What gear DPS need to have to take down Nightmare Pilgrim?

I've been told this boss you need to take down 6million health in 6.5min? If you bring 9 DPS, then every DPS need to output 1700 DPS??? that's just impossible. Or am I getting it wrong?

If anyone who has taken down this boss, can you give me a reference as to how well geared the DPS need to be? Full rakata enough? or need some pieces of blackhole gear? and what's your team composition?

You have to be very geared out, either full rakata or close to it. My guild had 8 people + pugged from rest from another friendly guild and oh my gosh this is a tough fight. You also have to keep in mind that about 4 times throughout throughout the fight for a period of about 5-8 second everyone basically has to stop DPS, but I wont tell you what for.

Sadly, our attempts ended in failure as we always got one of the mobs down to around 10% and the other to 20% before they enraged due to several DPS not paying attention and killing themselves.

I've been told this boss you need to take down 6million health in 6.5min?

It's not 6mil health combined anymore. Some strats list them as "Thing: 3.6mil. Pilgrim: 2.6mil".

It's actually "Thing: 2.4mil. Pilgrim: 1.4mil".

So it's a lot less dps needed. From everything I've seen, you need to get the Thing down to 50% or less before the first knockback by Pilgrim or you probably don't have the DPS check yet. This 50% is roughly 1330 DPS on average per person (this is assuming you have 9 dps'ers and two tanks on Thing that do about half the dps of one dps'er).

Edited by Lostpenguins

we downed him with our raid in full rakata, the fight isnt as hard as some people say. We spent one hour finding out the strategy and we killed him in an hour and a half. This fight isnt really a dps check it is more of a stupidity check.If you attack him with his shield up you will get oneshot .This is not a problem for melee because they get pushed back.But for ranged you need to stop your dps right away Edited by erruanon

Is this boss supposed to come after 16m EC HM? Or is it the same difficulty as the bosses in EC HM (or easier)?

And probably a dumb question but...can you use more than 16 players to kill it? I've killed other world bosses with more than 16 people.

Thanks for any info.

Is this boss supposed to come after 16m EC HM? Or is it the same difficulty as the bosses in EC HM (or easier)?

And probably a dumb question but...can you use more than 16 players to kill it? I've killed other world bosses with more than 16 people.

Thanks for any info.

As the guy said, above you, you can do it in Full Rakata. I'd say it's probably on par with EC HM, but much easier of a strat to pull off since the bosses don't need to be moved.

You can't use more than 16 people in your ops group. You get a debuff for every person in your raid and having more than that will cause your operation to wipe and die.