would include the dread master in just because alot of the fan base were tired of them up to DP. I haven't watched the cutscenes just cause I want to experience it fully when it comes out. But I haven't read the comic either, I'd like something new. And the old man could be Revan, no telling how long it's been since he was freed and the foundry. Maybe those 300 years are catching up to him? This era of the old republic could mean the end to his saga, meaning it'd be likely to see him at his older state with a beard and everything, like Obi Wan in ep. 4. Just ideas.

When Revan teleported he wasn't exactly...mentally stable, he wanted to commit genocide on the sith. There's no telling what his state is or who he's loyal to. Or! It won't be about Revan at all and I'm just brainstorming for no reason:)

That's the fun in the story!

Impossible to be Calphayus just because his fate is not guaranteed.

Yep.

Can't remember who it was but it was pointed out early on, in the past, that whatever character or event that was LS / DS choice dependent would not be addressed in any meaningful way so to speak, as not to override anyone's decision.

What do you think?

I think you have a pretty good theory on what could happen in the future, and if it turns out true it would make for a very good story, as long as bioware writes it correctly.

What do you think?

Seeing that Calphayus can either be killed or spared by the player, you can be sure he won't be making any other appearances.

Bioware stated as much, a couple of times in the past, concerning characters whose ultimate fate is player determined.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Today, Bioware put up a State of the Galaxy post from the Shroud containing a lot of information on how things are going in the galaxy at the moment. I understand, Darth_Wicked, that Bioware wants to keep players' decisions unaltered, but I think this is more than a simple nod to a single possible outcome of the Oricon story arc.

Oricon

Reports from Oricon have been highly erratic and contradictory. Used as a headquarters by rogue Sith known as the Dread Masters, the moon was invaded by Republic and Imperial forces, all of whom seem to have suffered from psychological manipulations with varying degrees of severity. In spite of these effects, the Dread Masters themselves were neutralized, though it remains unclear which side is responsible.

Before their defeat, the Dread Masters were a significant threat to both the Republic and the Empire; this was a danger more in terms of mass violence than one of any real political potential. Followers of the Dread Masters amassed an impressive collection of ancient and unusual technologies to serve their ends; Asset O-9 has been assigned to assess the possibility of recovering some of these technologies, and to confirm or disprove rumors that one of the Dread Masters may have been captured alive by Republic forces.

Today, Bioware put up a State of the Galaxy post from the Shroud containing a lot of information on how things are going in the galaxy at the moment. I understand, Darth_Wicked, that Bioware wants to keep players' decisions unaltered, but I think this is more than a simple nod to a single possible outcome of the Oricon story arc.

More like a nod that simply reinforces what Bioware has been doing all this time: NOT to override whatever decision the players come to make.

It mentions the hypothetical survival of one of the DM's, like it mentions the hypothetical retrieval of the DM's technology, which is something that is ALSO player determined, Empire side.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

While the Shroud doesn't seem to fit the role of "mysterious, manipulative, fate-revealing old man" that I want to fill with Calphayus, it is clear that the Shroud will play some part in the upcoming story. What significance could the Shroud make in an ancient relic hunt with cross faction destruction?

While the Shroud doesn't seem to fit the role of "mysterious, manipulative, fate-revealing old man" that I want to fill with Calphayus, it is clear that the Shroud will play some part in the upcoming story. What significance could the Shroud make in an ancient relic hunt with cross faction destruction?

I doubt we'll see anything significant, as far as the Shroud is concerned, until 3.0 hits.

As it is now, he merely occupies what is designated as the all "omniscient third person narrator", who serves as an independent bystander while commenting on both factions.

After playing the 4 flashpoints myself, I'm pretty sure whatever it was Lord Goh found had to have been a holocron, weapon, or something that could be loaded onto a ship. Also, didn't Goh's strange silence scream possession to you, likely by the Emperor? I'm also thinking about how Theron said you need to do some digging with a person who's outside of "the system" and is neutral (The Shroud? :D).

After playing the 4 flashpoints myself, I'm pretty sure whatever it was Lord Goh found had to have been a holocron, weapon, or something that could be loaded onto a ship. Also, didn't Goh's strange silence scream possession to you, likely by the Emperor? I'm also thinking about how Theron said you need to do some digging with a person who's outside of "the system" and is neutral (The Shroud? :D).

Doubtful. I'd say more but it's probably for the best if I do not. However...

There's some stuff about what's to come, somewhere on the internet already.

Doubtful. I'd say more but it's probably for the best if I do not. However...

There's some stuff about what's to come, somewhere on the internet already.

I suspect that, as far as the storyline is concerned, based on what we have seen in the new Flashpoints, I can draw 3 conclusions:

1. Master Orlic Traless, member of the Jedi High Council, has died during the siege on Tython. That seat is now open and your knight(Sentinel or Guardian) may be the newest member of the Jedi Council shortly.

2. Master Liam Dentiri, the Jedi Master that gives you the battle readiness tests during your time on Tython, has also perished. Not sure what this is going to mean for Shadow/Sages, but it sounds encouraging.

3. The Jedi that kills Darth Soverus at the end of Korriban Incursion is definitely a suspicious character as he did NOT act in the manner consistent with Jedi. Cold and calculating, as if he was covertly preventing the Sith from telling something he have known.

Edited by DarknessInLight

I suspect that, as far as the storyline is concerned, based on what we have seen in the new Flashpoints, I can draw 3 conclusions:

1. Master Orlic Traless, member of the Jedi High Council, has died during the siege on Tython. That seat is now open and your knight(Sentinel or Guardian) may be the newest member of the Jedi Council shortly.

2. Master Liam Dentiri, the Jedi Master that gives you the battle readiness tests during your time on Tython, has also perished. Not sure what this is going to mean for Shadow/Sages, but it sounds encouraging.

3. The Jedi that kills Darth Soverus at the end of Korriban Incursion is definitely a suspicious character as he did NOT act in the manner consistent with Jedi. Cold and calculating, as if he was covertly preventing the Sith from telling something he have known.

1 ) There were other Jedi Council members who died in the past and the JK didn't replace either of them, being Master Jaric Kaedan a prime example. And he was the one who arrested the Dread Masters and had them sent to Belsavis.

2 ) I don't think this one is supposed to mean anything at all, other than Bioware re-utilizing an already established character.

3 ) Commander Jensyn, just like Darth Soverus, was part of the upcoming conspiracy one may assume, which is why Darth Arkous insists that he MUST be killed, no matter what, lest he feel tempted to reveal something.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

There were other Jedi Council members who died in the past and the JK didn't replace either of them, being Master Jaric Kaedan a prime example. And he was the one who arrested the Dread Masters and had them sent to Belsavis.

If that's the case, why make it a point via Satele Shan? It seems to indicate, to me at least, that the empty seat will be fulfilled.

If that's the case, why make it a point via Satele Shan? It seems to indicate, to me at least, that the empty seat will be fulfilled.

And it will be fulfilled... Just not by the Jedi Knight.

Plus, the Jedi Consular ALSO sits on the Jedi Council. How would you explain the JC's absence from the ceremony, if the JK was to be appointed?

theories aside. Do you guys thinks that this arc's future will have something that fits the non-force users, lore wise, in the story itself? i mean, i'm sure a skilled bounty hunter can kill a powerfull jedi or sith, but what we have now its godlike enemies and powers, dread masters, entities, emperors and so on. I don't know much about the EU,but i dont remember any non-sensitive who have beat this kind of odds.