Should the Sith return in the sequel trilogy?

Aitix

Should the Sith return? The simple answer is no, they should not. Not the true Sith anyway. The true Sith is the Banite line, culminating in the most powerful Sith ever. There will most likely be Sith pretenders-followers of the Sith ideal and the example Sidious put forth, but never capable of reaching his greatness.

At best, we will get some second-rate Sith pretenders who think they are the best thing ever. They'll probably be very generic, trying to do what Sidious did, but failing like the generations of Sith before them.

Dont think you understand how the force and balance works. There will always be sith and jedi even if one of them get all wiped out.The force wull draw in force user to each side, as in the will of the force of things.

Sidious did only bring the force out of balance, and Anakin got the force balanced again.

Balance is as easy as 50/50 you can say.And what you call dark jedi are the ones who turn into sith, dont you know the lore ? star wars cant work without the fight between light and dark.Other enemies for thee most part are just boring.

When did I say there would be no dark side?

My point was, there needs to be an enemy using the dark side of the force, and likely a red lightsaber. However, the dark side user(s) should be starting from scratch, just like Luke is doing with the light side. His "Jedi" are much different from the Jedi order of old.

The Sith line died out with Sidious and Vader. There will be baddies who will come up and fill the power vacuum, but they won't be genuine Sith.

I do not see how they cannot draw some of the story line of the new sequels from books already published. I would hope that the three sequels conclude before the Yuuzhan Vong War, too dark a period for younger fans and Disney imho. So far as Sith or Dark Side Jedi, they always makes things interesting. :)

Well they said that they were not going to with their statement that it was going to be a whole new storyline.

So George Lucas lied yet again.... He had stated that Episodes I - VI were his story. No more, no less. I have never seen a creator retcon himself as much as George Lucas. He's lied and backpedalled so often, I don't know what any of us can believe out of his mouth, anymore.

George did not lie. There were meant to be 12 movies. He then changed his mind to 9 and then 6 because he was tired of Star Wars, but the outlines were still there and those have been passed to Ardnt. You can read all the different ideas and changes here.

When did I say there would be no dark side?

My point was, there needs to be an enemy using the dark side of the force, and likely a red lightsaber. However, the dark side user(s) should be starting from scratch, just like Luke is doing with the light side. His "Jedi" are much different from the Jedi order of old.

The Sith line died out with Sidious and Vader. There will be baddies who will come up and fill the power vacuum, but they won't be genuine Sith.

Going by that philosophy, the Sith died out at the end of the Great Hyperspace War. They are not resurrected again for 600 years until the spirit of Naga Sadow converts Freedon Nadd. So this is a NEW Sith, not the orginal. It's Freedon Nadd's take on the Sith. They die out again and are once more resurrected 400 years later by Satal and Aleema Keto. Then Exar Kun takes over their Krath Cult that is based on Sith teachings. It isn't until the spirit of Marka Rangos crowns Exar Kun Lord of the Sith that they are thrust onto the galactic stage once more. And so on and so on. Leaping through time each time a different version of the Sith. So the REAL Sith, as a philosophy, died 4000 years prior to the one we see as the Sith. The one formed by Darth Bane. This being the rule of two, only one master and one apprentice.

So to your final line "There will be baddies who will come up and fill the power vacuum, but they won't be genuine Sith." Sidious and Vader weren't really "genuine Sith" either. :cool:

Edited by Thylbanus

So to your final line "There will be baddies who will come up and fill the power vacuum, but they won't be genuine Sith." Sidious and Vader weren't really "genuine Sith" either. :cool:

Fair enough. :) I guess what I mean is, it's only fair if they have to start from scratch, like Luke has to start the Jedi over from scratch. The Banite line should be dead and gone with Sidious.

You have to remember that in the history of Star Wars, the Sith have 'died out' and come back several times. This should be no different. So Palpatine/Sidious and Vader are gone. That doesn't mean there can't be another Sith, or even a fallen Jedi who becomes a Sith, to bring conflict and chaos to Episode VII.

And I think that with the next movie being an original story, all the EU stories after RoTJ become irrelevant. (I do hope they bring Mara Jade into it, however, as she was the single greatest thing the EU gave us.)

I don't care that Ep. 7 is an original story. I don't care if it has Sith in it or not. My main wishes are:

#1: Bring Back Luke, Leia, Han, and now they just confirmed BDW is coming back as Lando!

#2: While they dont have to adapt an EU story, don't throw away over 30 years of hard work by the authors and over 30 years of new characters we've grown to know and love. Keep the Skywalker/Solo families like they are in the books (Luke, Mara, Ben / Han, Leia, Jacen, Jaina, Anakin), and don't contradict any existing stories, and I'll be happy.

And I loved the Vong. Just saying.