Is this a viable build for a pvp hybrid sin

cool-dude

No, you are spreading your points too thin. You're trading some important abilities in our tank tree for nothing worth-while. You're going to want the armor and out of stealth spike, force pull is invaluable in huttball and peeling enemies (a tank's duty) as well as increased damage to shock...all for only 3 points.

Drop deception and put all the points into darkness. Remove swelling and electric execution in favor of lightning reflexes and recovery. Dark charge doesn't do a whole hell of a lot of damage. Get premonition too, that's highly useful in pvp.

Get Death field, fanatacism and haunting dreams. This is your standard 23/0/17 build for high utility, and solid damage.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bIbsz0cZfhb0oZf0cMb.2

This build will use the tank stance.

Hybrid builds seem to work really good for juggernauts and other " can-tank" classes, and am curious if it will work for the Assassin.

The spec you are looking for is 23-1-17, there is a detailed guide by Wakalord that will tell you exactly why this spec and a couple others are ideal for pvp.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bIbsz0cZfhb0oZf0cMb.2

This build will use the tank stance.

Hybrid builds seem to work really good for juggernauts and other " can-tank" classes, and am curious if it will work for the Assassin.

Not really. I messed around with a similar hybrid. Like this...

22/7/12

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bIbszMszZf0bZf0cMb.2

I made the build to try and emulate a WoW rogue in assassin's clothing. You can take one out of claws of decay and put it in force pull for a psuedo shadow step. It's played in dark charge with focus on maul, thrash and energize procs. It's fun, and can hold its own in random solo wz queues, but I would never try to play it in any kind of serious PvP climate. I stick to deception for that.

Not really. I messed around with a similar hybrid. Like this...

22/7/12

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bIbszMszZf0bZf0cMb.2

I made the build to try and emulate a WoW rogue in assassin's clothing. You can take one out of claws of decay and put it in force pull for a psuedo shadow step. It's played in dark charge with focus on maul, thrash and energize procs. It's fun, and can hold its own in random solo wz queues, but I would never try to play it in any kind of serious PvP climate. I stick to deception for that.

Why is Deception so good in PvP?

Why is Deception so good in PvP?

It's not so much that its "so good" and more of it being more viable, fits within my play style, and fits in my premade's composition. Some hate Dec, some love it. Imho, if I wanted to play a tank, I would've rolled a jugg. If I wanted to play a dot class, I would've rolled a sorc. I wanted to play a stealth dps, so Dec fits that bill.

Edit: phone posting ftl

Edited by Cowflab

You're missing fade and blackout in deception, pull spike and armor in darkness, and raze and ww from madness to take relatively low value abilities in other trees. It would work better IMO if you dropped your third tree of your choice to go up higher in a different tree you'd be more effective.

As for its viability you can pretty much throw darts at a dartboard to pick your points and do fine in regs, but in rateds or against premades you'll be wishing you specced better.

Dark charge increases your armour rating, thus meaning you are harder to bring down(gear permitting of course) but there is a -25% damage buff I think, so you deal less damage, unless you get buffs from the team.

23/1/17 or 23/3/15 is still great for those new in pvp to get more medals.